Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-12-2023, 11:23 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

McCarthy Launches an Impeachment Inquiry

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said Tuesday he is directing House committees to open an impeachment inquiry into President Biden, amid pressure from some hard-right members of the Republican caucus to do so.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...n-impeachment/

McCarthy said a few days ago that he wouldn't take this step without a vote in the House. Now that it has become clear that he doesn't have the votes, he does it unilaterally (and without evidence).

Last edited by finnbow; 09-12-2023 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-12-2023, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said Tuesday he is directing House committees to open an impeachment inquiry into President Biden, amid pressure from some hard-right members of the Republican caucus to do so.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...n-impeachment/

McCarthy said a few days ago that he wouldn't take this step without a vote in the House. Now that it has become clear that he doesn't have the votes, he does it unilaterally (and without evidence.
The DJT Revenge Tour hits the big time. Whell should be ecstatic. Once again the minority of the minority party yanks Kev's chain. The Gym & Jim Follies couldn't do it now this. They know this won't work but they hope to fling enough dung against the wall to stink up the joint. Maybe after the 2024 elections we'll actually get representatives that want to govern.
Old 09-12-2023, 01:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
The DJT Revenge Tour hits the big time. Whell should be ecstatic. Once again the minority of the minority party yanks Kev's chain. The Gym & Jim Follies couldn't do it now this. They know this won't work but they hope to fling enough dung against the wall to stink up the joint. Maybe after the 2024 elections we'll actually get representatives that want to govern.
If the past is prologue, Comer and Jordan's folly will degenerate into an absolute shit show of vacuous stupidity, not that it will matter in MAGAWorld. It's all about creating the illusion that Biden is as corrupt as Trump (the very same rationale for Whell having started his lame "Biden Crime Family" whataboutism thread.
Old 09-12-2023, 02:25 PM
Admin

Poor Kevin... between Marge Green and that slimeball Matt Gaetz playing tug o' war with his sack, I'm enjoying his travails. The lunatic cannibals in the CQP will pull the ripcord and dump his speakership in the crapper.

Good.
Old 09-12-2023, 02:41 PM

Revenge being hidden as retribution and retaliation against the Democrats for having the nerve of holding accountable then to impeach Trump. (twice)

Any who still have doubts as to what a Republican President in charge of the Justice Department will be doing. Is not paying attention to the telegraphing happening right now.

Except then it will be wide spread and all encompassing into every aspect of our society.

Poor Kevin needed to pass a few bills to keep the government going. Is this the deal he had to make in order for that to happen? To stay speaker?

What a weak man. Just right for his party a follower....
Old 09-12-2023, 02:49 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Poor Kevin... between Marge Green and that slimeball Matt Gaetz playing tug o' war with his sack, I'm enjoying his travails. The lunatic cannibals in the CQP will pull the ripcord and dump his speakership in the crapper.

Good.
Here's a good one for you. In the buildup to Trump's first impeachment, his DOJ's Office of Legal Counsel issued an opinion stating that unless a formal resolution was passed by the House authorizing an impeachment (as opposed to simply declaring it as Pelosi did prior to passing such a resolution vote and as McCarthy just did) that no compulsory process (i.e., subpoenas for documents and testimony) can be enforced.

It appears that Trump and his House poodles have been hoisted with their own petard. LOL.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:04 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Here's a good one for you. In the buildup to Trump's first impeachment, his DOJ's Office of Legal Counsel issued an opinion stating that unless a formal resolution was passed by the House authorizing an impeachment (as opposed to simply declaring it as Pelosi did prior to passing such a resolution vote and as McCarthy just did) that no compulsory process (i.e., subpoenas for documents and testimony) can be enforced.

It appears that Trump and his House poodles have been hoisted with their own petard. LOL.
Even with the majority these GQP morons can't stop with the public jerking off.
Go ahead and shut down the gubmint Kevin. I double dog dare you. (grin)
Old 09-12-2023, 03:35 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Old 09-12-2023, 04:13 PM

Matt Gaetz has promised this daily routine each morning in the House.
In order: Pray, Pledge of Allegiance, Motion to Vacate.
He should have ended with "Pray again".
Old 09-12-2023, 05:02 PM
Admin

Remember those FBI whistleblowers? (aka disgruntled ex-FBI employees)(rolls eyes)

'FBI agent disputes whistleblowers’ claims about key Hunter Biden meeting'

"The FBI agent overseeing the investigation into Hunter Biden disputed whistleblower claims that the prosecutor in charge of the probe was stymied by the Justice Department, according to the transcript of an interview with lawmakers that took place last week and was obtained by The Washington Post." WP

cont. here - https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ss-sobocinski/