Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-08-2022, 12:44 PM

To handle the argument of They're coming for all our guns!" I say let 'em have them. Aside from current restrictions on automatic weapons and such let people have their guns if they want them. Before the WTH-in' starts pass laws that say you can not bring your gun outside your place of residence. Going to the gun range? Fine as long as it's in a locked case. Going hunting? Fine, just keep it locked away until you get where you're going. To the refrain "Gun restrictions will lead to only criminals with guns.", automatic sentences for having a gun in public. Commit a crime with a gun, the automatic sentence triples. Make it not worth the trouble to carry around a handgun for criminals and law abiding citizens as well.

This ain't the Old West and scenes like this are just so much unnecessary penis waving.
dumbass.jpg

Last edited by RickeyM; 06-08-2022 at 12:54 PM.
Old 06-08-2022, 03:09 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
To handle the argument of They're coming for all our guns!" I say let 'em have them. Aside from current restrictions on automatic weapons and such let people have their guns if they want them. Before the WTH-in' starts pass laws that say you can not bring your gun outside your place of residence. Going to the gun range? Fine as long as it's in a locked case. Going hunting? Fine, just keep it locked away until you get where you're going. To the refrain "Gun restrictions will lead to only criminals with guns.", automatic sentences for having a gun in public. Commit a crime with a gun, the automatic sentence triples. Make it not worth the trouble to carry around a handgun for criminals and law abiding citizens as well.

This ain't the Old West and scenes like this are just so much unnecessary penis waving.
Attachment 3977
Hear, here! I like the Australia model. Take 99% of guns and melt them down.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Hear, here! I like the Australia model. Take 99% of guns and melt them down.
Get caught with a handgun outside of legal parameters, do not pass go... go directly to jail.
Commit a crime with a handgun go directly to jail for a lot longer, whether you get convicted or not.

Make it prohibitively expensive for criminals to use guns and I'm not talking $$.
Old 06-17-2022, 09:05 AM

Angry Meanwhile in Texas

'Life is short': Ken Paxton faces backlash for suggesting Uvalde massacre was part of God's plan

So this guy's god has a plan that includes kids getting murdered? Does this explain why Repubs are against (any) gun control?
Old 06-17-2022, 10:56 AM
Jigsawed

Question

Quote:
'Life is short': Ken Paxton faces backlash for suggesting Uvalde massacre was part of God's plan

So this guy's god has a plan that includes kids getting murdered? Does this explain why Repubs are against (any) gun control?
Probably has its seeds in the massacre of the first born.
Old 06-17-2022, 11:55 AM
Ready

Quote:

Yep, if you think God has a plan for everything, then everything is a part of it. Most pastors have enough sense not to get in people's face with this sort of example, but politicized evangelicals are special.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
If I'm such a simple man, it seems like you could keep track of what I post on this forum. I'm no where close to being a Trumper.

The comparative rates I mentioned came from the link YOU provided, I didn't realize the discussion had somehow been limited to first world countries only.

In fact it wasn't until now. Your significant other, "The Blonde", probably doesn't stand much of a chance talking back to you.

We don't need more legislative control in the country, IMHO. Relying on the authorities upstairs is what kept police sitting outside the school for an hour while some asshole went around shooting those children.

The people 'at the top' are not good people.
As more and more information come out on this, the more it looks like this tragedy was heavily exacerbated by police leadership in the town where it happened.

There will always be bad actors. That is why we have police. But when the police don't actually "serve and protect", we have a different problem. I've said for years, parroting the words of another man with direct experience with the police - They are just secretaries with guns. And I'll add this: As demonstrated at this shooting, the police are not there to protect you. They are there to find out who did it. The person responsible for protecting you is YOU.

And in this case, they even stopped parents from entering to try to protect their own kids. Now, if the police were doing what we all THOUGHT was their job, that action would be correct, except they clearly were not. They didn't help, and stopped others from helping. Even one of their own was stopped from trying to save his own wife. This event is appalling.
Old 06-24-2022, 01:40 PM

House passes first major federal gun safety legislation in decades, bill will next go to Biden for signature

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/polit...act/index.html

A tiny bit of common sense, finally, after all the killings, and after yet another SCOTUS horrific ruling expanding their earlier horrifically incorrect interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. Firearms are a cancer, which most civilized countries banned years ago.
Old 06-24-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
House passes first major federal gun safety legislation in decades, bill will next go to Biden for signature

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/polit...act/index.html

A tiny bit of common sense, finally, after all the killings, and after yet another SCOTUS horrific ruling expanding their earlier horrifically incorrect interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. Firearms are a cancer, which most civilized countries banned years ago.
Before the weekend is over some Reich-Wing loon running for office will pledge to overturn the law. Maybe even some already in office.

"THEY'RE COMMING TO TAKE OUR GUNS!!!"
Old 06-24-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Since you've chosen to get so specific:
1. Raise purchase age to 21 (he was 18 as was the kid in Buffalo).
2. Red flag law (he showed self-destructive and violent signs like self-mutilation).
3. Forbid autoloading firearms and limit magazine capacity to 5 rounds (federal law already restricts magazine capacity to 3 rounds to hunt migratory game birds (ducks, geese, doves and they're harder to hit than humans)).
4. In keeping with strict conservative constitutional originalism, restrict unlimited firearms access to flintlocks only (I'm joking here, but conservatives always insist adamantly upon originalism).
On the surface that list actually "seems" fairly reasonable. But it's a bit like saying that because a 19 year old went on a rampage in his car, running down pedestrians and if we had prevented people from driving until they are 21 and reduced maximum speeds of cars to 5 mph, none of those people would have been mowed down.

But it misses the point. Obviously. Bad actors are gonna be bad actors. It's best if the rest of us, and ESPECIALLY THE POLICE, have the means and (in the case of the police in this case) THE WILL to do something to stop bad actors. And it might also be prudent to try to understand why our culture is producing so many bad actors these days. I have my own theories, and I'm sure you've heard them before. But they do address attributes most of these bad actors have in common.