Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Remember your history and what happened when Jackson killed the central bank.
Yes I know what happened. Inflation skyrocketed, Federal debt had to be paid with actual gold or silver, and this country was plunged into a very long depression. If I am not mistaken Madison and Gallitin created the 2nd central bank to make it easier to pay for the war of 1812.

Jackson vetoed the five year charter Congress voted for claiming the bank was corrupt and was influencing elections.

We need a central banking system. The Fed is a loose cannon right now. The little bits of information Bernie Sanders and others was able to get out of the Fed showed that in addition to the nearly 1 trillion TARP bailout the Fed gave banks an additional, and the numbers are all over the place, 2 to 14 trillion dollars. I tend to believe the former and not Ron Paul's wild assertions of 14 trillion with 5 trillion going to bail out foreign banks. The point is we don't know what the Fed does with our money.

One of the original followers of Ayn Rand was none other than Allen Greenspan. How many years did he head up the Fed...nineteen? Don't take my word for it read his words.

http://www.noblesoul.com/orc/bio/turbulence.html

The damage Greenspan did to this country in that nearly twenty years may never be undone. He even admitted it when testifying before Congress, but our traditional media is to stupid to pick up on it and run with it.

It is time for complete oversight of the Fed by Congress. The only problem is the Capitol building is a permanent circus tent with clowns dressed in their $110,000 Alexander Amosu suits doing their act,"lets fuck the poor, the middle class, and the elderly". Read the Ryan budget plan if you don't believe me. /rant
Old 03-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Area Man

So, making the open ended commitment of giving the "job creaters" whatever they want, ostensibly to keep them from screwing us out of what we have left, is cause for concern in your mind?

I tend to think that these people believe they are entitled to unlimited wealth and the rest of us are entitled to----nothing. And, that if we fail to keep our guard up, "nothing" is precisely what we will end up with.

Dave
Old 03-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
Yes I know what happened. Inflation skyrocketed, Federal debt had to be paid with actual gold or silver, and this country was plunged into a very long depression. If I am not mistaken Madison and Gallitin created the 2nd central bank to make it easier to pay for the war of 1812.

Jackson vetoed the five year charter Congress voted for claiming the bank was corrupt and was influencing elections.

We need a central banking system. The Fed is a loose cannon right now. The little bits of information Bernie Sanders and others was able to get out of the Fed showed that in addition to the nearly 1 trillion TARP bailout the Fed gave banks an additional, and the numbers are all over the place, 2 to 14 trillion dollars. I tend to believe the former and not Ron Paul's wild assertions of 14 trillion with 5 trillion going to bail out foreign banks. The point is we don't know what the Fed does with our money.

The newest economic wonderkind Paul Ryan is also a follower of Rand.

One of the original followers of Ayn Rand was none other than Allen Greenspan. How many years did he head up the Fed...nineteen? Don't take my word for it read his words.

http://www.noblesoul.com/orc/bio/turbulence.html

The damage Greenspan did to this country in that nearly twenty years may never be undone. He even admitted it when testifying before Congress, but our traditional media is to stupid to pick up on it and run with it.

It is time for complete oversight of the Fed by Congress. The only problem is the Capitol building is a permanent circus tent with clowns dressed in their $110,000 Alexander Amosu suits doing their act,"lets fuck the poor, the middle class, and the elderly". Read the Ryan budget plan if you don't believe me. /rant
It was Greenspan, Rubin and Geithner who sabotaged Brooksley Born when she tried to have derivatives regulated. Had they listened to her we might have averted the crash.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
It was Greenspan, Rubin and Geithner who sabotaged Brooksley Born when she tried to have derivatives regulated. Had they listened to her we might have averted the crash.
I can't disagree.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

You know, rereading that, I think it's a backhand at the Congressional Dems.

Pete
Old 03-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
You know, rereading that, I think it's a backhand at the Congressional Dems.

Pete
Pete they have all been bought, Dems and GOPs, why do you think that the top 1% walked off with 93% of the income last year. Don't spend you share of the 7% all in one store.

Big business got organized and they pay to have articles written and published spreading their propaganda. They shower $$$ on the pols - because getting elected anymore takes big $$$. When the unions were strong they volunteered at getting out the vote but now that they have been decimated voter participation is down.

If money is speech whose voice do you think is heard - yours, mine or the Koch brothers?

Last edited by merrylander; 03-29-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:37 PM

I think this pay for fail is almost as good as those trying to bring down the USA for personal gain with derivitives and such..

Quote:
(03-28) 10:19 PDT NEW YORK, (AP) --

The CEO of Bank of America was paid $7.5 million last year — six times what he got in 2010. That's according to an Associated Press analysis of a regulatory filing out Wednesday.

The bank says Brian Moynihan's pay package for 2011 included a salary of $950,000, a $6.1 million stock award and about $420,000 worth of use of company aircraft and tax and financial advice.

It happened in a year when Bank of America stock plunged 58 percent. The bank struggled with lawsuits from investors who had bought securities backed by problematic mortgage loans
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...4D10.DTL&tsp=1

Carl