Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The memorial was on a college campus and a lot of young people attended. Obama seemed to rekindle their hope that he could deliver us from the nastiness of the (recent) past. Is rekindling hope in America's youth a bad thing, particularly after such a tragic event? Methinks not.

I think it's tough for some to come to terms with the fact that many still like him despite their own issues with him.
I dont think that it is fair that you are pretending that Obama, or/and the people helping him to write his speech, werent thinking, even slightly, about appealing to voters at the time of writing the speech.

I also dont think that its fair that those on the right continue to say that any politician would be capable of avoiding such a thing. If they say this about Obama then they must also say it about Bush during 9/11 for example.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother_Karl View Post
I dont think that it is fair that you are pretending that Obama, or/and the people helping him to write his speech, werent thinking, even slightly, about appealing to voters at the time of writing the speech.

I also dont think that its fair that those on the right continue to say that any politician would be capable of avoiding such a thing. If they say this about Obama then they must also say it about Bush during 9/11 for example.
Of course it was a political speech. I didn't infer otherwise. Everything the President does (any President) is political, including where he goes on vacation and what wine he drinks with his meals.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The memorial was on a college campus and a lot of young people attended. Obama seemed to rekindle their hope that he could deliver us from the nastiness of the (recent) past. Is rekindling hope in America's youth a bad thing, particularly after such a tragic event? Methinks not.

I think it's tough for some to come to terms with the fact that many still like him despite their own issues with him.
Those youngsters need to get back to concentrating on drinking beer, smoking dope and f0(%1h9. There will be plenty of time later to get serious and get to work paying off the debt he is racking up on their behalf.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossbacked View Post
Those youngsters need to get back to concentrating on drinking beer, smoking dope and f0(%1h9. There will be plenty of time later to get serious and get to work paying off the debt he is racking up on their behalf.
No, they need to pay attention and remain active. Then maybe we can avoid the demented Corporatist psuedo-Theocracy nightmare your party is planning?

Dave
Old 01-13-2011, 04:55 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by doucanoe View Post
Not even a week after a horrible incident in Arizona, we get a nationally televised pep rally posing as a memorial.
Sorry dude, the black man is your President, get used to it.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Sorry dude, the black man is your President, get used to it.

Wow... I'm not even sure how to respond to that.

I can see that not much has changed since my last swing through here. I know you are not, but you should be truly ashamed of your comment.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by doucanoe View Post
Wow... I'm not even sure how to respond to that.

I can see that not much has changed since my last swing through here. I know you are not, but you should be truly ashamed of your comment.
Why? It's just a statement of his opinion, and Ed is a little "passionate" about recent events. Don't be so thin skinned, and you'll be alright.

Dave
Old 01-13-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Why? It's just a statement of his opinion, and Ed is a little "passionate" about recent events. Don't be so thin skinned, and you'll be alright.

Dave
I think I'm starting to understand this whole "civility" think a bit better now. If someone on the left suggests you're a racist, you're supposed to be "thick skinned". If someone on the right talks metaphorically about "political targets", you accuse them of inciting murder and squawk about it for a week.

I start slow, but eventually I catch on.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I think I'm starting to understand this whole "civility" think a bit better now. If someone on the left suggests you're a racist, you're supposed to be "thick skinned". If someone on the right talks metaphorically about "political targets", you accuse them of inciting murder and squawk about it for a week.

Are you quite sure you have accurately characterized the position people here have taken about the right's use of violent rhetoric? If you look objectively at the arguments that have been made, would you think they should be characterized that way if you had been the one arguing against the violent rhetoric. I know that I have been accused of misstating your position from time to time, so I just wondered if you might have seen some exaggeration of the opinions with which you now disagree.

Frankly, I missed the accusation of racism, so I can't comment on that.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 01-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

CHA-CHING!...Most real post ever. Very well done sir.

Last edited by djv8ga; 01-14-2011 at 04:18 PM.