Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I like the way you think, my friend.

An openly gay Prez would drive the knuckledraggers out of their freakin' minds. They would end up looking back at the Obama era wistfully with longing.
He ain't gay at all, but he sure does believe in their civil rights as well as everybody else's.

Carl
Old 05-13-2013, 11:08 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Wow, that is spendy real estate. I think. Cool if you got it though. There are many nice places to hang out in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

Carl

No lakefront for this nailpounder. Maybe just a fixer upper hobbithole downhill in trees?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
He ain't gay at all, but he sure does believe in their civil rights as well as everybody else's.

Carl
I've been living behind the Orange curtain for far too long. Even this workin' class town of Costa Mesa, or Costa Misery as I call it, has turned into Newport Beach.

Gavin "We're here and we're queer" Newsome isn't gay? Not that it makes a diff.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
TW dropped Current altogether in my area. Haven't seen it since.

Granholm for President 2020! after Hilz.
Direct TV still has it .....the guy from the Young Turks is still there but Granholm and Elliot are gone...I do not watch it all now
Old 05-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Direct TV still has it .....the guy from the Young Turks is still there but Granholm and Elliot are gone...I do not watch it all now
I've become addicted to TW for my internet service and cable. I really need to explore the alternatives tho. It has gotten way too spendy.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:20 PM

The dish services are not too bad....ours is a bit expensive because I get the Filipino channels for my wife
Old 05-13-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I've been living behind the Orange curtain for far too long. Even this workin' class town of Costa Mesa, or Costa Misery as I call it, has turned into Newport Beach.

Gavin "We're here and we're queer" Newsome isn't gay? Not that it makes a diff.
He's married with children. So they think otherwise down there huh?

Carl
Old 05-14-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I've become addicted to TW for my internet service and cable. I really need to explore the alternatives tho. It has gotten way too spendy.
AT&T Uverse is available in your area. They are not required to franchise because they deliver their signal over two wire instead of cable. They can compete with TW.

The picture quality is excellent. I switched from Cox who put a new digital cable system in about ten years ago. When I first turned the set on I noticed an immediate picture quality improvement. It can be delivered by any cable/computer network the home is wired with but, why bother, the wireless cable boxes work fine so you can place your TV anywhere in the room you want to. Good for us audiophools who like to move whole rooms around to get just the "right" sound.

I have heard that they may be the first to offer an a la carte channel lineups since they are all digital at the Uverse computer centers.

There are some drawbacks. You have to be within a mile of a VRAD. I can see one out my window, but I am 2,700' away because it loops the whole area before getting to me. If you run multiple TV's, and have a couple of online gamers in the house, all on at the same time, you can run out of bandwidth. This has been addressed with faster Sun servers and multiple petabyte memory modules that were installed for future 3D channels. ESPN 3D is already up and running here.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Admin

Quote:
He's married with children. So they think otherwise down there huh?

Carl
These crazy wingnut sumbitches down here think any liberal is the devil incarnate or simply a mush head. My mistake on Gavin, I should've read his wiki before going off half cocked. It's probably something in the water around here.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Admin

Back to bitchslapping Snyder. 90% African American in that district. Hmmm.
I did notice that after the teaching staff offered to work for a week for free this district simply laid everyone off except three admin staff. Then they put out a call for volunteers from the retired teachers in the area. Michigan has turned into something that is unrecognizable under the Repugnant party.