Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Tea Party's New Pledge - Don't Hire Anyone

The 'Baggers are trying to convince small business not to hire anybody until Obama (presumably) loses the next election. The resolution:

I, an American small business owner, part of the class that produces the vast majority of real, wealth producing jobs in this country, hereby resolve that I will not hire a single person until this war against business and my country is stopped.*

* http://www.teapartynation.com/profil...msg_share_post

What will they do if Obama loses? Not hire anyone for another 4 years? What a bunch of ignorant dipsh!ts.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:50 PM

Please run your small business into the ground so my really, really big business can make a few more billion. Hey, don't worry. My success will trickle down on you! Bwah ha ha.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:47 PM

Once again, the flea defines the dog.

You guys must set up nights looking for something to be outraged about.

Chas
Old 10-22-2011, 07:57 PM

So, its just fine for a bunch of miscreants to march throughout various cities around the globe and beg for government activism to redistribute private property, but smalll business owners can't come together and ask for the government to leave them alone for two minutes? Good grief!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
So, its just fine for a bunch of miscreants to march throughout various cities around the globe and beg for government activism to redistribute private property, but smalll business owners can't come together and ask for the government to leave them alone for two minutes? Good grief!
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm unaware of a "war against business and my country." There's definitely uncertainty about the state of the economy, but do you also buy into the "war on business and our country" rhetoric?

Personally, I find this gesture highly unpatriotic, not to mention hyperbolic and ignorant.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm unaware of a "war against business and my country." There's definitely uncertainty about the state of the economy, but do you also buy into the "war on business and our country" rhetoric?

Personally, I find this gesture highly unpatriotic, not to mention hyperbolic and ignorant.
If you owned or operated a business, particularly a small business, you'd most certainly feel like you were under siege.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:28 PM

As a small business owner, I would tell them to go fuck themselves. Arrogant assholes, trying to screw with my business, and the well being of the country, to make their political point.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
If you owned or operated a business, particularly a small business, you'd most certainly feel like you were under siege.
Under siege, eh? You seem to buy into all this "war on business" rhetoric and imagery. The current dysfunction of our government surely results in uncertainty. However, this dysfunction is bipartisan and this 'Bagger "solution" is a bad joke. Hell, it was another 'Bagger idea (the debt limit showdown) that helped to bring this dysfunction to full flower.

So do you agree that the solution to our economic problems is for businesses not to hire anyone, regardless of whether or not their business needs new employees? Feckin' brilliant. This is the epitome of "cutting off your nose to spite your face."

Last edited by finnbow; 10-22-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:43 PM

What it shows is that they hate Obama more than they love their country, and also that they put their battle with Obama ahead of the well being of American small business and the American people.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Under siege, eh? You seem to buy into all this "war on business" rhetoric and imagery. The current dysfunction of our government surely results in uncertainty. However, this dysfunction is bipartisan and this 'Bagger "solution" is a bad joke. Hell, it was another 'Bagger idea (the debt limit showdown) that helped to bring this dysfunction to full flower.

So do you agree that the solution to our economic problems is for businesses not to hire anyone, regardless of whether or not their business needs new employees? Feckin' brilliant. This is the epitome of "cutting off your nose to spite your face."
In case you've not noticed, there's very little encouragement necessary to put off hiring. Most business owners I speak with can't get working capital because credit is locked down because of gov't intervention in the markets. They're paying more for healthcare due to health reform. They're paying more in unemployment taxes because the unemployment funds in many states are upside down. Increasing regulations in the labor markets make hiring less attractive as time goes on. Meanwhile, the department of labor is increasing enforcement activities on all fronts. And, the president is out there promoting a jobs bill with token meaningless tax cuts on one hand, and tax increases on the other that will keep unionized, government workers employed. This on the heels of a mandate to put up a poster in all private businesses that encourages employees to unionize.

Yup, it's a great time to be a small business owner. That is, if you enjoy being a doormat.