Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-19-2023, 11:56 AM

The Biden Crime Family (a.k.a. "Biden is an honest guy"

From a CNN report aired yesterday (transcript here):

BROWN (PAMELA BROWN, CNN CHIEF INVESTIGATIVE CORRESPONDENT ): But while Joe Biden swears by his name in politics, his son and two brothers spent years trying to benefit from the Biden name. It's all now the focus of a Republican-led congressional investigation.

REP. JAMES COMER (R-KY): We want to know what the Biden administration is trying to hide from the American people and why they are not being transparent.

BROWN: Republican Congressman James Comer now chairs the House Oversight Committee and has set his sights on Joe Biden's son, Hunter. A mysterious laptop now in the hands of the FBI and long held conspiracy theories about President Joe Biden and what he does or doesn't know. J.

(Joe) BIDEN: I have never discussed with my son or my brother or anyone else anything having to do with their businesses, period.

BROWN: Despite his denials, a CNN review of the laptop data, as well as other public material, shows that Joe Biden did interact with some of his son's associates while serving as vice president, though it's unclear exactly what was discussed. One example, the Republicans cite Miguel Aleman Magnani, a Mexican businessman and son of the former president who Hunter was trying to woo. In 2014, Aleman Magnani and his dad were photographed at the White House with then-Vice President Biden. In a later email, Hunter Biden reminds Aleman Magnani of the favors he's done for him. (BROWN quoting from a Hunter Biden email) 'We've been talking about business deals and partnerships for seven years. I have brought every single person you have ever asked me to bring to the effing White House and the vice president's house and the inauguration'.

Hunter Biden bluntly acknowledged the power of the Biden name in a memoir writing that the Ukrainian energy company, Burisma, which put him on its board, considered my last name gold.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I don't think that there's a lot of things that wouldn't have happened if my last name wasn't Biden.

BROWN: Joe Biden's brothers have repeatedly referenced him in their private dealings. Frank Biden, a developer of for-profit charter schools, has invoked his brother in trying to convince local officials to approve his projects, like in Sunrise, Florida, where he told the city in 2015 to trust his venture.

FRANK BIDEN, PRESIDENT BIDEN'S BROTHER: Not because of Frank but because of the honor of being the brother of a guy I think we all know and love.

BROWN: In 2021, at a gathering of medical professionals, he made this pledge.

F. BIDEN: The bully pulpit that I have as a result of the privilege of being associated with my brother, Joey.

I'll do everything in my power to support you to get the job done, to get federal dollars to your research.

BROWN: Frank Biden told CNN there has been zero interaction between his brother's public office and his private business, adding do I engage in any way in quid pro quo on any level? Absolutely not.
__________________________________________________ _

"....buh...buh...but...uh..Biden is an honest guy."

Uh huh. Right.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:05 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Yawn. I thought you were a proponent of allowing all investigations and legal proceedings to be completed before opining on someone's guilt or innocence.

PS - If you're really concerned about politicians' families trading on their names, wait until you hear about the Trump family. It'll blow your mind.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-19-2023 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
From a CNN report aired yesterday (transcript here):

BROWN (PAMELA BROWN, CNN CHIEF INVESTIGATIVE CORRESPONDENT ): But while Joe Biden swears by his name in politics, his son and two brothers spent years trying to benefit from the Biden name. It's all now the focus of a Republican-led congressional investigation.

REP. JAMES COMER (R-KY): We want to know what the Biden administration is trying to hide from the American people and why they are not being transparent.

BROWN: Republican Congressman James Comer now chairs the House Oversight Committee and has set his sights on Joe Biden's son, Hunter. A mysterious laptop now in the hands of the FBI and long held conspiracy theories about President Joe Biden and what he does or doesn't know. J.

(Joe) BIDEN: I have never discussed with my son or my brother or anyone else anything having to do with their businesses, period.

BROWN: Despite his denials, a CNN review of the laptop data, as well as other public material, shows that Joe Biden did interact with some of his son's associates while serving as vice president, though it's unclear exactly what was discussed. One example, the Republicans cite Miguel Aleman Magnani, a Mexican businessman and son of the former president who Hunter was trying to woo. In 2014, Aleman Magnani and his dad were photographed at the White House with then-Vice President Biden. In a later email, Hunter Biden reminds Aleman Magnani of the favors he's done for him. (BROWN quoting from a Hunter Biden email) 'We've been talking about business deals and partnerships for seven years. I have brought every single person you have ever asked me to bring to the effing White House and the vice president's house and the inauguration'.

Hunter Biden bluntly acknowledged the power of the Biden name in a memoir writing that the Ukrainian energy company, Burisma, which put him on its board, considered my last name gold.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I don't think that there's a lot of things that wouldn't have happened if my last name wasn't Biden.

BROWN: Joe Biden's brothers have repeatedly referenced him in their private dealings. Frank Biden, a developer of for-profit charter schools, has invoked his brother in trying to convince local officials to approve his projects, like in Sunrise, Florida, where he told the city in 2015 to trust his venture.

FRANK BIDEN, PRESIDENT BIDEN'S BROTHER: Not because of Frank but because of the honor of being the brother of a guy I think we all know and love.

BROWN: In 2021, at a gathering of medical professionals, he made this pledge.

F. BIDEN: The bully pulpit that I have as a result of the privilege of being associated with my brother, Joey.

I'll do everything in my power to support you to get the job done, to get federal dollars to your research.

