Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:42 AM

evil electronics empire

ever since i signed up at ak, I hear all this talk about recapping this, recapping that, blah blah blah. Well, in all my years of buying used audio gear, Ive never fired up an old amp to have it explode on me, sending razor sharp ribbons of foil at me at hi velocities. It only leads me to believe that there are evil forces among us, bent on taking over the world!!
So, we all must refrain from buying capacitors, no matter what the situation!
It is also imperative that you check your aluminum foil hat to see that it hasnt been replaced with an inferior grade mylar beanie!

RICE CAKES!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Resident octogenarian

What are caps?
Old 12-20-2009, 09:57 AM

I've seen more than a few give up the ghost, but I've never had one catch on fire.

Just don't replace that 3 amp fuse with a 30 to hold you over until the hardware store opens!!!!

Chas
Old 12-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
What are caps?

What AK mods bust in peoples ass's.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Area Man

The only evil, dark forces I see in the electronics industry are the degenerates who keep convincing people that I-pods are high quality sound. If you sell some tinny sounding little piece of shit that holds 86,000,000,000 songs and fits under your finger nail, fine. But tell people it's about convenience, don't lie to us and try to pass it off as "Hi Fi".
And what is with the prices? You gotta know damn well it prolly cost them $5 a pop to have those assembled in some southeast Asian sweatshop. But they want me to go to Best Buy and finance one?

On a cold day in Hell, my friends.

Dave
Old 12-21-2009, 04:45 AM

And thats another thing, them ipods. All some kinda voodoo I tell ya! No moving parts and there be music comin outta it! Pretty soon we wont need they're machines, it will be extrabliminally (my own new word) broadcast to us and picked up by special implants.
I gotta go, I think I just saw a chupacabra in my heater duct.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:09 AM
Area Man

Oh, I hate that! Had one messing with my toilet tank last weekend. Better go take care of it.

Dave
Old 12-21-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
The only evil, dark forces I see in the electronics industry are the degenerates who keep convincing people that I-pods are high quality sound. If you sell some tinny sounding little piece of shit that holds 86,000,000,000 songs and fits under your finger nail, fine. But tell people it's about convenience, don't lie to us and try to pass it off as "Hi Fi".
And what is with the prices? You gotta know damn well it prolly cost them $5 a pop to have those assembled in some southeast Asian sweatshop. But they want me to go to Best Buy and finance one?

On a cold day in Hell, my friends.

Dave
There you go again...pickin' on the I-Pod.

Do they come in a box of Crackerjacks yet?

Buddy of mine was extolling the virtues of the "Pod". When I told him that I was concerned about the audio qualities of one, he told me "You wouldn't believe how good they sound."

Never heard one, but he's right...I don't believe it!!!!

If there is one major downside to Bugtussell, it's the lack of interest concerning anything that even resembles high end audio. Around here, Pioneer from Best Buy is as good as it gets. Say "Bose" and people get a look on their face like they're a fundamentalist getting ready to kiss a snake. And that's a fact.

I'm a stranger in a strange land on this score.

Chas
Old 12-21-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Say "Bose" and people get a look on their face like they're a fundamentalist getting ready to kiss a snake. And that's a fact.
Me too.

John
Old 12-21-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Me too.

John
To tell the truth, John, I never realized just what a limited amount of "cranks" the "audiophobe" community consisted of...until I got on the WWB.

I suppose the big boys with deep pockets walk into a high dollar boutique and say "Give me the best!" Somebody has to buy this stuff up front, I only suppose that I really can't appreciate just how just poor I really am.

But when I cruise these forms, it's always the little guy with a limited budget who participates. Hell, when I search some of the stuff I've got, I pop up.

Can't help to suspect that if it's a trophy wife, a Labroghini, or a villa, all you have to do is drop a pile of change, and it proves that you've arrived.

Wonder if they're willing to take a percentage on what they've got once they're bored.

Bottom line is, I don't realize just how poor I am.

Chas