Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:43 AM

I wonder if they will actually go through with it. In a general election the Labour candidate could run on a mandate of not actually invoking Article 50 and win. And if I was Cameron i would do the same thing when they meet to choose their new leader or try to block Boris Johnson with a pro-Europe Conservative leader who could run on the same platform of not going through with the deal.

Implementing this deal is like driving your car off a cliff on purpose.

Last edited by icenine; 06-25-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Sorry pottsy but I have not had a decent sausage since I got here. Bob Evans' patties are not bad in an egg mcmuffin, make that for breakfast quite often, but regular link sausage pah.
This country is fucked. Can't even make a good sausage.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:50 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I wonder if they will actually go through with it. In a general election the Labour candidate could run on a mandate of not actually invoking Article 50 and win. And if I was Cameron i would do the same thing when they meet to choose their new leader or try to block Boris with a pro-Europe Conservative leader who could run on the same platform of not going through with the deal.

Implementing this deal is like driving your car off a cliff on purpose.
The labour leader apparently is in enough trouble with his own party, so who knows who will be leading either party come election time.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
A significant section of the British population was not intimidated by the threats since they observe the EU preparing for more expansions.

They had already experienced the negative effects of the 2004 expansion and wanted no more of such.
Farage for President

And Le Pen could be veep.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:52 AM
Resident octogenarian

One thing I miss about Quebec La Belle fermiere link sausage. Well I also miss the ladies,there is a certain je ne sais quois about Latin women.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Sorry pottsy but I have not had a decent sausage since I got here. Bob Evans' patties are not bad in an egg mcmuffin, make that for breakfast quite often, but regular link sausage pah.
OMG...don't judge by aBob Evens product, they are pretty crappy as far as US restaurant chains go. I use Tennessee pride breakfast sausage or Eckrich sausage. Both are pretty good.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
The labour leader apparently is in enough trouble with his own party, so who knows who will be leading either party come election time.
This is an internecine battle for control of the party. The Blairite wing of Labour, roughly equivalent to our Clinton Third Way corporatist Democrats, are trying to get rid of the left winger, Jeremy Corbyn.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:23 AM

You have to find a good butcher who makes his own sausage on the premises. When I lived in Maryland, I used to go to a German butcher in Bel Air, a smell city north of Baltimore. He made excellent German wurst. It was excellent, particularly his Bauernwurst.

Joseph "Peppi" Simmeth was a German POW from Passau. He served on the Eastern Front in WWII and spent 6 years in a Soviet prison camp and was resettled here after his release.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:35 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
You have to find a good butcher who makes his own sausage on the premises. When I lived in Maryland, I used to go to a German butcher in Bel Air, a smell city north of Baltimore. He made excellent German wurst. It was excellent, particularly his Bauernwurst.

Joseph "Peppi" Simmeth was a German POW from Passau. He served on the Eastern Front in WWII and spent 6 years in a Soviet prison camp and was resettled here after his release.
John you just gave me an idea, over in Highland along Route 108 where I go for birdseed and cat food there ia a German butcher right on the corner of Highland Ave and 108 and I have heard his meat is excellent. And I do like German sausage had lots of it with beer whenever I was in Nurnburg or Munchen.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:40 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post

Mueller's in Parkville (my wife's hometown) also has some excellent sausage. Their bratwurst are as good as any I've had in Germany, with the possible exception of the Thuringer Bratwurst we used to buy in the Rhön Mountains outside of Fulda or the freshly made Nürnberger Bratwurst at the Historische Wurstkuchl on the Danube in Regensburg (both of which are regional specialities, not widely available throughout Germany).