Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Legal recourse? Wonder how much legal recourse a citizen has against a slew of highly paid corporate lawyers. Fracking...how much legal recourse do landowners have for poisoned water wells and cracked foundations from earthquakes? None....
Not much, in fact I doubt if one can find a lawyer to take this case if the passenger had voluntarily deplaned.

I do agree with DQ that if I am asked to deplane under the captain's orders, I will need to by law and that refusing to do so is an offense. This is probably why most people put up a scene when evicted. In this particular instance if the passenger quietly deplanes, he by doing so is tacitly accepting the airlines offer. So this is a Catch-22 for the passenger.

I would have insisted that the Captain needs to speak to me directly while I am seated in my assigned seat and would have asked specific questions as to the value of my seat and airlines other options.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:22 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I would have insisted that the Captain needs to speak to me directly while I am seated in my assigned seat and would have asked specific questions as to the value of my seat and airlines other options.
And the Captain would have sent a security officer to deliver United's response.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
And the Captain would have sent a security officer to deliver United's response.
Then I would have said out aloud 'chicken' and 'shit' under my breath as I walked out, very very slowly making sure that I went nowhere near the cockpit door for fear getting shot.

I would have passed out my business cards on my way out requesting people to email me their videos of the encounter. Now hopefully I would have an excellent potential witness list just in case.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:07 PM

Well, Trump wants to "run the country like a business". This wasn't too different from his encouraging his idiot supporters to beat up dissenters at his campaign rallies. I imagine he's fully on board with United here.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:45 PM

I'm having a hard time with this issue. I've flown with this airline many times and have had great service and good experiences.

When husband and I got married in Chicago, the airline flew all our wedding presents back for no extra charge.
When we flew with two nine month old babies, they gave us a complimentary bottle of champaign for having such cute, well behaved babies.

I realize those were good PR gestures.... So what happened to their good customer service over the years?

I would like to think this incident was the result of poor decisions by individual employees rather than a reflection of the culture in that business..... But, I'm not so sure.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
I'm having a hard time with this issue. I've flown with this airline many times and have had great service and good experiences.

When husband and I got married in Chicago, the airline flew all our wedding presents back for no extra charge.
When we flew with two nine month old babies, they gave us a complimentary bottle of champaign for having such cute, well behaved babies.

I realize those were good PR gestures.... So what happened to their good customer service over the years?

I would like to think this incident was the result of poor decisions by individual employees rather than a reflection of the culture in that business..... But, I'm not so sure.
UA today has by far the worst reputation for customer service of any major airline, and this is well deserved, besides flying some airplanes that have seen better days. Just last month I flew United on two legs of my flight to India and I can attest to this.

I read somewhere yesterday that Southwest who flies twice as many passengers as UA has less than half as many complaints filed with FAA. The reason given was that Southwest empowers their staff and crew to resolve situations instead providing them with a manual with strict guidelines.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:06 PM

The Police are the ones who physically harmed the passenger. It could be argued the passenger was resisting and got what he desired. Not by me, but believe the Airport PD were told to remove him and overreacted with overwhelming force.

United not the mainline carrier I work for BTW if that matters, also failed in being compassionate. The staff my guess were under the ticking clock on getting the flight out on time. Passenger needing to connect in SDF and so on. Needed to get crew to SDF and had a plane waiting for the gate. Plus under staffed for the job at hand. All these issues are squarely ones United need to train and plan better for.

This lack of caring service is more the way of our society these days.Companies getting by with less workers and forgoing customer service as a goal more so rather the opposite. Going to self service or internet leaving out the human touch.

Barney
Old 04-14-2017, 12:45 PM

I'll NOT have what she's having!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0bb9638e2e2e4
Old 04-16-2017, 10:28 AM

Fliers, Do You Know Your Rights?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...le-span-region