We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:11 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Grandstanding.

Grumpy, you've said it all.

I've never stood in there with 'em, and I'm too embarased to stand on the sidelines and cheer for 'em.

I'm not worthy to play it either way.

But I do have the up most respect for those who have.

And I have NO respect for a cheap assed politician playing it both ways. Whoever he is.

Chas

I have served in the millitary, proudly and I'd do it again. As have many of my family members in times of peace as well as war.

I'm not embarrassed to cheer for them, ever. Even from the sidelines.

I just think it would be good for my country to face war as it is,
not some sweetened up hollywood John Wayne do-gooder kill gooks in the morning then take five and smoke'em if you got'em nonsense. But dirty, bloody, ruthless death and destruction. Wherein Johnny goes marching off to war and comes back in a bag. Maybe then we would take going to war a little less lightly?

My father was a WW2 veteran. He HATED war.

Honor our veterans? Damn skippy!

Anyhow. I know Obama was doing a bit of grandstanding. I don't believe it was entirely self serving.
I also know Bush quietly thanked the families. I think he should have been a little more public about it. I see nothing wrong with public displays of gratitude coming from the POTUS. Whomever he is. Even if it has an self serving element.

I think you are wrong.

So we disagree. Big deal.

Dave
Old 11-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Wanted to add that while I may dislike obie, I did respect him for trying. Lost a lot of that with this shit.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Resident octogenarian

So do y'all believe it was better to sneak them in under cover of darkness and not allow the press to be there? I respect the right of the surviving family to have privacy should they wish, but y'all need to watch the Newshour with Jim Lehrer when they show the faces of the fallen without comment. Older ones that you know left behind spouses and children, young ones who have not even had a chance to live. And all this for a bunch of people who are the greatest single suppliers of heroin?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
So do y'all believe it was better to sneak them in under cover of darkness and not allow the press to be there? I respect the right of the surviving family to have privacy should they wish, but y'all need to watch the Newshour with Jim Lehrer when they show the faces of the fallen without comment. Older ones that you know left behind spouses and children, young ones who have not even had a chance to live. And all this for a bunch of people who are the greatest single suppliers of heroin?
Of course. You're suposed to think it's only the enemy that dies.

Geez. Get with it, Rob.

Dave
Old 11-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Resident octogenarian

A lot of good people died in WW II but at least there was a cause worth the fighting. Does no one remember their own history? Please tell me what foreign power 'gave' this country a democratic republic? Sure Lafayette lent a hand, but it was the people who gave themselves a democratic republic. There was no smiley with the tears, guess I really did not need one, they flow easily enough watching those brave people.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:31 AM

Listen carefully to the last minute of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCrAx...eature=popular

The only disgrace in this is Bush, Cheney and Cheney's daughter Liz.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Area Man

Thanks, wajobu.

Of course you do realize that this video is little more than a smear campaign against the "Greatest American" who ever lived since George Washington, don't you? What would possess MSNBC to air this obvious Commie plot to destroy poor beleaguered Dick Cheney? HHHmmmm? Could it be---------------------------------SATAN, PERHAPS?! !!

Both Bush and Cheney are cowards who ducked doing their duty during Vietnam. But, they are Republicans, so it's sacreledge (sp?) to say so.
Only pansy ass liberals do such things, not Jesus loving, squeaky clean, tough guy uber-Americans such as Bush and Cheney who single-handedly held the free world together in the name of truth, justice and the American way, all the while shitting diamonds by the truckload.

Shame on me!

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-01-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
sacreledge (sp?)
sacrilege

Old 11-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
sacrilege

Right you are! Thanks!

Dave
Old 11-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post

Nope. I think they should be shown their proper respect and not sensationalized by a single politician.