in keeping this site going.

Old 09-20-2023, 05:22 PM
Admin

Eric Clapton Fundraises For RFK jr

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ia-1235594599/

Fuck that guy.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

I was never that big of of a fan since Cream , Blind Faith and Derek and the Dominos. His music since then has been pretty vapid.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:16 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I was never that big of of a fan since Cream , Blind Faith and Derek and the Dominos. His music since then has been pretty vapid.
I remember digging Wheels of Fire on the radio when heading out on Route 50 to the shore when I was a munchkin/aspiring juvenile delinquent. So much of their early music is the soundtrack of our generation. Oh well, maybe his bass player had it right? Fecking wanker...
Old 09-20-2023, 08:27 PM
Ready

Too bad. Used to like Clapton's stuff. Last CD of his I bought was quite a while ago, to be sure, him with JJ Cale "The Road to Escondido." Liked it a lot. But I fear I'm not so sure I'd get into it at present. Hard to unknow things.
Old 09-20-2023, 10:20 PM

Still like his music. Put him in the same category as Ted Nugent. Like the talent not the politics or even personality.

On backing Kennedy, the thing is the only people I know who like him. To a one are Republicans. Never hear a kind word from a fellow Democrat.
Old 09-20-2023, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I liked Cream a lot, in fact listened to Disraeli Gears just this weekend.
But once he went solo and butchered the song by Bob Marley "I shot the sheriff", that was it for me. He mostly mumbled and was shocked to see how popular this song became with most people not even realizing it was Bob Marley's song.
Old 09-22-2023, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Still like his music. Put him in the same category as Ted Nugent. Like the talent not the politics or even personality.

On backing Kennedy, the thing is the only people I know who like him. To a one are Republicans. Never hear a kind word from a fellow Democrat.
Eric who?
Make that the same category as Ted Nugent and Kid Rock. J/K, I have liked some of EC's music. Don't give a flying fig about their political views either. My views on the subject aren't tethered to whatever the celebrity (or has been) toujour has to say.
Old 09-25-2023, 08:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I remember digging Wheels of Fire on the radio when heading out on Route 50 to the shore when I was a munchkin/aspiring juvenile delinquent. So much of their early music is the soundtrack of our generation. Oh well, maybe his bass player had it right? Fecking wanker...
For us it was rolling down Lakeshore Drive blasting "Deserted Cities Of The Heart" from the 8-track player hidden under the driver's seat of our '63 Opel Kadett. Sufficiently high on the herb to insure that I was doing at least 5 under the limit.

Clapton is certainly not the first geezer I know of to have gone around the bend...just the most famous and one of the more discouraging. Perhaps there's something bad organic going on in his head...he abused alcohol and heavy substances for a long time. No excuse, just an observation.

Goddamn...I still love that song.
Old 09-25-2023, 04:39 PM
Banned

Since there has been some mention of releases of Clapton's that we like...since the Derek and the Dominos days the one I really like a lot is Another Ticket. It was made with Gary Brooker (Procol Harum), they were apparently neighbors. Brooker wrote "Catch Me If You Can"...it's one of my favorite post Dominos songs.
Old 09-25-2023, 09:06 PM

Looking at the article again I see the first sentence.
Quote:
Eric Clapton performed at a fundraiser
Just Idly wondering how much was donated because of Mr. Clapton? I can't imagine someone going "Ooo Clapton sung so I'll fork over some cash", but who knows with MAGAt's.