Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Yeah but could you not just imagine them all piling out of this car outside the senate ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg world-cheapest-car.jpg (104.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Resident octogenarian

watching a couple of economists on the news last evening. Short version; The job market will not recover until the consumers come back - Duh. So if no one has a good paying job who is going to consume?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:28 AM

Hell, I'd settle for "A" job, and work my up to "Good Paying". Maybe Wal-Mart is hiring "Greeters", their customers look like a nice bunch of folks.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasmo55 View Post
Hell, I'd settle for "A" job, and work my up to "Good Paying". Maybe Wal-Mart is hiring "Greeters", their customers look like a nice bunch of folks.
A job is better than no job. And if you intend to climb the ladder, you have to take the 1st step.

Most people don't start at the top. And it seems like the one's that do have a knack for losing it all. Show up for work, keep your mouth shut, and smile...odds are that you'll do pretty good.

Myself, I always was a hard head. The kind of guy who would grab the ball and take off with it...the loose cannon on deck.

That's the hard way to do it, and I would not advise anyone to follow if my footsteps. But I dearly love it.

Chas
Old 09-09-2009, 07:02 AM
Resident octogenarian

Funny, the one and only time I was in a wally-world the only ones smiling were the two old guys at the door. Everyone else had faces as long as ten days of rainy weather.

Just caught the commute news on TV, if you are looking for work here check the body shops. Just the Baltimore beltway and city had at least a dozen fender benders. I imagine DC and that beltway are no better.

Last edited by merrylander; 09-09-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:25 PM

Wal Mart shopper...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasmo55 View Post

I've been a Wal Mart shopper for a couple years. There's one particular clothing manufacturer I'm very fond of that's found at exclusive, high end stores who lists the same for twice the price.
When your on a fixed income...well you know the rest.