Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:02 AM
Jigsawed

Dave I believe the reason you hate the French is Charles De Gaul...he was
a pompous bastard.

He felt everyone and everything were inferior to the "French".

Anyhow I love the French they gave sanctuary to a lot of our musicians and treated our
non white troops - especially in WW1- with respect.

Last edited by Dondilion; 03-16-2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
a pompous bastard.

Anyhow I love the French they gave sanctuary to a lot of our musicians and treated our
non white troops - especially in WW1- with respect.
In WW1 the French took our black troops, notably the 369th Regiment of the New York National Guard, away from duty as stevedores or other types of manual labor and put them in the line. Even though these soldiers had been trained for combat, the higher ups in the US Army felt they couldn't be trusted in the line. The French even had to give these American soldiers French rifles and French helmets.

At the end of the war the French awarded the French awarded the entire regiment the Croix de Guerre for their service to France. When it was time to return they had a tough time finding an American ship that would carry them and, when they got here, they weren't allowed to march in the official 1919 Victory Parade.

Sometime between the wars, the black American dancer, Josephine Baker moved to France and established her life and career there. At the outbreak of WW2 she was recruited by French intelligence to spy on the Germans. When France fell, she began working for the Free French. After the war she was awarded the Croix de Guerre, the Rosette de la Resistance (Resistance Medal) and the Legion d'Honneur.

Many American Jazz musicians, like Lester Young and Dexter Gordon, moved to France after WW2 to escape Jim Crow and white racism. Some returned but many stayed.

John

Last edited by Boreas; 03-16-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
In WW1 the French took our black troops, notably the 369th Regiment of the New York National Guard, away from duty as stevedores or other types of manual labor and put them in the line. Even though these soldiers had been trained for combat, the higher ups in the US Army felt they couldn't be trusted in the line. The French even had to give these American soldiers French rifles and French helmets.

At the end of the war the French awarded the French awarded the entire regiment the Croix de Guerre for their service to France. When it was time to return they had a tough time finding an American ship that would carry them and, when they got here, they weren't allowed to march in the official 1919 Victory Parade.

Sometime between the wars, the black American dancer, Josephine Baker moved to France and established her life and career there. At the outbreak of WW2 she was recruited by French intelligence to spy on the Germans. When France fell, she began working for the Free French. After the war she was awarded the Croix de Guerre, the Rosette de la Resistance (Resistance Medal) and the Legion d'Honneur.

Many American Jazz musicians, like Lester Young and Dexter Gordon, moved to France after WW2 to escape Jim Crow and white racism. Some returned but many stayed.

John
PBS had a very complete documentary series on theat rigimennt and other blacks who fought in WW II. I recall one sailor who was assigned as a cook's helper. When the gunner handling one of the AA guns was killed this sailor took over and got himself a Japanese aircraft.

Last edited by merrylander; 03-17-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
a pompous bastard.

Kinda like the type of Americans who profess to hate the French (i.e., the ones who harp on American exceptionalism) without having set foot in France.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Area Man

Quote:
I guess we wanted to see them fail so we could take over the show.
Then proudly claim glorious defeat ourselves. "Mission Accomplished" anyone?

Dave
Old 03-16-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
PBS had a very complete documentary series on theat rigimennt and other blacks who fought in WW II. I recall one sailor who was assigned as a cool's helper. When yj gunner handling one of the AA guns was kille this sailor took over and got himself a Japanese aircraft.
Yes, he was a mess attendant, basically a bus boy. That was at Pearl Harbor. I think there may be a famous photo of that, probably restaged like the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima.

Yes, here it is.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:08 PM
Persona non grata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSfgNuXlSY0
Old 03-17-2014, 10:33 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
They gave us more than that.

How many Frenchmen died fighting in our revolution? Look at the contributions in aviation, art and science.

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
If it weren't for the French, we would never have gained out independence from Britain in 1776.

If not for the French, the British would have taken the country back in 1812.

How could we not hate those cheese-eating bastards?

John
Agreed!

Pete
Old 03-18-2014, 01:08 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Agreed!

Pete
Commie pinko!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:01 AM
Mutated Member

Dance audition for the Moulin Rouge.

Encourage your inhibited right wing Americans to visit gorgeous France. Their hatred will be blown away instantly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dance_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg (34.4 KB, 11 views)