Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-10-2023, 08:29 PM
Admin

Twin Peaks - Mountain

Reminds me of seeing Mountain backing up Steppenwolf at Merriweather Post in Columbia, Md. 1970ish
Old 07-10-2023, 08:31 PM
Admin

Hot Tuna - Phosphorescent Rat
Old 07-16-2023, 10:44 PM
Area Man

Alan Parsons - I Robot
Old 07-16-2023, 10:52 PM

Old 07-17-2023, 07:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Sounds like a helluva concert. Red microdots sounds interesting. I guess there weren't any barrels of Orange Sunshine up there in Chi-town? (grin)
Our acid of choice was blotter, my brother who was at U of I down in Champaign typically supplied us. Anyway, that night was probably the most memorable concert of all time for me.

Story telling time...sorry if this is too long.

There's a break after the New Riders, and then the Dead's break...and I can't wait to pee any longer, and I'm tripping...gotta go. So we're in the first balcony center, three rows back at the Auditorium fabulous seats. I'm tripping and for much of the show, in my lower peripheral vision, the crowd down on the main floor looks like a huge undulating mass of pink protoplasm. Anyway, I gotta pee so bad and I walk out into the first balcony lobby and the restroom lines, even the men's, are like 100 people long, maybe not that long in reality...I was pretty cooked, and I gotta pee. So I go downstairs to the mezzanine lobby...the lines are worse. I go down to the main floor lobby, even worse. So I go down the stairs two levels to the lowest level lobby/restroom area in the building and finally the lines for the men's rooms are reasonable (the women's restroom lines are still ridiculous). And I'm tripping, feeling like I've been going down stairways for days, into the bowels of hell. But finally I'm in a reasonable line for one of the men's rooms, a bit back from the door...I finally get inside. And there it is...to this day it's one of the most memorably beautiful things I have ever seen. There are these two really cute hippie chicks in this men's room, both wearing those white embroidered Mexican peasant shirts the hippie chicks liked to wear in those days, no bras, of course. There are two sinks, they're sitting in the sinks next to each other taking a leak with their legs hanging down and their jeans down around their ankles, both going commando...and sharing a joint.

It's permanently emblazoned into my visual memory banks forever.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-17-2023 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-23-2023, 08:35 PM
Admin

Led Zeppelin I
Old 07-24-2023, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Hey! What turntable is that?
Old 07-24-2023, 05:51 PM
Admin

Representing The Mambo - Little Feat
Old 07-26-2023, 10:51 PM
Admin

Behind the Sun - Eric Clapton

Let's see what love can do...
Old 08-04-2023, 12:29 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Our acid of choice was blotter, my brother who was at U of I down in Champaign typically supplied us. Anyway, that night was probably the most memorable concert of all time for me.

Story telling time...sorry if this is too long.

There's a break after the New Riders, and then the Dead's break...and I can't wait to pee any longer, and I'm tripping...gotta go. So we're in the first balcony center, three rows back at the Auditorium fabulous seats. I'm tripping and for much of the show, in my lower peripheral vision, the crowd down on the main floor looks like a huge undulating mass of pink protoplasm. Anyway, I gotta pee so bad and I walk out into the first balcony lobby and the restroom lines, even the men's, are like 100 people long, maybe not that long in reality...I was pretty cooked, and I gotta pee. So I go downstairs to the mezzanine lobby...the lines are worse. I go down to the main floor lobby, even worse. So I go down the stairs two levels to the lowest level lobby/restroom area in the building and finally the lines for the men's rooms are reasonable (the women's restroom lines are still ridiculous). And I'm tripping, feeling like I've been going down stairways for days, into the bowels of hell. But finally I'm in a reasonable line for one of the men's rooms, a bit back from the door...I finally get inside. And there it is...to this day it's one of the most memorably beautiful things I have ever seen. There are these two really cute hippie chicks in this men's room, both wearing those white embroidered Mexican peasant shirts the hippie chicks liked to wear in those days, no bras, of course. There are two sinks, they're sitting in the sinks next to each other taking a leak with their legs hanging down and their jeans down around their ankles, both going commando...and sharing a joint.

It's permanently emblazoned into my visual memory banks forever.
Nice!

I just looked at the prices for Clapton's next gig in LA because Robbie Robertson is playing. Fuck paying a grand to see any concert unless it's in my living room.