Old 02-15-2021, 07:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Oh brother
Facts don't care about your feelings.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:35 AM
Banned

There has not been a constitutional convention since the original. Your info on the 22nd amendment is faulty.

My brother claimed that only a constitutional convention of governors will give us the Congressional term limits that the Woke Congos will refuse to pass. I tell him it's a different world.

I hardly speak for any collective of 'liberals,' let alone your conception of them, but I would like to see amendments to 1) abolish the electoral college system in favor of direct popular nationwide election of the President,

So California and New York get to tell the rest of the country what to do? Yeah, right.

and 2) make the over-representation of empty land in the Senate less extreme (by any of several possible schemes, we can discuss)

So people who are not jammed together, collecting welfare checks and in this country illegally are not worthy of equal representation by government? You propose government for the scumbags, and not the TAXPAYERS? Yeah, right. That worked so well in Venezuela, didn't it?

Oh, we might straighten out that pesky 'Militia Protection Amendment,' you know, the 2nd one. On the history, it was clearly a mistake, Militias have just been trouble.

Only if we can outlaw ANY armed protection of any politician at any spot in the US or abroad. What you think is good for the common taxpayer should be good for the useless Michelle Obamas of the world.

NO secret service protection, PERIOD. Let those hacks call 911 like everyone else and be put on hold.

As far as pesky militias, I agree with you that domestic racist terrorist groups like BLM and ANTIFA have been nothing but trouble. Rather than screw the ENTIRE country and spit on the memory of the Founding Fathers, there is a simpler solution.

If those animals are breaking the law, arrest them and put them in jail. And DON'T BE SUCH AN IDIOT AS TO VOTE FOR A VICE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE WHO BAILS THEM OUT.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:38 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason10 View Post
Facts don't care about your feelings.
Shapiro is one of the whiniest people on the planet.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Shapiro is one of the whiniest people on the planet.
I just now noticed that logo down in the lower-left corner. Turning Point USA
Old 02-15-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
So far, Trump has given America the greatest economy, four years of PEACE in the world with no new wars (a FIRST for both parties) and a level of patriotism not seen since the Reagan years.

America is about to take it up the ass with this Nazi who stole the election.
If Trump had stayed around for another four years he probably would have been successful in establishing the first American dictatorship. You think I'm nuts? No, it's because of people like you who buy into the BS he's been feeding since before his first election. Reason10, be reasonable and see the full picture; yes he wants to 'drain the swamp' and that sounds really cool and progressive as opposed to having the old guard like Biden run things; it's like deja vu all over again. But everything he has done in the past four years and is still currently doing points only in one direction.... he wants to be the only gator left in the swamp.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:43 AM
Banned

When I analyze the US system vs. the rest of the democratic world I end up thinking that the US is one of the most undemocratic democracies anywhere.

You probably think that because you are under the mistaken impression that the United States is a democracy. It has never been such a thing. It has always been a representative republic. (Guess you didn't notice that...uh...bicameral part of government called the CONGRESS.)

1. Elections in most democracies take between 4-16 weeks at the federal level; in the US it's an ongoing perpetual machine with billions of dollars spent and in turn billions of IOU's. There's enough corruption generated by 4-16 week elections so in the US it must be staggering. The US system encourages lobbyists to a higher degree than elsewhere in the world and this in turn narrows the scope of governance.

Freedom isn't cheap. The First Amendment isn't cheap. Television time is very expensive, something about all those limited bandwidths out there. If you want to STOP the lobbyists completely there's only ONE way to do that: Term limits for everyone in Congress. That completely takes away the power of K street.

2. Americans hold dear their 2nd amendment right to bear arms but they forget to put it in context of when and why it was written. Face it folks the British ain't going to show up at your door with flintlocks. Neither will the Russians or Chinese.

The word "flintlocks" never appeared in the Constitution. Just out of curiosity, what OTHER Bill Of Rights limitations on government power would you throw away, just because you don't like it? Would you like to get rid of freedom of speech? Would you like to get arrested because what you post here offends someone in government?

Would you like to get rid due process, arrest warrants, etc? Would you like to get rid of the right to a lawyer, the right to a fair, speedy trial?

Would you like to bring back SLAVERY?

Would you like stop women and certain minorities from voting?

Would you like to give a president unlimited terms in office?

I could go on and on but the first one on above list is the one that needs to be addressed first in my opinion. What's your opinion?

I have alternative answers to your first proposal. I would go by requiring ALL voters in America be required to carry a photo ID national voting card, and that all absentee ballots be in by Election Night or not counted at all. (Except for overseas military absentee voters.)

I would completely get rid of mail-in voting entirely. If a person wants to vote, that person needs to get a registration, complete with verification of an address, and SHOW UP on Election Day with the photo ID in hand.

Truthfully, that's the only thing wrong with our elections today. And THIS Bozo is proof of that.

Old 02-20-2021, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleAng View Post
If Trump had stayed around for another four years he probably would have been successful in establishing the first American dictatorship. You think I'm nuts? No, it's because of people like you who buy into the BS he's been feeding since before his first election. Reason10, be reasonable and see the full picture; yes he wants to 'drain the swamp' and that sounds really cool and progressive as opposed to having the old guard like Biden run things; it's like deja vu all over again. But everything he has done in the past four years and is still currently doing points only in one direction.... he wants to be the only gator left in the swamp.
That is a LIE.

Trump made this country freer and more prosperous than ALL past Democrat presidents combined.

You ARE nuts, as well as uninformed and uneducated.

You need to get your head out from THE VIEW'S ass and start looking at FACTS.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:13 PM
Area Man

Chaos is not Freedom. The prosperity seems to continues to rise without the Trump Administration. It will continue to so as we get vaccines out and get the virus under control.

The Trumpers greatest fear; That the rest of America, both Red and Blue, will realize they don't need Trump for anything. I believe we never did.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:41 PM

Quote:
That is a LIE.
You ARE nuts, as well as uninformed and uneducated.
I've traveled the world both personally and professionally thanks to my BsME,MBA and PhD.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:56 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleAng View Post
I've traveled the world both personally and professionally thanks to my BsME,MBA and PhD.
He will be along shortly to call you an "arrogant, elitist snob" and tell you how meaningless all of that alphabet soup is to him.

But, Trump is a "businessman" so, he has all of the answers.....

See how that works? Propaganda and psy-ops produce some of the most interesting mindsets, don't they?