Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-30-2017, 09:03 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Trump Threatens the FreeDumb Caucus

President Trump effectively declared war Thursday on the House Freedom Caucus, the powerful group of hard-line conservative Republicans who blocked the health-care bill, vowing to “fight them” in the 2018 midterm elections.

In a morning tweet, Trump warned that the Freedom Caucus would “hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don't get on the team, & fast." He grouped its members, all of them Republican, with Democrats in calling for their political defeat -- an extraordinary incitement of intraparty combat from a sitting president.

The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don't get on the team, & fast. We must fight them, & Dems, in 2018!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 30, 2017

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...erm-elections/

This should be fun to watch. The self-declared dealmaker with no governing philosophy other than "winning" versus a bunch of clowns who are unable to say "yes" to anything. It'll be interesting to see which side talk radio and conservative "alternative news" websites side with.

Last edited by finnbow; 03-30-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:17 AM

Clown rivalry.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:43 AM

A very interesting article on Trump.

When the President Is Ignorant of His Own Ignorance
Quote:
Because Trump is manifestly unprincipled, there are very few things he actually believes in.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/30/o...ht-region&_r=0
Old 03-30-2017, 09:57 AM

‘We Must Fight Them’: Trump Goes After Conservatives of Freedom Caucus
Quote:
On Wednesday — about 18 hours before Mr. Trump’s Twitter attack — senior officials from the White House invited two dozen leaders from conservative groups for a closed-door session to plot a path ahead.
Quote:
Mr. Trump needed to be committed to a policy of extreme transparency about contacts between Russian government officials and Trump associates during the 2016 campaign, including Michael T. Flynn, the former national security adviser, and Jared Kushner, Mr. Trump’s son-in-law.
So it looks like it's all about Russia and Trump is blindly fighting back, what seems like a losing proposition. Wonder if Trump flinches every time he hears Trump and Russia in the same breath.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/30/u...ald-trump.html
Old 03-30-2017, 10:25 AM

I wonder if he is on any psychotropic medications. He kind of reminds me of the homeless screamers in New York that you see on tv.

About the time I can me a list of his outbursts, he goes off on another tangent. It is like there is no end to his paranoia.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
President Trump effectively declared war Thursday on the House Freedom Caucus, the powerful group of hard-line conservative Republicans who blocked the health-care bill, vowing to “fight them” in the 2018 midterm elections.

In a morning tweet, Trump warned that the Freedom Caucus would “hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don't get on the team, & fast." He grouped its members, all of them Republican, with Democrats in calling for their political defeat -- an extraordinary incitement of intraparty combat from a sitting president.

The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don't get on the team, & fast. We must fight them, & Dems, in 2018!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 30, 2017

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...erm-elections/

This should be fun to watch. The self-declared dealmaker with no governing philosophy other than "winning" versus a bunch of clowns who are unable to say "yes" to anything. It'll be interesting to see which side talk radio and conservative "alternative news" websites side with.

At least Trump's being honest about not representing the people. He's a dictator and he's governing exactly as a dictator would. He and Kin Jong-Un have a lot more in common than lousy hair and filling government positions with family members.

And I disagree, this will not be fun to watch and I will fully expect our young to revolt.

Last edited by MrPots; 03-30-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
I wonder if he is on any psychotropic medications. He kind of reminds me of the homeless screamers in New York that you see on tv.

About the time I can me a list of his outbursts, he goes off on another tangent. It is like there is no end to his paranoia.
IMO, they are tantrums based on ignorance and amplified by not getting what he wants, not realizing he is not supposed to due to a system of checks and balances. But the grant of executive power tilts the system in the President's favor and Trump has Steve Bannon whispering in his ear.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
IMO, they are tantrums based on ignorance and amplified by not getting what he wants, not realizing he is not supposed to due to a system of checks and balances. But the grant of executive power tilts the system in the President's favor and Trump has Steve Bannon whispering in his ear.
I wonder if he is hearing more voices than ..............
Old 04-01-2017, 07:42 PM

How dumb can Trump and his administration get?

First Trump threatens the Freedumb Caucus for not supporting Ryancare. And now one of his advisors, a government employee, urged defeat of a Michigan member of Congress and a member of this caucus via a tweet. Besides piling it upon the caucus, apparently it's a no no for govt. employees to interject themselves directly into elections. Too bad Comey did not know this.

Trump Aide Urges Defeat of Michigan Member of Freedom Caucus

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...om-caucus.html