Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:30 PM

Then you obviously have not read Wilson's testimony, where he went into great detail about how Brown had total control over his Sig, controlling its elevation and forcing it down into his leg/hip, and trying to wrest it from him. Brown also fouled

You might want to start reading on page 245, about line 21, or a wee bit earlier.
Here ya go.. http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...testimony.html

Don't blame me, I'm only the messenger. There are a number of lawyers who disagree with your stance, and there are very valid reasons the United States legal system is established as an adversarial process, with multiple courts, pleas, reviews, and jurisdictions. This grand jury did not have the adversarial process component that is a critical element of the initial process.

The asst. DA, unlike me, is quite smart and has multiple advanced degrees. She suggested you temper your more robust comments as she would chew you up in court for dessert after she finished with the St. Louis DA office for the main course. Then she would burp.

This is far from a done deal.

And by the way, what are the results on the fingerprint analysis?
Old 11-29-2014, 08:12 PM

As the good professor noted, and I quote,

"Based on my initial read, so far as I can see there are no significant inconsistencies between the physical evidence[I reviewed] and Wilson’s grand jury testimony."

The physical evidence he reviewed was bullet wounds, shell casing locations, Brown's thumb flesh in Wilson's Tahoe, the proximity of Brown's thumb to the gun, and bullet entry angles.

These all seem like simple consistencies, but a couple of them can start adding up to case breakers.

For example, take Brown's thumb wound. Was the entrance and exit consistent with where Brown's hand would be, fighting for the gun and in line with where the bullet passed through the door? Or would it be consistent with Brown's friend who testified that Wilson was pulling on Brown, trying to keep him from fleeing?
A hand reaching for the weapon or struggling forward would be in exactly the opposite position as a hand being pulled out of the vehicle. The blood spray pattern would also corroborate positions, but Wilson made sure that evidence disappeared down the sink at the station.

Second, was the bullet trajectory and injury angle consistent with a 6'3' police officer holding a Sig at upper chest level, and one/two arm shooting a 6'4" assailant moving toward him at a slight incline. There were downward angles noted in the pathology report, but were they consistent with the additive angles of the street and firing position, or a steeper angle indicating Brown was dropping to his knees at a time earlier than Wilson stated.

Third, why did Wilson perjure himself and not testify about the second "interview" he had with his superior, the day after the shooting and after all the physical evidence was at least partly developed, and all the field evidence completely documented?
Old 11-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
As the good professor noted, and I quote,

"Based on my initial read, so far as I can see there are no significant inconsistencies between the physical evidence[I reviewed] and Wilson’s grand jury testimony."

The physical evidence he reviewed was bullet wounds, shell casing locations, Brown's thumb flesh in Wilson's Tahoe, the proximity of Brown's thumb to the gun, and bullet entry angles.

These all seem like simple consistencies, but a couple of them can start adding up to case breakers...
Navel-gazing.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:29 PM

Your navel gazing is someone else's freedom, or in this case, a possible conviction. Good thing you are not a lawyer, and other people are.

By the way, how is the fingerprint analysis going?
Old 11-29-2014, 08:59 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Convening a grand jury is neither an abuse of power nor prosecutorial misconduct. And you, sir, are an idiot.
WTF. I expect this sort of thing from DJ....
Old 11-29-2014, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
WTF. I expect this sort of thing from DJ....
Thanks for the complement. I'm sure F-Bow won't appreciate this, but I couldn't agree more with him on this subject. You're just embarrassed @ this point.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:07 PM

So DJ, maybe you can tell us how the fingerprint analysis is going...
Old 11-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
So DJ, maybe you can tell us how the fingerprint analysis is going...
LOL...do you have Shelties?
Old 11-29-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Your navel gazing is someone else's freedom, or in this case, a possible conviction. Good thing you are not a lawyer, and other people are.

By the way, how is the fingerprint analysis going?
If I may. There is none. I recall reading that Wilson did not follow SOP and brought his gun back to the station and then bagged and checked it in as evidence. In actuality, neither Wilson nor the PD was expecting this to go any further. Now a story is being fabricated to fit the physical evidence on hand, IMO.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:10 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
If I may. There is none. I recall reading that Wilson did not follow SOP and brought his gun back to the station and then bagged and checked it in as evidence. In actuality, neither Wilson nor the PD was expecting this to go any further. Now a story is being fabricated to fit the physical evidence on hand, IMO.
By definition, the truth has to comport with the physical evidence. The police didn't strategically drill holes in Brown's body to simulate bullet holes, nor put soot in the wound in his right hand to simulate a close-contact wound. If the story was fabricated, that indicates a grand conspiracy. Such grand conspiracies are nearly impossible to pull off and keep secret. Wilson would have had to start planning it well before he encountered Brown on the street.