Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Why can some people have swimming pools that lose substantial amounts of water through evaporation, but I can't enjoy an invigorating shower?
Not to mention all the chemicals that evaporate with it. Don't forget, we get to pay to drain and refill the pools every 3-5 years also
Old 09-28-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
You obviously like a large intrusive government. Is there any area where you would not like federal involvement? Where would you draw the line? Is there really a compelling need for regulations on shower heads sufficient to warrant the expense and usurpation of free market choices? The issue is silly and ought be a poster for out of control government. Why can some people have swimming pools that lose substantial amounts of water through evaporation, but I can't enjoy an invigorating shower? Where do you stop? Do you put timers on showers? Hell, that ought be a real female gender political winner.
I'm guessing there is a standards body in place that already regulates things like making sure the shower head doesn't leak toxins onto you when you shower, or cut you when you move it. Not a huge step to ensure that it doesn't unnecessarily waste water also.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Banned

No...freaking stupid and corrupt. They can take campaign money from one manufacturer and put the other one out of business with this kind of crap.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:11 PM
Area Man

First they have to get the cheap bastards that own our community well (privately owned) to upgrade the pumps, so we'll have some excessive pressure to curtail. If they're successful in that regard, then maybe they can force them do something about the quality of it. (It's often brown and stinks like low tide.)

Dave
Old 09-28-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
I'm guessing there is a standards body in place that already regulates things like making sure the shower head doesn't leak toxins onto you when you shower, or cut you when you move it. Not a huge step to ensure that it doesn't unnecessarily waste water also.
After awhile, even the goobermitt needs to admit that the average schmuck has enough sense to wipe his own ass without their guidelines and supervision.

Go after the big fish and let me be.

Chas
Old 09-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Area Man

I can't even wash my car with the nasty shit. It's absolutely loaded with lime. Spots up and will not come off.

Dave
Old 09-28-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
First they have to get the cheap bastards that own our community well (privately owned) to upgrade the pumps, so we'll have some excessive pressure to curtail. If they're successful in that regard, then maybe they can force them do something about the quality of it. (It's often brown and stinks like low tide.)

Dave
I drink my water out of the tap, even had a special line run which wasn't filtered or run through the water softener.

Us Bugtussell folks are fortunate that we have sweet water.

I've been a lot of places where I couldn't drink the water.

Chas
Old 09-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I can't even wash my car with the nasty shit. It's absolutely loaded with lime. Spots up and will not come off.

Dave
You should see ours. You can wet sand that paint job without wet or dry sandpaper.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I drink my water out of the tap, even had a special line run which wasn't filtered or run through the water softener.

Us Bugtussell folks are fortunate that we have sweet water.

I've been a lot of places where I couldn't drink the water.

Chas
It's pretty bad here but head down towards where Vega calls home and you can't even boil noodles in it with out gettin' the shits. I remember back in '99 when I was going to school in Tempe and was pissed that I had to buy water not only to drink but to cook with. First time I'd ever had to do that in my life.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:03 PM

Good clean water will be a much needed commodity if not in your part of the country now it soon will be. Water treatment plants across the country are in dire need of overhaul, modernization or expansion.

What ever laws are passed by the Federal Government must be for all fifty states IIRC. Just like when the law was changed for flush toilets a few years back.

Barney