Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:23 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Here's an example of the chickenshit that passes for journalism from the IN THE TANK FOR CLINTON media. I'm just going to focus on what the dipshit author wrote about Medicare, since that's what this thread is about.

http://www.commondreams.org/views/20...d-his-policies

Are you fucking shitting me? "The question going forward, however, is did we elect President Donald Trump or President Paul Ryan?" Jesus Christ Almighty.

TRUMP IS THE GODDAMNED PRESIDENT MORON!

And then there's this shit:

Attentive or shrewd enough? Trump has just gotten finished making fools of the entire Republican and Democratic establishment. And this idiot is suggesting that he's not smart enough to use his Veto power?
Power resides where men think it resides. Screaming from you will have very little effect.

Trumop is smart enough to use the veto (probably). But will he see it in his interest to do so? Because that is the question.

The only question.

Last edited by donquixote99; 11-27-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
If republican politicians did not so embody racism, bigotry and fascism perhaps it would be considered assault, but since republicans pretty much embrace those "values", it's nothing but the truth.
Right. I go out of my way to elect racists, bigots and fascists. I demand to see those qualities on their political resumes before I vote for anyone for elected office.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The issue really is whether Trump has any intention of implementing anything he ran on. He's flip-flopped on nearly everything already.
Trump is a straight arrow when compared to Barry on flips.

I came across this a couple weeks ago in WaPo, dated Feb 2008. It talks about his flip flops during his campaign and gets even funnier when you compare these to what he did during his 8 years. For example:

The Cuba embargo In January 2004, Obama said it was time "to end the embargo with Cuba" because it had "utterly failed in the effort to overthrow Castro." Speaking to a Cuban American audience in Miami in August 2007, he said he would not "take off the embargo" as president because it is "an important inducement for change."

Maybe, like Hillary, the Bamster has his "public and private positions" on issues.

But no flip flop by any president or president elect will ever compare to the one of the biggest whoppers of all time:

"'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it." That one was even voted "Lie of the Year", and I'd suggest that was being kind.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:22 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
"'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it." That one was even voted "Lie of the Year", and I'd suggest that was being kind.
I liked my Health Plan.

So I kept it.

And my premiums have only gone up 60% since Obummercare was passed. Co-pays and deductibles have gone up too.

Thanks Obummer!
Old 11-28-2016, 09:37 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
There are hundreds of examples nationwide that you are obviously intentionally blind to. If you're truly interested, find them yourself. For starters, however, I'll give you Richard Spencer and his merry band of neo-Nazis who met to celebrate Trump's victory in the Ronald Reagan building, a Federal building on Pennsylvania avenue a couple of blocks from the White House. Then spend a few days on Breitbart.com to better understand the political philosophy of Trump's foremost political advisor, Steve Bannon (whose first choice of puppet to install (with Russia's help) and manipulate as President was Sarah Palin). Trump was his second choice who he described as a "blunt instrument" to implement his white-nationalist agenda.

I understand your desire to ignore these things in favor of believing that Trump is indeed the only guy who can fix the country (itself symptomatic of fascism). If you find staying ignorant to be blissful, knock yourself out. The Germans were also blissful about Hitler for almost a decade ... until they weren't.
Quote:
You could have saved yourself a lot of typing and copy/pasting and just said "I don't know", or "I don't have any quotes that support my statement".
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist.". (Don't recall who said that.)

These people are real, Mike. They exist and they are right wingers.

Remember when Sam Giancana tried to claim there was no such thing as the Mafia? He was full of shit. More recently, Frank Ancona tried to claim the Klan isn't racist. He's full of shit too.

Trying to claim there is nothing racist about these characters, at least one of whom has identified himself as a leader of the "alt-right", are not white supremacists is absurd.

As I've been saying for years; "They can't keep a lid on it forever.".

It's becoming obvious what the far right of the Republican Party is all about. More obvious with each passing day.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
It's becoming obvious what the far right of the Republican Party is all about. More obvious with each passing day.
You're just catching on? Hell, the Republicans have been branded by the left as the home of fascism and racism for years now. C'mon, get with the program!
Old 11-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Area Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=LrKC4syl9d4

Hear all of the arguments this Republican candidate for State Senate and former KKK Grand Wizard uses to prove he isn't a racist?

They're the same arguments we hear coming from the right all day long.

Think that's a coincidence? I don't.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Area Man

Quote:
You're just catching on? Hell, the Republicans have been branded by the left as the home of fascism and racism for years now. C'mon, get with the program!
That's because they are.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:50 AM
Area Man

You're the one who needs to "...get with the program!". Oh, I see you are. My bad.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=LrKC4syl9d4

Hear all of the arguments this Republican candidate for State Senate and former KKK Grand Wizard uses to prove he isn't a racist?

They're the same arguments we hear coming from the right all day long.

Think that's a coincidence? I don't.
All day long? Really? I sure don't hear it, but maybe you're tuned to an extra special frequency that I'm not.

Meanwhile, Bill Clinton can say to Ted Kennedy: “A few years ago, he (Barack Obama) would have been getting us coffee.” But that doesn't bother you.

Hillary Clinton can call her campaign manager an "f*cking Jew bastard.” No worries there, huh? Hillary can engage in "lame attempts at humor" when joking about Mahatma Gandhi running a gas station in St. Louis. A perfectly understandable and excusable gaffe, right?

Jessie Jackson can famously call New York "Hymie-town". No big deal.

Joe Biden thought it was remarkable that Barack Obama was "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy". So what? Or what about when he told an Indian - American supporter that "you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking." Ah, that's just Joe being Joe, right?

How about good ol' Harry Reid observing that Obama was a ‘light-skinned’ African American with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one. Maybe Harry was just having problems with his glasses that day...or his hearing....or something.

“I’ll have those n**gers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” – Lyndon B. Johnson. Ah, so what. That was years ago.

I think your indignation is...um...a bit selective.