Old 05-09-2018, 04:30 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Sounds like bribery to me.

Novartis official: Michael Cohen was 'promising access' after Trump election

Now that is a BAM.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-trump-n872731
Here's a bit of a deeper dive into the Novartis contract with Cohen.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...-to-goodfellas
Old 05-10-2018, 07:27 AM

President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, contacted the drug giant Novartis after the 2016 election "promising access" to the new administration, and special counsel Robert Mueller later requested information from the company about the offer, a senior official inside Novartis told NBC News on Wednesday.

Cohen "contacted us after the new administration was in place," the official said. "He was promising access to the new administration." Novartis then signed a one-year, $1.2 million contract with Cohen.

So, NBC news is basing this report on info obtained from an unnamed, therefore unaccountable, someone who they're labeling as "a senior official".

Uh huh.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:48 AM

Still defending a slime ball like Cohen, and his disgusting boss Donny, Whell? Kinda makes you just as slimy. Sad!
Old 05-10-2018, 07:49 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, contacted the drug giant Novartis after the 2016 election "promising access" to the new administration, and special counsel Robert Mueller later requested information from the company about the offer, a senior official inside Novartis told NBC News on Wednesday.

Cohen "contacted us after the new administration was in place," the official said. "He was promising access to the new administration." Novartis then signed a one-year, $1.2 million contract with Cohen.

So, NBC news is basing this report on info obtained from an unnamed, therefore unaccountable, someone who they're labeling as "a senior official".

Uh huh.
Novartis has released a formal statement saying exactly the same thing. I guess it's hard to keep up on Trump and Cohen's malfeasance from Wingnut News.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/09/nova...pany-says.html
Old 05-10-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:

Uh huh.
You should try pissing in the wind.
Did any of your sources (sarcasm alert) find an anonymous person at Novartis to deny this?
Old 05-10-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Novartis has released a formal statement saying exactly the same thing. I guess it's hard to keep up on Trump and Cohen's malfeasance from Wingnut News.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/09/nova...pany-says.html
No, I saw the company statement. My point was that NBC is manufacturing a news story here by quoting an anonymous source. Once again, to me, that's BS.

Now, I'm sure Novartis has a well - articulated company policy, as most publicly traded companies do, that requires any employee to report contacts from the media, and forbids employees from doing what this "anonymous source" did. So, it boils down to who you choose to believe. Do you believe the version of an "anonymous source", which in this case is an unaccountable individual who likely acted in opposition to company policy and possibly against his employer's best interests? Or do you believe the company, who's public communication was no doubt vetted through the company's public communications and Legal team?

I'm sure many folks here want to believe the unaccountable anonymous source. Me? Not so much. I'd be willing to entertain the notion that the truth is somewhere in the middle between the company's statement and the unaccountable employee's statement.

But then, if this behavior is somehow "wrong", I'd also wonder how what Cohen allegedly did is any different from what Washington "insiders" do on a regular basis.

Last edited by whell; 05-10-2018 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
You should try pissing in the wind.
Why? Do you enjoy it that much when you do it?
Old 05-10-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Still defending a slime ball like Cohen, and his disgusting boss Donny, Whell? Kinda makes you just as slimy. Sad!
Did I say I was "defending" anyone? You're getting as bad as Finn when it comes to putting words in other folks' mouths. Folks who engage in that debate tactic are the "slimy" ones, Chickie.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:31 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
No, I saw the company statement. My point was that NBC is manufacturing a news story here by quoting an anonymous source. Once again, to me, that's BS.
There's no discernible difference between the two stories.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:33 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Did I say I was "defending" anyone? You're getting as bad as Finn when it comes to putting words in other folks' mouths. Folks who engage in that debate tactic are the "slimy" ones, Chickie.
I don't put words in your mouth (if I did, they'd be the smartest things you've ever said). Instead, I retrieve previous posts that you deny having made.