Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Loyal Opposition

Thank God for the Religious Right

What happened in New York's 23rd congressional district has been happening in my district for several years. To state the obvious, Kansas has been a consistently red state for years. I am one of the people who bring down the percapita income of Johnson County, which houses a several financial firms and some high tech businesses and serves as a bedroom community for the professionals and management officials who work in Kansas City, MO. One might expect Johnson County to be a pretty reliable place for republican votes.

For at least the last ten yeary (more I think) we have had a democratic congressman in this district - Dennis Moore. The national GOP regularly targets this seat as one they think they can take over. The problem is that the right wingers who are taking over the national GOP have already taken over the Kanas GOP. Each time they put up a candidate on the right fringe of american politics. Therefore, this economically republican district regularly delivers a democrat to congress because the professionals living here don't all buy into the social, we're gonna watch what you do in your bedroom, conservatism.

So as to not overstate my point, I should also point out that this district also takes in Wyandotte County, a considerably less affluent county, and Lawrence Kansas, where all of those liberal eggheads gather.

I see the same thing happening to the national GOP, with the possibility that Sarah Palin becomes the voice of the party. The more she and the others pull the party to the right, the better chance that the democrats will retain the presidency and gain more seats in congress. God bless the religious right.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-05-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
What happened in New York's 23rd congressional district has been happening in my district for several years. To state the obvious, Kansas has been a consistently red state for years. I am one of the people who bring down the percapita income of Johnson County, which houses a several financial firms and some high tech businesses and serves as a bedroom community for the professionals and management officials who work in Kansas City, MO. One might expect Johnson County to be a pretty reliable place for republican votes.

For at least the last ten yeary (more I think) we have had a democratic congressman in this district - Dennis Moore. The national GOP regularly targets this seat as one they think they can take over. The problem is that the right wingers who are taking over the national GOP have already taken over the Kanas GOP. Each time they put up a candidate on the right fringe of american politics. Therefore, this economically republican district regularly delivers a democrat to congress because the professionals living here don't all buy into the social, we're gonna watch what you do in your bedroom, conservatism.

So as to not overstate my point, I should also point out that this district also takes in Wyandotte County, a considerably less affluent county, and Lawrence Kansas, where all of those liberal eggheads gather.

I see the same thing happening to the national GOP, with the possibility that Sarah Palin becomes the voice of the party. The more she and the others pull the party to the right, the better chance that the democrats will retain the presidency and gain more seats in congress. God bless the religious right.

Regards,

D-Ray
You live in Johnson County and pull down the per capita income?

Does that mean you only own one helicopter?

Just kiddin!!! Us podunks down here in Bugtussell have been makin' fun of yew rich Johnson County folks fer years. Speedin' through here in all of them rich folks cars, ya know, Crown Vics, maybe a Caprice or two. All of 'em so new that ya couldn't get by with Historical Plates...least not legal!!!

Now I'm not overly religious, being raised a Methodist. You can relate, can't you D-Ray?

Liberal eggheads? Trade you a Columbia, MO for a Lawrence, KS. Won't have to ride so far to burn 'em out this time!!!

And even being a religious zealot, and a member of the VRWC, I have never advocated conservatives controlling what happens in someone's bedroom.

I may be trying to peek in the window with my Minolta 10x50 field glasses!!!

And there's always the chance I'll be watching two wimmen!!!!

Take care,

Chas
Old 11-05-2009, 06:35 PM

There are nuts on both sides, but the likes of Sarah Palin are just about as nutty and delusional as they come...watching the youtube tapes of the "services" she attended in Alaska, it's clear to me that she is nothing short of insane.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu View Post
There are nuts on both sides, but the likes of Sarah Palin are just about as nutty and delusional as they come...watching the youtube tapes of the "services" she attended in Alaska, it's clear to me that she is nothing short of insane.
You're gonna ruin this thread, talking politics and all.

Let's stay on topic.

What kinda field glasses do you use?

Chas
Old 11-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Area Man

The best thing that could ever happen to Liberals in America is a Palin nomination. She was a big part of the reason I went for Obama the last time.
Even as disappointed as I am with him, I still feel I made the right choice, and it's because of her. If McCain had picked someone more sane and reasonable than that freak, he may have gotten my vote. Sorry, but it takes a whole lot more than a wink and a nice ass to get my vote-----You must have a brain.

Cordially,
Dave
Old 11-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
The best thing that could ever happen to Liberals in America is a Palin nomination. She was a big part of the reason I went for Obama the last time.
Even as disappointed as I am with him, I still feel I made the right choice, and it's because of her. If McCain had picked someone more sane and reasonable than that freak, he may have gotten my vote. Sorry, but it takes a whole lot more than a wink and a nice ass to get my vote-----You must have a brain.

Cordially,
Dave
What makes the story so harmful to the GOP is that McCain didn't pick her. I think he wanted Lieberman. That would have been a scary strong ticket, but the right wing of the party shoved her down his throat. That trend has been hurting them in Johnson County, in the NY 23rd, and elsewhere. Just stay in that spotlight Sarah.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Area Man

Which brings something to mind. Do you remember her acceptance speech? Especially the part where she bragged to a auditorium FULL of Right-wingers that her husband is a "proud member of the United Steel Workers Union"?
She was so clueless that she didn't even realize she was speaking to a crowd that HATES organized labor! And it was HER crowd ferfuksake! Sheesh! WTF??? I almost fell off the sofa. You could have heard a gnat fart when she said that.

(Not knockin' the USW. I grew up in steel country.)

Anyhow, that's just one of my favorite Sarah Palin moments. That and the infamous Katie Couric interview. I loved how the right lambasted KC as the most horrible person earth, after that interview. It was pathetic, really.

Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Just stay in that spotlight Sarah.

Regards,

D-Ray
And God needs to get with it and tell Joe the Plumber to run for Congress!

John
Old 11-06-2009, 06:30 AM

It amazes me after her incredibly poor showing with McCain, that she is still talked of at all for any kind of political position. You would think she would be a Quayle like laughing stock for most, and an embarrassing memory for the hard core republicans. I just don't get it....
Old 11-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
It amazes me after her incredibly poor showing with McCain, that she is still talked of at all for any kind of political position. You would think she would be a Quayle like laughing stock for most, and an embarrassing memory for the hard core republicans. I just don't get it....
Here is the conundrum. Although you and I know that Sarah is an embarrassment and dolt, she does not know it and nearly 20% of America does not know it.

Now if that doesn't put the fear of God in you I don't know what will but it is apparently true.