Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Glad to hear you got it fixed.

I too had a similar leak on my covered porch's roof. Seems my youngest liked going out his bedroom window onto the roof at night to smoke. Unbeknownst to me! Must of stepped or tripped over the vent one to many times in the dark. Luckily he never fell off the roof or did more damage. Because I'm sure adult beverages were also somehow involved!

Barney
Oh, Man! A coworkers son got mad at him and punched holes in his bedroom walls. Twice.

He tore all the old drywall out, put up 1/2" plywood, sheet rocked over it, then dared the kid to do it again.

Now, the kids in the Marines.

Dave
Old 05-20-2014, 09:53 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Oh, Man! A coworkers son got mad at him and punched holes in his bedroom walls. Twice.

He tore all the old drywall out, put up 1/2" plywood, sheet rocked over it, then dared the kid to do it again.

Dave
They will find something to do with that anger!
Old 05-20-2014, 10:13 AM

Quote:

Dave
My oldest punched some holes in the wall on day. Seems I was mistreating the fifteen year old when stopping him from going to his GF's house. Her parents were not home yet.

He called the police (911) thought I'd change my mind. I didn't have to do anything the sheriff pretty much told him, he had better not come back!

That son went in the Navy and grew up and now is handling his two sons.

Barney
Old 05-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Admin

Quote:
.......than I do at work.

I'm off tonight and tomorrow, so I am trying to get all of my automotive junk done. New tires for the Challenger and a new timing chain, water pump, thermostat, serpentine belt, hoses, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor and coil for the Dakota. Just finished the Dakota an hour ago. (Being a mechanic with a garage full of tools is AWESOME! Saves me thousands.) Went for a spin and she's running like a prune juice fart. Smooth and fast, but not nearly as messy.

The tires will get done tomorrow, as I.............

........work on the roof. We had a heavy down pour on Saturday that revealed two roof leaks. One around the fart sucker in the bathroom and one in the listening room. I wish Bob was here to give me some pointers.

Dave
Check the roof flange. How old is the roof?
Old 05-20-2014, 10:57 AM

I am impressed you guys can do more than just talk shit.I was a wrenchhead at one time,got tired of being oily,now the proper way is the wite paper jumpsuit the elastic gloves and shoe covers,I have a neighbor that looks like he is going to do surgery when he changes his oil and works on the car.
I miss it but I pay some one else now,plus if something breaks it is on them.If I ever come across the pictures I will post them of my '64 Falcon with a high performance 289,i went with a sig erson 3/4 cam kit had the heads ported and polished ,and a edelbrock hirise with 2 greedy double pumpers comming out the hood.it was a beast.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:24 AM

My energy level is as low as my pile of "someday" projects is high.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Awesome Dave.

Too bad we'all didn't live closer, hanging out telling other people what they're doing wrong while drinking is a great pastime

Pete
Old 05-20-2014, 11:32 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
I am impressed you guys can do more than just talk shit.I was a wrenchhead at one time,got tired of being oily,now the proper way is the wite paper jumpsuit the elastic gloves and shoe covers,I have a neighbor that looks like he is going to do surgery when he changes his oil and works on the car.
I miss it but I pay some one else now,plus if something breaks it is on them.If I ever come across the pictures I will post them of my '64 Falcon with a high performance 289,i went with a sig erson 3/4 cam kit had the heads ported and polished ,and a edelbrock hirise with 2 greedy double pumpers comming out the hood.it was a beast.
I'd like to see that. I had a friend back in High School that had a '64 like that. He worked at Holman Moody at the time and was always changing things around on that car. He did a lot of weekend street racing. That car would pull the front wheels up in first gear at will.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:03 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Check the roof flange. How old is the roof?
The house was reroofed in 2006. So, eight years. I'm pretty sure the flange is at fault for the fart sucker. I'm thinking the other leak is in a valley where the (eight year old) addition attaches to the house. I'm pretty sure the a-hole contractor I hired to build the addition did a half assed job. He cut all sorts of corners, I fought him all the way to the bitter end, then ended up throwing him out and doing the sheetrock and finishing myself. But the roof was already "done" by then.

I'm headed up there now to have a look-see. There's a couple buckets of patch sealant in the garage. I'll let you know how it goes.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 05-20-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
Glorious, Cleon! I liked those small, early sixties Falcons! And with a beefed up small block, I'll bet that was high-tuned son of a bitch.

If I'm not filthy at the end of the day, I feel like I haven't earned my money. I guess it's just my upbringing? Pop was a mechanic, WW2 Navy veteran, steelworker, autoworker, old school union wrench monkey. The guy could fix anything and work circles around anyone.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 05-20-2014 at 12:15 PM.