Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Good clean water will be a much needed commodity if not in your part of the country now it soon will be. Water treatment plants across the country are in dire need of overhaul, modernization or expansion.

What ever laws are passed by the Federal Government must be for all fifty states IIRC. Just like when the law was changed for flush toilets a few years back.

Barney
Oil will be nothing compared to the water wars when they come. We all better start talking nicely about the Bush family considering they bought one of, if not the biggest aquifier known to exisit recently.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Good clean water will be a much needed commodity if not in your part of the country now it soon will be. Water treatment plants across the country are in dire need of overhaul, modernization or expansion.

What ever laws are passed by the Federal Government must be for all fifty states IIRC. Just like when the law was changed for flush toilets a few years back.

Barney
I piss behind a tree every chance it get.

Does that make me "green"?

Chas
Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I piss behind a tree every chance it get.

Does that make me "green"?

Chas
I'm fortunate to have an area behind the garage where none of the neighbors can see me. So, when I have a project underway, whether it's audio work or putting new CV joints on my sisters P-O-S PT Cruiser, and I have to piss.....Why walk all they way into the house?

Dave
Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I'm fortunate to have an area behind the garage where none of the neighbors can see me. So, when I have a project underway, whether it's audio work or putting new CV joints on my sisters P-O-S PT Cruiser, and I have to piss.....Why walk all they way into the house?

Dave
My wife once asked why us guys go out side when there is a bathroom right inside the door. I answered because we can!

But I'm lucky, not a neighbor to worry about just trees.

Barney
Old 09-29-2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
What is the free market going to do to address water shortages? Price it out of everyone's reach?

We expect government to provide us with sufficient water for home use, manufacturing use, navigational use, irrigation. The feds are responsible for water sources that move interstate - just think of the problems there would be if upstream states diverted all of the water for their own use, or dumped all of their crap to flow into the next state. With that type of responsibility, and some real water issues in many places, isn't a regulation, which causes people to use less water, a reasonable means of meeting government's responsibility?

Regards,

D-Ray
We've had water shortages periodically in California. There are always regulations trying to restrict residential water usage; however, last I looked residential usage was relatively small compared to agriculture. If you want to restrict my shower head, then I suggest we eliminate all lawns and flowerbeds and restrict inefficient agricultural use. Come to think of it, there are all kinds of things that can be eliminated to save water. We could even go back to natural irrigation patterns, but then we'd be hungry. It's an inconvenience that makes do-gooders feel good while only marginally saving water. Just because a shower head is low flow does not mean that it will actually save water. I know from experience that it takes longer to shower with a low flow shower head. Oh, and remember that you can always cut back the flow by turning the knob. BTW, here in SD we have meters and are charged for water usage. Typically, I pay about $100-135/mo for water and sewage. The quality of that water still necessitates the purchase of bottled water for drinking.

Last edited by bhunter; 09-29-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:15 AM
Resident octogenarian

Uh gents, has anyone noted the weather lately? Even the damn sidewalk is turning green from all the rain - water shortage? Not bloody likely.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Agreed, the coming resource wars are going to be brutal. Hopefully they're far, far in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
After awhile, even the goobermitt needs to admit that the average schmuck has enough sense to wipe his own ass without their guidelines and supervision.

Go after the big fish and let me be.

Chas
LMAO!!

Btw Blue, I called my SOs PT Cruiser the 'PC Cruiser'. Accurate description.

Pete
Old 09-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Agreed, the coming resource wars are going to be brutal. Hopefully they're far, far in the future.

LMAO!!

Btw Blue, I called my SOs PT Cruiser the 'PC Cruiser'. Accurate description.

Pete
Say hello to Neon.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Area Man

Pete,

I hate that thing. Constant maintenance hassle. She NEVER cleans it. What kills me is that it's a virtual rolling dumpster, but, everytime it breaks down she borrows my truck and then complains that it smells "musty". Of course it does, it's my work vehicle, it's smells of sweat and stale coffee------But, it ISN'T full of friggin' trash!

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 09-29-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Hehehe. I've got the opposite problem. Heck when I'm reading the paper I don't dare set it down - it'll vanish. My friends say I'm lucky, but try it sometime.

I was so glad when we found a sucker er I mean buyer for that thing and it left the driveway.

But hoo boy was the SO upset! She loved that car. And it was neat, and useful. When it was running. And it got worse mpg than my Grand Marquis! Does yours have any original bushings left?

Pete