Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:59 PM
Admin

Philly Welcomes The Pope

"Speaking from the steps outside Philadelphia’s Independence Hall, Pope Francis asked the world’s religions Saturday to embrace peace and tolerance and told immigrants in the United States to stay strong and “never be ashamed” of their traditions.
Francis said he greeted Latino immigrants Saturday with "particular affection" and gave them particularly strong words of encouragement. “Thank you for opening the doors,” the pope said.
"Do not be discouraged by whatever challenges and hardships you face,” said Francis, who delivered his speech in Spanish and said immigrants would renew American society from within."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...926-story.html

Love the new PopeMobile and love the message.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

"Speaking from the steps outside Philadelphia’s Independence Hall, Pope Francis asked the world’s religions Saturday to embrace peace and tolerance and told immigrants in the United States to stay strong and “never be ashamed” of their traditions.
Francis said he greeted Latino immigrants Saturday with "particular affection" and gave them particularly strong words of encouragement. “Thank you for opening the doors,” the pope said.
"Do not be discouraged by whatever challenges and hardships you face,” said Francis, who delivered his speech in Spanish and said immigrants would renew American society from within."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...926-story.html

Love the new PopeMobile and love the message.
The Donald has spoken out against Il Papa's stance on immigration. We'll see how that plays. Probably pretty well with his supporters.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:27 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The Donald has spoken out against Il Papa's stance on immigration. We'll see how that plays. Probably pretty well with his supporters.
Love how the wingnuts at the Heritage confab booed the Donald. It's starting to look like the bloom is off the rose.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Love how the wingnuts at the Heritage confab booed the Donald. It's starting to look like the bloom is off the rose.
There must be enough cognitive dissonance in that crowd to choke a horse.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Quote:
The GOP front-runner also turned his sights on fellow candidate Marco Rubio, the senator from South Carolina, calling him a "kid" who "shouldn't even be running in this race."
Well, no.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:25 PM
Admin

"It was a pulpit, but not a bully one. It was a simple wooden rostrum behind which a president once called for a new birth of freedom in 272 words that he wrongly predicted elsewhere in the speech that the world would not long remember..."
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics...-philadelphia/