Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > History
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Area Man

Major General Smedley Butler................

...and the fight to save America from Corporate Fascism;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMEI8bnbw1o

A battle I fear we have lost, or at least, are darn close to it.

Dave
Old 05-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Resident octogenarian

As long as the righties here are in denial you might just as well start looking for a country that really does have a free people.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Area Man

Well, they still have their guns....so they're "free" right? I wonder if it has ever occured to them that a modern tyrannical government bought out by powerful corporate interests would use economic means to take their freedom? Take it, and convince them it's for their own good, that is. "Keep your head down and your mouth shut. We'd hate to see you lose your job.........."

You're a smart guy, Rob. I'm sure you've realized that bringing a Glock to a fight being waged with jobs and money is kind of futile, right?

Like we were told as kids; There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 05-08-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Resident octogenarian

You would think that anyone wih an IQ greater that their age would realize that our biggest threat these days is the Chamber of Commerce and the Roberts Court.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Well, they still have their guns....so they're "free" right? I wonder if it has ever occured to them that a modern tyrannical government bought out by powerful corporate interests would use economic means to take their freedom? Take it, and convince them it's for their own good, that is. "Keep your head down and your mouth shut. We'd hate to see you lose your job.........."

You're a smart guy, Rob. I'm sure you've realized that bringing a Glock to a fight being waged with jobs and money is kind of futile, right?

Like we were told as kids; There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Dave
In America we practice economic genocide.

Actually, this is a practice which has been refined since the creation of humans.

You can't control people who have nothing. But if you can get them to work their whole lives for a couple of crumbs from the pie, you now have something that you can take away if they become "uppity".

That said, I doubt that I'm shedding any light to anyone here.

Chas
Old 06-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Admin

You're sounding like a lefty radical, Charles. No offense intended.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Actually, this is a practice which has been refined since the creation of humans.

You can't control people who have nothing. But if you can get them to work their whole lives for a couple of crumbs from the pie, you now have something that you can take away if they become "uppity".

Chas
boy you are a ray of sunshine.....

being able to buy a Ford and house on credit is the best thing that is ever happened to this nation, outside of the end of slavery, the bill of rights, and defeating Hitler and Tojo.
We might get the crumbs, but making them big enough for everyone is a laudable goal.....
Old 06-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
You would think that anyone wih an IQ greater that their age would realize that our biggest threat these days is the Chamber of Commerce and the Roberts Court.
Yep. You would think. But, no.

According to the latest from the Wingnut Whackjob Network, Obama is using tornadoes to "...bring America down.".......

Hoo, BOY!

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 06-02-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Chas
Ummmm..........actually Charles, your shedding light on people who have been standing in the light for decades.

The first time I heard, "Just shut up and do your f**kin' job or you'll end up unemployed!" I figured the game out. I think I was like, 17 or so.

Dave
Old 06-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Ummmm..........actually Charles, your shedding light on people who have been standing in the light for decades.

The first time I heard, "Just shut up and do your f**kin' job or you'll end up unemployed!" I figured the game out. I think I was like, 17 or so.

Dave
Yup, same here at 16 at the local AMOCO gas station on Piney Branch road in Takoma Park, Md.. I lasted six weeks. A miracle some might say.

Last edited by bobabode; 06-02-2013 at 10:02 PM.