Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Admin

Too bad those dicks at VW don't make a pick up anymore. I've always wanted one of those chopped down micro buses. Speaking of VW, WTF was Bob Corker thinking when he screwed with that UAW vote? I mean, shit, better wages are bad for Tennessee? I've got two brothers living there and my ol' buddy Unca Sandy too. It can't be all that bad, no offense to you or that other Tennisshoean, JJIII.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Too bad those dicks at VW don't make a pick up anymore. I've always wanted one of those chopped down micro buses. Speaking of VW, WTF was Bob Corker thinking when he screwed with that UAW vote? I mean, shit, better wages are bad for Tennessee? I've got two brothers living there and my ol' buddy Unca Sandy too. It can't be all that bad, no offense to you or that other Tennisshoean, JJIII.
I used to have several V-dubs, loved them. They are a pain in the but to repair now and I'm at the age now where I don't work on a hard to work on vehicle unless I'm being paid, so that rules out owning a modern one.

Oh gosh, unions here? Ha, folks let the word union go to their heads here and it becomes a nightmare at times. In 94, I was working at a company that had a union. We were making 4 dollars an hour more than anyone else in town and our family insurance plan was 35 every other payday. I had a baby boy and had to drive through the picket line at the gate and my poor old car took a few rocks as I drove through being called every name in the book. They were on strike demanding 1 dollar more per hour and absolutly free insurance. Some of us were younger and didn't have the money to show our asses for two weeks outside the gate. It was the easiest job in town and the place also had A/C. I've never worked anywhere else that had a union because of the way the members let it go to their head where I worked before. I'm not bashing unions, I'm just saying that some places cannot have them unless the people there are level headed in the first place.

I'll add that my wife and I just talked about my post. She reminded me that our House Payment in 94 was 143.00 on a 10 year loan and during the second year at that job I was making 5.00 more than than todays average starting pay here in the same location. It was good money back then considering how cheap it was to live here. Times have sure changed.

Last edited by hillbilly; 03-22-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Well, the mmore desperate people are to get it, the more willing they'll be to pay! Unless they can't pay. Then, they just die! But hey, we have too many poor people as it is. Why waste the money on someone who offers little or no return on the investment?

See, it's easy to think like a wingnut, Bob. Just lose your sense of humanity and bada-bing! You're a conservative!

Dave
Malthus' "useless eaters".

John
Old 03-22-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Obamacare.
Right! Nothing like this ever happened before Obamascare!

You baggers are hopeless!

John
Old 03-22-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
You know drugs are getting bad when they go in and arrest 6 Ford dealership employees for dealing drugs, including a manager. People are nuts anymore.

Also, the Chevy dealer ( which I miss the good people that used work there dearly ) closed down, so that Ford dealer is the only choice we have in our county now. Not that we need a new car ( I'm still very happy with my 94 S10 ), but still.
I was in the car business for about 8 years, HB. This isn't even a little bit surprising to me. Lotta low-life MFs in sales and finance.

John
Old 03-22-2014, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Too bad those dicks at VW don't make a pick up anymore.
Yeah, whatever happened to the Rabbit diesel pick-up?

Quote:
I've always wanted one of those chopped down micro buses.
I see one of those here in Chicken City. Very cool truck!

John
Old 03-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I used to have several V-dubs, loved them. They are a pain in the but to repair now and I'm at the age now where I don't work on a hard to work on vehicle unless I'm being paid, so that rules out owning a modern one.

Oh gosh, unions here? Ha, folks let the word union go to their heads here and it becomes a nightmare at times. In 94, I was working at a company that had a union. We were making 4 dollars an hour more than anyone else in town and our family insurance plan was 35 every other payday. I had a baby boy and had to drive through the picket line at the gate and my poor old car took a few rocks as I drove through being called every name in the book. They were on strike demanding 1 dollar more per hour and absolutly free insurance. Some of us were younger and didn't have the money to show our asses for two weeks outside the gate. It was the easiest job in town and the place also had A/C. I've never worked anywhere else that had a union because of the way the members let it go to their head where I worked before. I'm not bashing unions, I'm just saying that some places cannot have them unless the people there are level headed in the first place.

I'll add that my wife and I just talked about my post. She reminded me that our House Payment in 94 was 143.00 on a 10 year loan and during the second year at that job I was making 5.00 more than than todays average starting pay here in the same location. It was good money back then considering how cheap it was to live here. Times have sure changed.
I woulda tossed a few rotten tomaters and a cabbage at you. You mountain folk are crazy throwin' rocks at each other.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Well, the mmore desperate people are to get it, the more willing they'll be to pay! Unless they can't pay. Then, they just die! But hey, we have too many poor people as it is. Why waste the money on someone who offers little or no return on the investment?

See, it's easy to think like a wingnut, Bob. Just lose your sense of humanity and bada-bing! You're a conservative!

Dave
Someone better tell Our Fearless Leader:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_258285.html

Pete
Old 03-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Someone better tell Our Fearless Leader:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_258285.html

Pete
Gee.

Too bad we don't have a Republican in the oval office, because they would sure as Hell stand up for the little people against Big Pharma, right?
Old 03-25-2014, 11:41 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Obviously what difference does it make?

Pete