BROWN: Frank Biden told CNN there has been zero interaction between his brother's public office and his private business, adding do I engage in any way in quid pro quo on any level? Absolutely not.
__________________________________________________ _

"....buh...buh...but...uh..Biden is an honest guy."

Uh huh. Right.
In detail could you point out in any of that where Joe Biden was being clearly dishonest. All I see is a lot of innuendo. I find it telling that the Republicans were never this interested in any of the tRump kids or his business dealings. They've made a family thing of benefitting off of the tRump name.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yawn. I thought you were a proponent of allowing all investigations and legal proceedings to be completed before opining on someone's guilt or innocence
Except if their last name is Biden.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:16 PM

ROFL. You really are quite a pathetic little man, Whell.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
ROFL. You really are quite a pathetic little man, Whell.
He's a brave and heroic man, defending his positions, right or wrong (often wrong) against all comers no matter what. Defender of truth, justice and the Republican way!

I expect him to "go dark" any time now.

Last edited by RickeyM; 01-19-2023 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Kara Scannell @KaraScannell

DC attorney general's office has requested an interview with Donald Trump Jr as part of its investigation into misuse of inaugural funds, according to a spokesperson for the office.

Earlier this week the AG made new allegations in court filings alleging the PIC paid off a Trump Org debt of nearly $50,000 for hotel rooms at the Loews. The rooms were reserved by a personal assistant to Don Jr and the contract was executed by his close friend, the docs said.

11:52 AM · Jan 14, 2021·Twitter Web App
Quote:
Capital Journal @WSJPolitics

The Manhattan district attorney’s office is investigating President[*] Trump’s Westchester, N.Y., Seven Springs estate as part of its criminal probe.

WSJ News Exclusive | Manhattan Prosecutors Seek Records About Trump’s Seven Springs Estate

The district attorney’s office is investigating President Trump’s Westchester, N.Y., estate, expanding a criminal probe set to follow the president after he leaves office.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/manhatt...3018?mod=e2twp

12:48 PM · Jan 15, 2021·SocialFlow
Quote:
Prosecutors conducted an 'hours-long' interview with Michael Cohen about Trump's finances as the end of the president's legal immunity draws near

https://www.insider.com/prosecutors-...ealings-2021-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
'Trump Tax Law Firm Ends Work for Ex-President
Morgan Lewis has battled New York attorney general’s office over its probe of Trump Organization' WSJ

"The law firm that handled the tax affairs of Donald Trump and his company during his presidency said it would stop representing him and his business.

The firm, Morgan Lewis & Bockius, is currently wrangling with the New York attorney general’s office over documents related to its work for the former president’s business, the Trump Organization. Led by Democratic Attorney General Letitia James, the office is conducting a civil-fraud probe into Mr. Trump’s financial dealings.

“We have had a limited representation of the Trump Organization and Donald Trump in tax-related matters,” a Morgan Lewis spokeswoman said. “For those matters not already concluded, we are transitioning as appropriate to other counsel.”

The spokeswoman didn’t provide a reason for the firm’s decision."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-t...nt-11611252382

Best of luck deadbeat.
Quote:
Trump faces an onslaught of legal problems, as investigations and dozens of lawsuits trail him from Washington to Florida

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...49a_story.html

Just get this piece of human garbage behind bars! His entire crime family with him!
Quote:
In Sworn Testimony in Inauguration Scandal Case, Donald Trump Jr. Made Apparently False Statements

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...se-statements/

Wut!? A Trump family member lied? Surely not!
Quote:
Judge Rules Jared Kushner’s Apartment Company Repeatedly Broke Consumer Laws With ‘Widespread and Numerous’ Violations

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...us-violations/

Can’t be a member of the Trump crime family unless you’re a criminal…
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
NYC prosecutors convene Grand Jury to decide on potential Trump criminal charges.
Pass the popcorn.
Meanwhile Georgia may be lining up to get a piece of Donny.
Better super size that popcorn.
Quote:
Inside Letitia James’ damning Trump report
New York’s attorney general said her office had uncovered ‘significant evidence’ of fraud

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1996379.html

I'd hate to be one of Donny's lawyers right now. They KNOW they won't get paid for services when they lose this case BIGLY, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
January 6 committee member says Trump 'absolutely' tampering with witnesses as he continues to dangle pardons
https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0e2ke...99&pd=07Awuxuy
Quote:
Former FBI official likens Matt Gaetz, Roger Stone, and Trump to the Mafia: 'It's a criminal organization'

https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-...fia-2022-8?amp

Stating the obvious…
Never mind all that, tell us about this "Biden crime family" you speak of.
Old 01-19-2023, 03:04 PM
Admin

Some far off day you're going to wake up from your Fox induced derangement, wondering why you can't get the taste of horse shit out of your mouth, my gullible friend.

You really are grasping at straws with this thread, Michael.

Thanks for the chuckles.
Old 01-19-2023, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Some far off day you're going to wake up from your Fox induced derangement, wondering why you can't get the taste of horse shit out of your mouth, my gullible friend.

You really are grasping at straws with this thread, Michael.

Thanks for the chuckles.
My "Fox-induced derangement"? The transcript above is a story that ran on CNN, genius! LOL!
Old 01-19-2023, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
In detail could you point out in any of that where Joe Biden was being clearly dishonest. All I see is a lot of innuendo. I find it telling that the Republicans were never this interested in any of the tRump kids or his business dealings. They've made a family thing of benefitting off of the tRump name.
Yeah, I'm not surprised something like that went right over your head.