Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-23-2022, 11:34 AM

What would it take...?

What would it take to bring the democrats and republicans to a place where they can actually work together to get things done for a change.

I don't expect both parties to align their policies, but, I do expect they should be able to work out the differences, compromise, and come to some agreements.

I'm tired of our broken politics.

We used to be able to unite over a crisis such as 9/11 but, that isn't even true anymore.

Ok....done with my complaining.
Old 02-23-2022, 11:57 AM
Ready

Good question. Probably what's wanted is good times where everyone feels pretty happy about things, and the attractions of extremists and their extreme grievances wane. Quashing extremist-amplifying social media would be great....

So, the stage well be well-set if we can reform the economy to the benefit or workers, end division and hate at home and war abroad, and get climate change under control.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:49 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
What would it take to bring the democrats and republicans to a place where they can actually work together to get things done for a change.

I don't expect both parties to align their policies, but, I do expect they should be able to work out the differences, compromise, and come to some agreements.

I'm tired of our broken politics.

We used to be able to unite over a crisis such as 9/11 but, that isn't even true anymore.

Ok....done with my complaining.
We each need to realize and understand that "I am better than none and equal to all."
Old 02-23-2022, 04:17 PM

Right now it is working rather well keeping everyone upset at each other. Allows those who are using this in keeping control. Able to use this mistrust and even hate to distract from their real enemy. Make them upset about masks...CRT...there are so so many. Then the big issues will be overlooked.
Old 02-24-2022, 10:29 AM

As long as there is Citizens United (and its impossible to repeal it), special interest groups will always find a way to sabotage common sense laws. Even people's voting rights have been hijacked already along with a woman's right to abortion. Next on the agenda is education.

Politicians from both parties are not going to give up on easy money with no accountability, so Citizens United ruling will stand till there is a revolution or civil war.
Old 02-24-2022, 11:56 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
As long as there is Citizens United (and its impossible to repeal it), special interest groups will always find a way to sabotage common sense laws. Even people's voting rights have been hijacked already along with a woman's right to abortion. Next on the agenda is education.

Politicians from both parties are not going to give up on easy money with no accountability, so Citizens United ruling will stand till there is a revolution or civil war.
I'm afraid that point is probably well-taken.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:26 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post

One party sharing the goods with both branches pretty equally by keeping their constuancies worked-up over moral issues. For a civil war to work the Constitution must stand and the moral split must be smoothed through legislation or amendment. If not, both sides will keep screaming we are right at each other and revolutions never work out as planned.

Last edited by nailer; 02-24-2022 at 02:56 PM.