Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Should have em tomorrow and will post once i figure out how to use the dang things.
Damn, Grump, I'm waiting on a heads up!!!

Quit for five years, to help my wife, then she started again...and guess what dumb ass thought he could smoke a couple.

Bought a meerschaum when they raised the taxes, but I never could stand a pipe.

It's a nasty habit, the most addictive substance I've ever encountered, and I've encountered most all of 'em. Guess I need to buck up and go cold turkey again.

But I'm running short on willpower, old age creeping up on me.

Chas
Old 02-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Resident octogenarian

Chas I did it at 68 so go for it.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Got mine yesterday and its pretty simple to use. The nic juice is pretty cheap and last for a long time. You do get a rush from these and if you keep smoking reg smokes and using the machine it will make you sick, like the patches do.

Its all about weening yourself off smokes and I am still trying to figure that one out. Will post more in the near future.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Damn, Grump, I'm waiting on a heads up!!!

Quit for five years, to help my wife, then she started again...and guess what dumb ass thought he could smoke a couple.

Bought a meerschaum when they raised the taxes, but I never could stand a pipe.

It's a nasty habit, the most addictive substance I've ever encountered, and I've encountered most all of 'em. Guess I need to buck up and go cold turkey again.

But I'm running short on willpower, old age creeping up on me.

Chas
I've quit 2 times in teh past 8 years. 1st time, after a year, got silly in a bar, thought I could have one or two. 2nd time, to head that off (I'm not much of a bar person but head up occasionally with coworkers) I'd get a cigar when I knew I was going, a good one I justified because I was saving so much .

Well then started with cigars pretty steadily, ran out, smoked the SOs cigarettes. D'oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Got mine yesterday and its pretty simple to use. The nic juice is pretty cheap and last for a long time. You do get a rush from these and if you keep smoking reg smokes and using the machine it will make you sick, like the patches do.

Its all about weening yourself off smokes and I am still trying to figure that one out. Will post more in the near future.
Excellent! Good luck Grump, you could use some!

Pete
Old 03-03-2010, 09:50 PM

Say Grump, I've been waiting on an update. That damn thing didn't kill you, did it?

Chas
Old 03-04-2010, 04:20 AM
Administrator

Nope, I actually like it. Is it as good as a real smoke ? Nope but its cheaper and healthier by a mile. I will post some more about it later.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Loyal Opposition

Being a cheapskate, I had switched to the little filtered cigars - Captain Black - instead of cigarettes. They were taxed at a different rate I think. Cheaper, but they packed a pretty good punch of nicotine. A few years back, after getting whopped upside the head with a pretty bad case of depression, my doc put me on Wellbutrin, which had the positive side effect of shutting down the desire for nicotine. I can still have a cigar on the golf course or out camping without any inkling of a desire to start up smoking again.

Demonstrating the backwards thinking of insurance companies, my insurer didn't want to pay for it as a smoking cessation aid, but covered it as an anti-depressive. Seems to me that they stood to save a lot more money by permitting it for smoking cessation but denying it for depression. If I stayed depressed and offed myself, they would have saved lots of money, but if I wasn't depressed, they would save money on future medical costs by helping me quit smoking. As is stands, neither of those are now risk factors. Now if there was something to keep me away from chocolate shakes and on the treadmill, I could save them even more money.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
... If I stayed depressed and offed myself, they would have saved lots of money, ....
Lmao!!

Pete
Old 03-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Lmao!!

Pete
It always warms my heart when I can add your daily entertainment.

Regards,

D-ray
Old 03-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
It always warms my heart when I can add your daily entertainment.

Regards,

D-ray

Pete's easily amused