Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-26-2022, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Blah...blah. Do you vote republican? Your party is corrupted. You're a Trumper. You say you don't vote republican...I don't believe it for a nanosecond.

The only country I referenced for comparison was the UK. It's a first world country. Pay attention.

Populists are worse people. Right-wing populist the worst of all.
What do mean, vote ? In presidential elections in Kansas? It's automatic Republican.

Vote for the local sheriff ? Again, automatic Republican, and it's a hereditary position. The under Sheriff is the Sheriff's son. He lives three doors down from me.

I'm registered unaffiliated.

I thought Chicks was the most arrogant bloke I've ever corresponded with; you take the cake.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
It can be logically argued that the origional intent of the second amendment was defense and preservation of slavery and white supremacy, as a sop to get Southern states to sign onto a unified constitutional Republic. The militias performed well as slave catchers and local slave uprisings but proved useless for national defense post-revolution. Given that we have standing and reserve armed forces with standardized combat weaponry, it's presently a right without a purpose that kills it's citizens thru unaccountable incompetence.
Well said, Steve.

If only we had a like button.

A 'Free State' was freedom from Federal influence. Not emancipation of Black folks.

Last edited by BigElCat; 05-26-2022 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-26-2022, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I also think it is time to place liability, with a cost for owning weapons. In the form of requiring the carrying of insurance for future damages.

Requiring all transactions sale transfer of any kind, have a background check, also to be recorded.

Licenses for ownership with certifying of abilities.
Let's get Universal health care first, like the beloved UK.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:20 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I can add that, imo, basically Jan 6 was a white supremacy protest to an election their repugnant standard bearer lost, expect a repeat of it to be armed and ready to shoot. I expect plans for meeting such an occurance with an overwhelming response are already being made after being ambushed unprepared.
Hope that next time, the seditionists don't have allies in crucial positions in the Pentagon.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:13 AM
Ready

The suggestion is that armed teachers are needed.

In the Dayton bar district shooting in 2019, in which 9 persons were killed, an officer was nearby and responded instantly, shooting the gunman dead 30 seconds after he opened fire. Alas, from a CNN story: "The Ohio gunman who ripped apart nine families in almost an instant managed to fire 41 shots in less than 30 seconds, police said Monday."

In other words, a trained good guy with a gun, responding about as rapidly as can be imagined, could not prevent mayhem. So more people with guns is likely not the solution. Other solutions, like not letting machines that can fire 41 rounds in 30 seconds be readily available, might be needed.

And I can't help thinking less shrieking propaganda that says we face existential threats from THEM might help. And a media diet less soaked in extreme violence? And maybe even some public mental health strategy to try to find and help vulnerable, bullied loners?
Old 05-27-2022, 06:16 AM

Adding weapons to the problem will not fix this. By the time a shooter arrives, is active. It is to late.

Arming teacher, then next play grounds, stores, parking lots, even in your own living rooms shot by a passing car. If adding weapons were the answer, we would already be the safest country on the planet. Instead we are right next to Somalia in guns per person, at the top....

The problem is and will continue to be the easy access to high power high capacity cheap effective killing of human tools.

What does this say about the country? We are controlled by an industry that knows how to talk to the selfish. Convincing them that their love of the gun is all powerful. More powerful then the love for family. Hug the cold cold gun over a warm loved one....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R.839557019b163efaf8a866073606eb15.jpg (44.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Oerets; 05-27-2022 at 06:19 AM.
Old 05-27-2022, 07:34 AM

Rapid fire high capacity tactical offense weaponry as a commodity for everyman, what could possibly go wrong?

Maker of rifle used by Texas gunman draws fury for ‘incendiary’ ads
Georgia-based firearm maker Daniel Defense is facing heavy scrutiny in the wake of Tuesday’s mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Texas.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...-ads-rcna30631

Last edited by Pio1980; 05-27-2022 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-27-2022, 07:59 AM

A question about guns, and sorry if it sounds dumb, but I really don't know....

Watching the news yesterday, one of the commenters referenced another shooting (I think it was the Las Vegas one) where the shooter shot "100 rounds in ten seconds".

"Rounds"... does that mean bullets? He shot 100 bullets in ten seconds? Is that even possible for a gun to do?

Thanks in advance for helping me understand.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:06 AM

"Rounds" = bullets=cartridges.
Technically, "bullets" are the projectile portions.

Last edited by Pio1980; 05-27-2022 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
What do mean, vote ? In presidential elections in Kansas? It's automatic Republican.

Vote for the local sheriff ? Again, automatic Republican, and it's a hereditary position. The under Sheriff is the Sheriff's son. He lives three doors down from me.

I'm registered unaffiliated.

I thought Chicks was the most arrogant bloke I've ever corresponded with; you take the cake.
"Registered unaffilated" is a chickenshit answer.

Who fucking cares how you're registered? You voted for Trump. It makes you a seditionist Trumper. He got your vote, nobody gives a shit about what you say you think of him.

I thought Not Insane was the most spineless nitwit on this forum...you have proven me wrong.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 05-27-2022 at 08:11 AM.