Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:50 PM
Admin

'For The People'

HR1 filed this morning by the Hon. Mr. Sarbanes of Maryland.

'In a major step toward fixing our broken system of elections, House Democratic lawmakers introduced a comprehensive democracy reform bill on the first day of the 116th Congress.
The bill, which is known as H.R. 1, or the For The People Act, and was sponsored by Rep. John Sarbanes (D-Md.), would create a more responsive and representative government by making it easier for voters to cast a ballot and harder for lawmakers to gerrymander, by transforming how campaigns are funded to amplify the voices of ordinary Americans, and by bolstering election security and government ethics.'
Read the full text of the bill here: https://www.brennancenter.org/legisl...eople-act-2019

I expect the 'loyal opposition' will set their hair on fire in response to this simple and straightforward proposal.
Old 01-05-2019, 05:24 AM

First of many bill to be put forth by the House only to end up going nowhere in the Senate.
Mitch and his Senate minions are so if not afraid of, then in bed with the holder of the White House. Until it become apparent to the Republicans there is a new sheriff of the people in town nothing gonna change.
As history has shown time and time before, reactive not proactive they be.