Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Resident octogenarian

The reason I don't listen to any of them is very simple. The good Lord put this wet stuff between my ears and I assume he expected me to use it, so I do. I don't need to have my opinions formed by a self confessed prescription drug abuser like Limbaugh, or a pompous ass like Dobbs, or any of the rest, most of whom could not think their way out of a wet paper bag.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:19 PM

To tell the truth folks, the only reason I say I have to go watch Beck or O'reilly is to watch Noon pop his cork.

It's like waving a red flag in front of a bull...he comes charging out, just can't help himself.

Chas
Old 09-18-2009, 06:34 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
To tell the truth folks, the only reason I say I have to go watch Beck or O'reilly is to watch Noon pop his cork.

It's like waving a red flag in front of a bull...he comes charging out, just can't help himself.

Chas
Well it is very effective.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Resident octogenarian

Reading some more details of this scam they ran on Acorn you have to wonder if the people there were not just taking the mickey out of that pair. Let's face it, this guy and girl walk in the door and claim to be a pimp and his girl who wan't to get a mortgage so they can open a cathouse. They say that they plan on employing 13 year olds, patently illegal. As it turns out the girl's fater is some religious type from Florida who runs the Clash Church. The quote they gave of his comments sounds like he has a pretty slim grip on reality. Not to excuse Acorn from some of their past omissions of keeping a close eye on things, but this really smells.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Reading some more details of this scam they ran on Acorn you have to wonder if the people there were not just taking the mickey out of that pair. Let's face it, this guy and girl walk in the door and claim to be a pimp and his girl who wan't to get a mortgage so they can open a cathouse. They say that they plan on employing 13 year olds, patently illegal. As it turns out the girl's fater is some religious type from Florida who runs the Clash Church. The quote they gave of his comments sounds like he has a pretty slim grip on reality. Not to excuse Acorn from some of their past omissions of keeping a close eye on things, but this really smells.
100% of sting operations smell.

Look at the poor Dolts being tried as terrorists in NY now.
We need to spend our time and money on real crime not tricking people into crossing lines that they would be near in the first place.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
100% of sting operations smell.

Look at the poor Dolts being tried as terrorists in NY now.
We need to spend our time and money on real crime not tricking people into crossing lines that they would be near in the first place.
My understanding was the film maker and actress used their own money for this venture. I dunno, something about corruption getting sniffed out and dealt with just makes me smile.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:39 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
My understanding was the film maker and actress used their own money for this venture. I dunno, something about corruption getting sniffed out and dealt with just makes me smile.
The film maker and actress are Dolts. I hope what really happened comes out.
The Acorn works must have figured they were out of their minds.
If you were confronted by two "mental cases" would not you just go along with them in fascination? I know that is what I have done.

Did you see how these dolts dressed? They clearly had no clue how ridiculous they looked and I guarantee no one took them seriously.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
The film maker and actress are Dolts. I hope what really happened comes out.
The Acorn works must have figured they were out of their minds.
If you were confronted by two "mental cases" would not you just go along with them in fascination? I know that is what I have done.

Did you see how these dolts dressed? They clearly had no clue how ridiculous they looked and I guarantee no one took them seriously.
Apparently congress took them seriously.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I dunno, something about corruption getting sniffed out and dealt with just makes me smile.

In that case then we should hammer the hell out of every corner of the Bush Administration. I am smiling again, now that the World Court has Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld, once again in their sights.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:01 AM

I bet they are all shaking in their boots too.