Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasmo55 View Post

Now tell me again about all the things our government does well. I keep forgetting because I'm not seeing it.
Healthcare. Medicare is a very successful program.

NASA, Military, US Post Office, FDA.......
Old 10-24-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Healthcare. Medicare is a very successful program.

NASA, Military, US Post Office, FDA.......
You forgot NSA, CIA, FBI, DEA, BATF, IRS, ICE, TSA, and.................................

Amtrack!!!!!!!!!

Chas
Old 10-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You forgot NSA, CIA, FBI, DEA, BATF, IRS, ICE, TSA, and.................................

Amtrack!!!!!!!!!

Chas
yes the IRS is very effective, I'd like see prove industry take money from folks as effectively
Old 10-24-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
yes the IRS is very effective, I'd like see prove industry take money from folks as effectively
I've noticed that being a member of the Obama Administration seems to be far more effective in causing people to pay their taxes than the IRS is.

Maybe the IRS is just for "the little people".

Chas
Old 10-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've noticed that being a member of the Obama Administration seems to be far more effective in causing people to pay their taxes than the IRS is.

Maybe the IRS is just for "the little people".

Chas
Some things never change.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Resident octogenarian

Amtrak actually does well for a railroad that owns very little track. What they do own they pay for themselves unlike airlines whose airports we pay for, and trucking companies whose roads we pay for.

Sure Amtrack gets handed some money every year, but no moreso than the airlines or trucking companies.

Took the Superliner to Colorado a few years back, great way to actually 'see' the country. Much prettier at ground level than at 30,000 feet. Food was great, not like Southmessed peanuts.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Amtrak actually does well for a railroad that owns very little track. What they do own they pay for themselves unlike airlines whose airports we pay for, and trucking companies whose roads we pay for.

Sure Amtrack gets handed some money every year, but no moreso than the airlines or trucking companies.

Took the Superliner to Colorado a few years back, great way to actually 'see' the country. Much prettier at ground level than at 30,000 feet. Food was great, not like Southmessed peanuts.
Amtrack just doesn't work in Missouri, unless you want to go from St. Louis to Kansas City.

Actually, when I was a kid, and we still had a depot, my Grandfather took me to KC a couple of times to watch the Cardinals play KC...he was a die hard Cardinal fan. Also retired from the railroad and got free passes. We still have the "Railroad Pond", about a three acre lake which has been converted into a pretty nice city park. Used to go hunting there when I was a kid...back in the good old days when the city cops would drive past a couple of mean little kids packing .22's and shotguns and never look up. It was a city park then.

I enjoyed taking the train. Way better than riding the Arkamo (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri) bus. Purple with an orange interior.

I would rather walk uphill in the rain as fly.

Chas
Old 10-24-2009, 05:20 PM

Small world, my Dad was a die hard Cardinals fan too. We only went to games at Bush Stadium though, and then only when he got tickets for free at work. When I first moved here to KC I would wear all my Cardinals gear to watch the Royals play. Oddly enough, I would get as many thumbs up as thumbs down on my attire.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Small world, my Dad was a die hard Cardinals fan too. We only went to games at Bush Stadium though, and then only when he got tickets for free at work. When I first moved here to KC I would wear all my Cardinals gear to watch the Royals play. Oddly enough, I would get as many thumbs up as thumbs down on my attire.
Always was a Cardinals fan...raised that way. I still like their baseball team, although I would rather watch the grass grow as baseball. And I'm still a fan of Anheuser Busch, I just refuse to drink their slop. Someone up there should be shot for ruining Michelob.

And someone else should be shot for moving the Cardinals football team to Arizona and replacing them with the LA Bums.

But I've been down on football every since they fired Tom Landry. While we're shooting people, let's save a cap for Jerry Jones.

Chas
Old 10-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Now you're talking sense. Been a Cardinal fan since the '64 World Series. If they let us out of class to go watch TV in the gym, I figured it had to be something special. While I would have liked to see the Cards in the series this year, it would have been real tough to fulfill my promise to take the boys to the Series again this year - 3 tickets at $250-$300 each.

Regards,

D-Ray