Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Or maybe it is just the GOP imitating the BORG.

Regards,

D-Ray
Nah, they're just doing something right.

It's called working within the system.

Chas
Old 10-07-2011, 01:36 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Nah, they're just doing something right.

It's called working within the system.

Chas
To make the symbiotic bond between business and government ever stronger. What they're doing may be "doing something right" to help them reach their goals. But, they're nothing but stooges for the machine, protecting their masters from tax hikes. ( And we aint their masters, that's for damn sure.)

I would love to see them fail.

Dave
Old 10-07-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
To make the symbiotic bond between business and government ever stronger. What they're doing may be "doing something right" to help them reach their goals. But, they're nothing but stooges for the machine, protecting their masters from tax hikes. ( And we aint their masters, that's for damn sure.)

I would love to see them fail.

Dave
If I thought their goals were the same as you do, I would like to see them fail as well.

I see their goals to be to break the bond between corporations and business, end corporate welfare, restrain the government, and create an environment for business which doesn't drive them offshore.

Chas
Old 10-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
If I thought their goals were the same as you do, I would like to see them fail as well.

I see their goals to be to break the bond between corporations and business, end corporate welfare, restrain the government, and create an environment for business which doesn't drive them offshore.

Chas
Strange how that works, GE does not pay taxes yet they are still moving their medical instrument and jet engine business to China. If y'all need an MRI or CAT scan better get it now, And when y'all take that next flight if it does not say Pratt & Whitney on the engine nacelle, take a train.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Area Man

"break the bond between corporations and business"

Looks like something you'd see on a picket at one of their rallies.

And, no, you're wrong anyways. That might be what they think they're doing.

But it's not.

What's happening is that the lines between the government and business are being erased.

Wall Streeters sipping Champagne and laughing as the cops beating the shit out of Americans
for daring to exercize their rights. That's the America your idiotic "Tea Party" is fighting for.

Orwell could never have dreamed up such a thing.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-08-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"break the bond between corporations and business"

Looks like something you'd see on a picket at one of their rallies.

And, no, you're wrong anyways. That might be what they think they're doing.

But it's not.

What's happening is that the lines between the government and business are being erased.

Wall Streeters sipping Champagne and laughing as the cops beating the shit out of Americans
for daring to exercize their rights. That's the America your idiotic "Tea Party" is fighting for.

Orwell could have dreamed up such a thing.

Dave
And I thought I was a malcontent.

Chas
Old 10-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Courtesy of Dana Milbank of the WashPost (with regard to the Tea Party and the Occupy Wall St. crowd):

"Truth is they're angry about exactly the same thing but have found different villains. It always baffled me that the Tea Party, based in populism, wound up defending low taxes for millionaires and light regulation of business."
Old 10-07-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Strange how that works, GE does not pay taxes yet they are still moving their medical instrument and jet engine business to China. If y'all need an MRI or CAT scan better get it now, And when y'all take that next flight if it does not say Pratt & Whitney on the engine nacelle, take a train.
I imagine that most in the Tea Party would like to change that.

Chas
Old 10-07-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Courtesy of Dana Milbank of the WashPost (with regard to the Tea Party and the Occupy Wall St. crowd):

"Truth is they're angry about exactly the same thing but have found different villains. It always baffled me that the Tea Party, based in populism, wound up defending low taxes for millionaires and light regulation of business."
I can see why Dana Milbank is baffled, considering he has apparently drawn his conclusions from the DNC talking points.

Chas
Old 10-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Resident octogenarian

DNC - RNC - whatever, has it yet to dawn on everyone that the elite are apolitical? They will use whatever and whoever they can to continue enriching themselves at our expense. It is rather obvious that people can be bought and they will buy whoever they have to buy.

Last edited by merrylander; 10-08-2011 at 11:42 AM.