Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:56 PM

The Bellweather State

Read it and weep, Donks.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38549265/ns/politics/

Just because we went for McQueeg/Playin in the last election only shows we're ahead of the curve.

The Republicans are also passing out free razor blades to the local Donks...so ya'll will be prepared for November!!!

Ya'll been askin', hell beggin', fer this!!!

Chas
Old 08-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Read it and weep, Donks.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38549265/ns/politics/

Just because we went for McQueeg/Playin in the last election only shows we're ahead of the curve.

The Republicans are also passing out free razor blades to the local Donks...so ya'll will be prepared for November!!!

Ya'll been askin', hell beggin', fer this!!!

Chas
Brilliant strategy for the GOP to introduce this unenforceable grandstanding in the primaries. Turnout is traditionally low, so the most reactive are going to be the ones voting.

I will also acknowledge this. The right has done a much better job of negative publicity about the Obama/Democratic legislation than the Administration has about its accomplishments. Of course the Dems don't have a network dedicated to their propaganda either.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 08-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Area Man

What still gets me is the fact that the "mandate" (Romney) along with the taxing of "Cadillac Plans" (McCain) and even the "Public Option" (Innes) are ALL Republican ideas.

But, if you ask the average wingnut where these ideas came from?

Obama.

Amazing isn't it?

Dave
Old 08-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
What still gets me is the fact that the "mandate" (Romney) along with the taxing of "Cadillac Plans" (McCain) and even the "Public Option" (Innes) are ALL Republican ideas.

But, if you ask the average wingnut where these ideas came from?

Obama.

Amazing isn't it?

Dave
But Romney, McCain and Innes are all white, what did you expect?
Old 08-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Area Man

I think it's because the GOP knows some of these things need to be done, but are too cowardly to make it happen. So they leave it up to the Dems. That way when the backlash comes...................

Dave
Old 08-04-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Brilliant strategy for the GOP to introduce this unenforceable grandstanding in the primaries. Turnout is traditionally low, so the most reactive are going to be the ones voting.

I will also acknowledge this. The right has done a much better job of negative publicity about the Obama/Democratic legislation than the Administration has about its accomplishments. Of course the Dems don't have a network dedicated to their propaganda either.

Regards,

D-Ray
I always thought the more politically astute turned out for the primaries and off year elections.

The reactives are the ones who only show for the generals.

I will agree that the Dems don't have "a" dedicated network, they have them all save one.

Of course, the Repubs didn't just spend 700 grand of the taxpayers money on Andy of Mayberry commercials pushing the health care pkg.

But I guess my last statement isn't quite true as the taxpayers haven't had 700 grand for a loooooong time.

China picked up the tab and our politicians gave them another IOU on our account.

Spending money we ain't got trying to sell us something we don't want.

Chas
Old 08-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I always thought the more politically astute turned out for the primaries and off year elections.

The reactives are the ones who only show for the generals.

I will agree that the Dems don't have "a" dedicated network, they have them all save one.

Of course, the Repubs didn't just spend 700 grand of the taxpayers money on Andy of Mayberry commercials pushing the health care pkg.

But I guess my last statement isn't quite true as the taxpayers haven't had 700 grand for a loooooong time.

China picked up the tab and our politicians gave them another IOU on our account.

Spending money we ain't got trying to sell us something we don't want.

Chas
Chas, you done bought the Koolaid if you think the Dems run the networks. The corporations run the networks, and they are not going to be cheerleaders for what is not in the corporate interest. They might report negative news about business, but they are not going to hitch their wagon to a party that is less friendly to business than the GOP. I'm sure that most of the networks quote the Wall Street Journal as a reputable source. Most likely, the corporate bosses at the networks aren't quite comfortable with the populist brand of the radical right sold by the tea party, in that it might actually put some corporate interests at risk. Nevertheless, they're not dedicated water carriers for a Democratic agenda.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 08-04-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Chas, you done bought the Koolaid if you think the Dems run the networks. The corporations run the networks, and they are not going to be cheerleaders for what is not in the corporate interest. They might report negative news about business, but they are not going to hitch their wagon to a party that is less friendly to business than the GOP. I'm sure that most of the networks quote the Wall Street Journal as a reputable source. Most likely, the corporate bosses at the networks aren't quite comfortable with the populist brand of the radical right sold by the tea party, in that it might actually put some corporate interests at risk. Nevertheless, they're not dedicated water carriers for a Democratic agenda.

Regards,

D-Ray
Done bought the koolaid, huh? If you say so.

Actually, I thought I was viewing the world through the prism of a green bottle!!!

Chas
Old 08-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Resident octogenarian

The myth of the "liberal media" is just that, about on the par with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Take the WashPost, except for their token liberal E.J. Dionne all the others on the OpEd page are the likes of George Will, Charles Krauthammer, and Mikey Gearson.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
But Romney, McCain and Innes are all white, what did you expect?
Yes, but Romneys a Mormon

Pete

PS Condi is still in the wings.....