Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Politics and the Environment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Welcome!
Thank you!
Old 06-01-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Welcome!
Exactly.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
You're breaking the "never trust Wikipedia on controversial issues" rule.

This gives some perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OEuptwQgNg

Last edited by Not Insane; 06-01-2020 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Just checking whether you understand that I was providing information (from the NOAA no less) regarding surface temperature data, for the CONUS, which presumably is where the 5th grader who can no longer go sledding in the winter, lives?

Last edited by anomalous; 06-01-2020 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomalous View Post

PS- I joined here against my better judgement, we will see how it goes
This line cracks me up. Good one.

I'm with you.

FWIW, I posted in the "introductions" subforum and got the rudest "welcome" I've every had in my life on any site. The long knives came out immediately. I've never seen that before. The poster wasn't even trying to give the appearance of decorum.

Last edited by Not Insane; 06-01-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:58 PM

One paying attention must see the climate has changed for the warmer. In my local the winters are no longer drastically cold. This year it was almost 60* in January a month a few short years ago in the teens. My sons in their thirties unaware two years ago when it dipped below zero the need to leave water dripping.

I have see a ever steady warming and wetter weather pattern.

My grandson still have not used the snow toys we bought them a few years ago. Never snowed enough. In other ares the lack of rain is causing fires. Farmer are inundated with rain at opportune times destroying crops.

For one will be glad if my descendants think me silly for the belief in climate change. Rather then willfully ignorant of the signs and arrogantly probating nothing to see here move on attitude.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
One paying attention must see the climate has changed for the warmer. In my local the winters are no longer drastically cold. This year it was almost 60* in January a month a few short years ago in the teens. My sons in their thirties unaware two years ago when it dipped below zero the need to leave water dripping.

My grandson still have not used the snow toys we bought them a few years ago. Never snowed enough. In other ares the lack of rain is causing fires. Farmer are inundated with rain at opportune times destroying crops.

For one will be glad if my descendants think me silly for the belief in climate change. Rather then willfully ignorant of the signs and arrogantly probating nothing to see here move on attitude.
It's cyclical. It is warmer than when it was colder in the early 70's and it was colder than it was in the 30's. And it will be warmer again and it will be colder again.

That's the thing. It's just going through its normal cycles. That would not be a big deal if it wasn't for people who want to create a "global scare" to gain control. You know, stuff like redistributing wealth through carbon credits and stuff like that.

The climate's fine and mankind is having as much affect on it as a stray dog huddled in the corner of a basketball stadium has on the temperature there. The existing HVAC system is well within its design parameters to compensate for the warm spot.

In all seriousness, watch a few of these videos. They bring forth public information from the last couple hundred years and put it in perspective. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcAH...VcLOwKh-FB7Rxp

Last edited by Not Insane; 06-01-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
This line cracks me up. Good one.

I'm with you.

FWIW, I posted in the "introductions" subforum and got the rudest "welcome" I've every had in my life on any site. The long knives came out immediately. I've never seen that before. The poster wasn't even trying to give the appearance of decorum.
I agree. This is a topic that really brings out the best in people. But interestingly most of the vitriol comes from those on the "left" of this issue, despite in many cases these people being completely unaware of the pertinent primary data.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:

Last year was the warmest on record. If this weather pattern is cyclical the cycle is out of wack. As usual the ones with a large economic stake in keeping the status quo deny any problem.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Last year was the warmest on record. If this weather pattern is cyclical the cycle is out of wack. As usual the ones with a large economic stake in keeping the status quo deny any problem.
Globally, 2019 was the second hottest year on record, behind 2016.

Of course the instrumental temperature records used for these comparisons only go back back to 1880, so we can only say that 2019 was the second hottest of the last ~140 years.

Tags
climate, global warming