Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-16-2021, 08:53 PM

D. B. Cooper identified in 1991. No mystery.

Ricard McCoy, Jr. WAS D. B. Cooper after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UuRpW8wdVA

The FBI assured everyone that McCoy was not D. B. Cooper. They were wrong.
Old 12-17-2021, 11:02 AM

Richard McCoy Jr.
Main article: Richard McCoy Jr.

Richard McCoy Jr.
McCoy (1942–1974) was an Army veteran who served two tours of duty in Vietnam, first as a demolition expert, and later with the Green Berets as a helicopter pilot. After his military service he became a warrant officer in the Utah National Guard and an avid recreational skydiver, with aspirations, he said, of becoming a Utah State Trooper.

On April 7, 1972, McCoy staged the best-known of the so-called "copycat" hijackings (see below). He boarded United Airlines' Flight 855 (a Boeing 727 with aft stairs) in Denver, Colorado, and brandishing what later proved to be a paperweight resembling a hand grenade and an unloaded handgun, he demanded four parachutes and $500,000. After delivery of the money and parachutes at San Francisco International Airport, McCoy ordered the aircraft back into the sky and bailed out over Provo, Utah, leaving behind his handwritten hijacking instructions and his fingerprints on a magazine he had been reading.

He was arrested on April 9 with the ransom cash in his possession, and after trial and conviction, received a 45-year sentence. Two years later he escaped from Lewisburg Federal Penitentiary with several accomplices by crashing a garbage truck through the main gate. Tracked down three months later in Virginia Beach, McCoy was killed in a shootout with FBI agents.

In their 1991 book, D.B. Cooper: The Real McCoy, parole officer Bernie Rhodes and former FBI agent Russell Calame asserted that they had identified McCoy as Cooper. They cited obvious similarities in the two hijackings, claims by McCoy's family that the tie and mother-of-pearl tie clip left on the plane belonged to McCoy, and McCoy's own refusal to admit or deny that he was Cooper. A proponent of their claim was the FBI agent who killed McCoy. "When I shot Richard McCoy", he said, "I shot D. B. Cooper at the same time."

Although there is no reasonable doubt that McCoy committed the Denver hijacking, the FBI does not consider him a suspect in the Cooper case because of mismatches in age and description; a level of skydiving skill well above that thought to be possessed by the hijacker; and credible evidence that McCoy was in Las Vegas on the day of the Portland hijacking, and at home in Utah the day after, having Thanksgiving dinner with his family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper
Old 12-17-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Richard McCoy Jr.
Main article: Richard McCoy Jr.

Richard McCoy Jr.
McCoy (1942–1974) was an Army veteran who served two tours of duty in Vietnam, first as a demolition expert, and later with the Green Berets as a helicopter pilot. After his military service he became a warrant officer in the Utah National Guard and an avid recreational skydiver, with aspirations, he said, of becoming a Utah State Trooper.

On April 7, 1972, McCoy staged the best-known of the so-called "copycat" hijackings (see below). He boarded United Airlines' Flight 855 (a Boeing 727 with aft stairs) in Denver, Colorado, and brandishing what later proved to be a paperweight resembling a hand grenade and an unloaded handgun, he demanded four parachutes and $500,000. After delivery of the money and parachutes at San Francisco International Airport, McCoy ordered the aircraft back into the sky and bailed out over Provo, Utah, leaving behind his handwritten hijacking instructions and his fingerprints on a magazine he had been reading.

He was arrested on April 9 with the ransom cash in his possession, and after trial and conviction, received a 45-year sentence. Two years later he escaped from Lewisburg Federal Penitentiary with several accomplices by crashing a garbage truck through the main gate. Tracked down three months later in Virginia Beach, McCoy was killed in a shootout with FBI agents.

In their 1991 book, D.B. Cooper: The Real McCoy, parole officer Bernie Rhodes and former FBI agent Russell Calame asserted that they had identified McCoy as Cooper. They cited obvious similarities in the two hijackings, claims by McCoy's family that the tie and mother-of-pearl tie clip left on the plane belonged to McCoy, and McCoy's own refusal to admit or deny that he was Cooper. A proponent of their claim was the FBI agent who killed McCoy. "When I shot Richard McCoy", he said, "I shot D. B. Cooper at the same time."

Although there is no reasonable doubt that McCoy committed the Denver hijacking, the FBI does not consider him a suspect in the Cooper case because of mismatches in age and description; a level of skydiving skill well above that thought to be possessed by the hijacker; and credible evidence that McCoy was in Las Vegas on the day of the Portland hijacking, and at home in Utah the day after, having Thanksgiving dinner with his family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper
The alibi of the Thanksgiving in Utah was a lie told by his sister-in-law. She has admitted that he and her sister were not in Utah like she originally claimed. It's in the video. The age difference is very subjective, he did look 40 when he was 29. His skydiving skills are also explained in the video. He dropped the money in his first skyjacking. Didn't know how to lower the ramp either the first time. In the second, successful skyjacking, he had learned from his previous mistakes.
Old 12-18-2021, 05:23 PM

I checked out the guy who put out the video you posted. Wasn't too impressed with his credentials. I'd rather believe the FBI. You can believe a youtube guy who got fired from his airline job after assaulting the police if you want to.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:44 AM

Quote:
I checked out the guy who put out the video you posted. Wasn't too impressed with his credentials. I'd rather believe the FBI. You can believe a youtube guy who got fired from his airline job after assaulting the police if you want to.
That youtube guy is sketchy. Here's another take on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0CjoiSi_r0

It's the children of Richard McCoy whom I'm believing. They had to wait until their mother died to tell their story. They knew all along.
Old 12-19-2021, 12:24 PM

He was 29 years old when the event happened. His children could not have "known it all along".

Did it ever occur to you the children were rewarded monetarily for their story? Incentives can generate all sorts of stories.

At least you got one thing right. You posted this thread in the Conspiracy Theory Corner
Old 12-19-2021, 01:37 PM

There was a show just on a few weeks back saying it was a CIA OP.

To scare the public and get the government and airlines to do more to combat hijackings. Hijackings were happening a lot during this time.

Who knows now for sure. A lot of time has passed so too with any witnesses of any count.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:36 PM

Quote:
He was 29 years old when the event happened. His children could not have "known it all along".

Did it ever occur to you the children were rewarded monetarily for their story? Incentives can generate all sorts of stories.

At least you got one thing right. You posted this thread in the Conspiracy Theory Corner
Chante, the daughter, was old enough (6 years old) to be aware that her parents and aunt lied to the FBI regarding their whereabouts on that Thanksgiving. She's the one that opened the door, and let the FBI in 2 months later (after the second skyjacking). I believe her.

She hasn't said anything else specific.

I was 7 years old when the FBI forced their way in my house. Have a pretty clear memory regarding what they argued about with my Dad.

It's true the McCoys kids may be trying to cash in on something. I don't think its happened yet. They talked to the youtube guy because he had been pestering them for years.

Last edited by BigElCat; 12-19-2021 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:13 PM

I think you shouldn't rely on YouTube videos for anything substantive.
The algorithm is set up to reward the outlandish.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:07 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human View Post
I think you shouldn't rely on YouTube videos for anything substantive.
The algorithm is set up to reward the outlandish.
Ditto.

They can't even recommend decent music. (grin)