Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-22-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Why is their motivation relevant? These folks are the absolute personification of evil, and they need to be exterminated.
Figures. An understanding of their motivations and goals is essential to developing a strategy for defeating them.

What a scared little pussy you are. Why don't you just pop into bed and pull the covers up over your head. We'll tell you when it's safe to come out.

Last edited by Boreas; 07-22-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
And their firearms death rate is but a small fraction of ours.
Not relevant. Individuals with evil intent were able to obtain the firearms they wanted to obtain to carry out their twisted mission regardless of the gun laws in place.

As we saw last week in France, if folks want to kill they'll find a way. Last week, it was accomplished with a truck...which also happened to be full of firearms and explosives regardless of strict French gun laws.

The bottom line is this: if folks truly want to commit acts of violence, a law isn't necessarily going to stop them. Murder is against the law everywhere, but it still happens. Its happening in countries at higher rates in the US regardless of the availability of firearms.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Wat a scared little pussy you are.
LOL. Sad, unhappy little pimple.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
LOL. Sad, unhappy little pimple.
Tautology alert! I suppose I should have called you a scared, frightened little pussy. LOLZ!
Old 07-22-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Why is their motivation relevant? These folks are the absolute personification of evil, and they need to be exterminated.
Because I want to know why. Kinda like why a cop pulls someone over and shoots them. I want to know why. Is the cop just another killer or did the guy he shot do something to instigate it.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
No shit. It's their specific aim, outlined in their literature and speeches. The Right's inherent tough guy attitude plays right into the terrorists' hands.
If the terrorists goal is to instill authoritarian governments, restrict freedoms, and encourage radical fundamentalism in the western world, then yes, we are playing right into their hands and will indeed be just another version of them before we know it.

Look how quickly we went from victim to terrorist nation after 9/11.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:05 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Not relevant. Individuals with evil intent were able to obtain the firearms they wanted to obtain to carry out their twisted mission regardless of the gun laws in place.

As we saw last week in France, if folks want to kill they'll find a way. Last week, it was accomplished with a truck...which also happened to be full of firearms and explosives regardless of strict French gun laws.

The bottom line is this: if folks truly want to commit acts of violence, a law isn't necessarily going to stop them. Murder is against the law everywhere, but it still happens. Its happening in countries at higher rates in the US regardless of the availability of firearms.
Not true, but if it gives you some sort of perverted comfort believing it, knock yourself out. BTW, I've been a gun owner, hunter and sport shooter for over 50 years, but I find the Right's gun fetish odd and disturbing.

Most of the illicit weapons in western Europe are Warsaw Pact surplus sold legally in eastern Europe and smuggled west, just as weapons in NYC come from Virginia.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
If the terrorists goal is to instill authoritarian governments, restrict freedoms, and encourage radical fundamentalism in the western world, then yes, we are playing right into their hands and will indeed be just another version of them before we know it.

Look how quickly we went from victim to terrorist nation after 9/11.
They're specifically looking for an end-of-times war with the West with its final battle in Dabiq, Syria. FWIW, Dabiq is the name of ISIS's magazine.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
They're specifically looking for an end-of-times war with the West with its final battle in Dabiq, Syria. FWIW, Dabiq is the name of ISIS's magazine.
By the time the republican war of the races is done we'll be pretty easy pickings.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:11 PM

I have no doubt Germany will root out the criminals. Thoughts and prayers to the city of Munich in this time of crisis.

Just proves that any country no matter how much security or surveillance attacks will still happen. Countries with heighten levels of security already in place, more then us still have attacks. A free open society will always be vulnerable to those who hate and want to impose fear upon the masses. The closing of freedoms and rights will not make us safe! Good old police work and understanding your nemesis is the way.

Barney