Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post

The truth here is that you don't wind up cuffed in a cruiser with clean hands. Most officers would rather do anything than have to process an actual arrest...
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Just ask the hundreds of black people stopped by Winnetka Illinois police (and other north shore communities) for decades, simply for being black and driving into town. And dozens of those who ended up with their clean hands cuffed in the back seat of a police cruiser until they checked out as having clean hands after all. And most got a "sorry about that sir"? Yeh...sure.

The actual truth here is, it's called profiling Zeke. Every been profiled? Maybe it was fine with you, but I kinda fucking doubt it when it's you. Or maybe in the wacky world of the frontal cortex of Zeke...profiling is a myth.

And they do it, whether they would rather do anything than have to process an actual arrest or not, because if they get caught not profiling a sufficient number of black people they're out of a fucking job.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 09-03-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Just ask the hundreds of black people stopped by Winnetka Illinois police (and other north shore communities) for decades, simply for being black and driving into town. And dozens of those who ended up with their clean hands cuffed in the back seat of a police cruiser until they checked out as having clean hands after all. And most got a "sorry about that sir"? Yeh...sure.

The actual truth here is, it's called profiling Zeke. Every been profiled? Maybe it was fine with you, but I kinda fucking doubt it when it's you. Or maybe in the wacky world of the frontal cortex of Zeke...profiling is a myth.

And they do it, whether they would rather do anything than have to process an actual arrest or not, because if they get caught not profiling a sufficient number of black people they're out of a fucking job.
Again, you haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

1. Detained is not arrested.
2. If you're detained, there's a triggering mechanism.
3. That trigger must be quantifiable and not based in profiling.
4. If the trigger leads nowhere, you're released but still must quantify.
5. Anything else, and you're out of a job.

I assure you, nobody wants to process a non-felony arrest given any opportunity.

You're intellectually "quaint." And that's being kind.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:

The truth here is that you don't wind up cuffed in a cruiser with clean hands. Most officers would rather do anything than have to process an actual arrest...
Then you ought to admit that most is not all.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Then you ought to admit that most is not all.
Once it is admitted that you don't wind up in the back of a cruiser in complete innocence.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Ready

Quote:
Once it is admitted that you don't wind up in the back of a cruiser in complete innocence.
1. I think it could happen.

2. But never mind. If a fellow's not completely innocent, who cares? His life is worth nothing.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Plausibility is not proof. Improbability is not impossibility.

I've been handcuffed in the back of a cruiser btw, COMPLETELY 'innocent' of what they were trying to milk me of information on. Because I wasn't home the night before. Even went for a ride.

Riddle me this though - if section A of a society was X% of the population but committed a much higher percentage of all crimes than X, wouldn't you expect they'd be stopped more often?

Or is reality racism nowadays?

Pete
Old 09-04-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Plausibility is not proof. Improbability is not impossibility.

I've been handcuffed in the back of a cruiser btw, COMPLETELY 'innocent' of what they were trying to milk me of information on. Because I wasn't home the night before. Even went for a ride.

Riddle me this though - if section A of a society was X% of the population but committed a much higher percentage of all crimes than X, wouldn't you expect they'd be stopped more often?

Or is reality racism nowadays?

Pete
Or is population A targeted while Population B gets away with the same offenses? How many white kids do you think get busted for pot?
Old 09-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I've been handcuffed in the back of a cruiser btw, COMPLETELY 'innocent' of what they were trying to milk me of information on.
But were you innocent of whatever observational mechanism (tail light out?) used to illicit scrutiny?

There's never a vacuum. There's always an initiator.

That's why the first question is, "Do you know why I stopped you?"
Old 09-04-2014, 12:04 PM

There is an axiom in manufacturing that the person doing the final QC can pick up a marginal item with a preconceived notion of accepting it or rejecting it. If the notion is to reject, they will find a reason to reject it. Same concept should apply everywhere.

Of course, I expect Zeke to say that the items should not ever be marginal. Not so in the real world though.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Ice, you've never been popped for pot? Twice here. And many of my friends. It's been a long time though

Zeke O yeah it was 'shady as f*ck' as my hood friends kids might say.

I was just getting home, back when I lived in the hood. The house had a side door off the driveway (which was off an old alley), I was unlocking the door and a cop car pulled in, drew on me, handcuffed me and tossed me in the back seat.

We went for a little ride. I was being shaken down, er interrogated about a guy that was found beat up pretty badly in the alley behind the house. Unfortunately for the rozzers I wasn't home the night before so I had a great excuse for not telling them.

Almost the whole time I was 'I know my rights! You can't just take me off my property! Get these cuffs off me!' etc. They finally stopped the car, turned in unison and gave me the look of death. I think I was lucky I didn't get roughed up a little.

Pete