Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:06 AM

Why not?

Why can't we have the final health care bill posted on the net for a mere 72 hours before congress votes on it? The vote on this idea was straight down party lines, and even Snowe voted for it. Is this the transparency we were promised by Obama on the campaign trail? Don't the Dems see that actions just like this are what fuels the right wing commentators that they despise so much? If it's not the democrats trying to "sneak" something through, what can it be? Does anyone know of a single "valid" reason as to why the American people can't see this bill?
Old 09-26-2009, 10:14 AM

I missed the story, but will take your word for it.

Imagine if we did this with every bill, state and federal. And rather than making up their minds, our representatives simply looked at opinion polls. It would be a disaster. In fact, it would be the disaster we have now, but ten times worse. Busy working people who have had their minds twisted by special interest group advertising looking at a complicated bill written by mostly lawyers. Forming half-assed opinions and yelling at the top of their lungs "why should I have to pay?!" because sub-human Glenn Beck told them they were being robbed.

No thanks. I really don't need Rush and Beck getting a hold of the thing and telling the zombies why they are against it. Let them do their jobs. Don't like the job they're doing? Vote for someone else. It's a representative democracy. And thank God. I don't have time to run the country.

Take care,

Ed
Old 09-26-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
I missed the story, but will take your word for it.

Imagine if we did this with every bill, state and federal. And rather than making up their minds, our representatives simply looked at opinion polls. It would be a disaster. In fact, it would be the disaster we have now, but ten times worse. Busy working people who have had their minds twisted by special interest group advertising looking at a complicated bill written by mostly lawyers. Forming half-assed opinions and yelling at the top of their lungs "why should I have to pay?!" because sub-human Glenn Beck told them they were being robbed.

No thanks. I really don't need Rush and Beck getting a hold of the thing and telling the zombies why they are against it. Let them do their jobs. Don't like the job they're doing? Vote for someone else. It's a representative democracy. And thank God. I don't have time to run the country.

Take care,

Ed
Yep, that's what I thought. Thanks for the reinforcement.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote of the day for me.

I got a call from my mother yesterday and she was shocked that her sister (my aunt) was going on and on about all sorts of talking points about being against the health reform bills, anti-Obama, anti-this and anti-that. The words sounded to me just like Beck, Hannity and Limbaugh...then I remembered, my aunt lives by Fox and those clowns. She was spewing all sorts of bigoted comments too (my aunt, NOT my mom).

Sheesh, these guys are the worst of the worst, the scum of society, race-baters and all. I'm all for Free Speech, but these guys should be squelched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
I really don't need Rush and Beck getting a hold of the thing and telling the zombies why they are against it.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu View Post
Sheesh, these guys are the worst of the worst, the scum of society, race-baters and all. I'm all for Free Speech, but these guys should be squelched.
Nah, in the long run they're good for America. Really. People are learning. Getting very savvy to rhetoric and disinformation. In large part thanks to these guys. Watch over the next, oh, maybe ten years or so. Their audience will get smaller and smaller as more and more people catch on.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:33 PM

Hmmm, the audience seems to be growing guys, by leaps and bounds. It's the liberal rags, books, and shows that are scratching. Remember fellas, just because you don't like the truth, that doesn't make it less true.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu View Post
Quote of the day for me.

I got a call from my mother yesterday and she was shocked that her sister (my aunt) was going on and on about all sorts of talking points about being against the health reform bills, anti-Obama, anti-this and anti-that. The words sounded to me just like Beck, Hannity and Limbaugh...then I remembered, my aunt lives by Fox and those clowns. She was spewing all sorts of bigoted comments too (my aunt, NOT my mom).

BTW, nice dodge of the original question.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Hmmm, the audience seems to be growing guys, by leaps and bounds. It's the liberal rags, books, and shows that are scratching. Remember fellas, just because you don't like the truth, that doesn't make it less true.
And yet, somehow, we elected a Democrat for President and gave them both houses of Congress. Give it time. I'm talking on a scale of decades. People saw through it. Sure, now that the Dems are in control there will be a swing in the other direction. There always is. But it's short lived.

Funny thing about progress. It just keeps progressing.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, the audience seems to be growing guys, by leaps and bounds.
Yeah, I watch them for laughs, just like the comedy channel. I'll bet you "dollars to donuts" that's why their audience is growing, people just want to see the whackos from Faux News will come up with next, I know that's why I watch them. Did anyone catch the Glen Beck parody on Saturday Night Live the other night? Obama/Aroma LOL!!!

Indy

Last edited by Independent; 09-26-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
It's the liberal rags, books, and shows that are scratching.
Yeah, that's because the truth isn't as good as some of the stuff thay come up with on Faux & Limbo. The Dems/Libs don't make me laugh like Billbo, Hannity, Beck & Limburger. Those fricken conspiracy theories and scare tactics from those right-wing, nut-bags, now "that's" entertainment!

"YOU LIE"

Indy

Last edited by Independent; 09-26-2009 at 02:34 PM.