Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Not our citizens since most cannot spell anyway, but MS Word.
But I bet Google Translate will work.
MS Word is not all that great at spelling either. But you are right I was forgetting that the Canadians write in English (or French) and here they write in American.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:16 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Then that could hardly be called "fixing" it. Why don't they just ask Trudeau for a copy of the SinglePayer Act of Parliament in Word format, then use Find and Replace to change 'Province' to 'State'?
Why didn't Obama and the Dems just ask Canada for a copy of the SinglePayer Act of Parliament in Word format, then use Find and Replace to change 'Province' to 'State' in the first place?
Old 04-14-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Why didn't Obama and the Dems just ask Canada for a copy of the SinglePayer Act of Parliament in Word format, then use Find and Replace to change 'Province' to 'State' in the first place?
Because Nancy 'we surrender' Pelosi wanted to be credited as the author and not the editor?

Old 04-14-2017, 11:52 AM
Ready

What do Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton have in common?

Clue: Rajoo doesn't like either of them, despite his generally liberal-trending outlook....
Old 04-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
What do Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton have in common?

Clue: Rajoo doesn't like either of them, despite his generally liberal-trending outlook....
Accomplished women do tend to make men nervous, having been married to one I have seen the reaction quite often.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Accomplished women do tend to make men nervous, having been married to one I have seen the reaction quite often.
Accomplished women do not bother me in the least (silicon valley is full of them), lack of real accomplishments do bother me in both Hillary and Pelosi. They both put corporate interests first, themselves second and after that what is left?
Old 04-15-2017, 03:42 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Accomplished women do not bother me in the least (silicon valley is full of them), lack of real accomplishments do bother me in both Hillary and Pelosi. They both put corporate interests first, themselves second and after that what is left?
I disagree but regarding these accomplished women in silicon valley, their accomplishments do not seem to save them from being treated like shit according to the Atlantic magazine. It seems that the valley is no different than Fox or any other company here.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Admin

Trump-Ryan Death Pools

"Health-care policy is incredibly, unbelievably complicated. (Who knew, right?) But if you only learn about one issue, let it be this: whether insurers should charge people with preexisting conditions more because taking care of those people's medical expenses costs more.
It's the perennial sticking point in almost any health-care-reform bill, and House conservatives and President Trump might be at an impasse****about it now.
"I want it to be good for sick people. It’s not in its final form right now," Trump told Bloomberg News on Monday of****House Republicans' health-care bill. "It will be every bit as good on preexisting conditions as Obamacare."
In an interview with CBS's “Face the Nation” that aired Sunday, Trump promised to “beautifully” protect people who have preexisting medical conditions: “Preexisting conditions are in the bill — and I mandate it.”
Except, what Trump is promising is the opposite of what House Republicans are considering doing.
They are considering a bill that would allow states to allow insurers to charge sick people as much as they want for health insurance. Technically, health insurers couldn't refuse sick people insurance (like they could pre-Obamacare). But practically, sick people probably will be priced out of insurance under this legislation, since insurers could charge whatever they want, said Gary Claxton, a health-care policy expert with the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation.
“What the president says he wants is not what the amendment does,” Claxton said." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b7dcc76dbf44

Assholes.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:38 AM

"Except, what Trump is promising is the opposite of what House Republicans are considering doing."

That's because trump is a liar. His base sticks with him because his base of "conservatives" admire good liars...birds of a feather.....
Old 05-02-2017, 11:36 PM

Strike three should apply to the GOP.
Actually swing and a miss, three times.
Quote:
A failure to get the repeal bill to a vote this week would be the third time that Speaker Paul D. Ryan could not rally his considerable House majority around a legislative priority that Republicans have promised for seven years.
G.O.P. Scrambles as a Crucial Voice Shuns the Latest Health Bill

Cannot figure out why Ayn Ryan looks so happy. Maybe this was all an orchestrated plot against Trump.
I am sure Trump has some choice tweets for Ryan and the GOP tomorrow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/02/u...gin=email&_r=0