Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:38 PM
reflexionar

Thanks Eric, but a link would have been OK
Old 12-16-2012, 01:44 PM

I figured seeing the list was more impressive!

I actually trimmed it a fair bit also. I much prefer, when practicable, to keep the info in the thread rather than linked. I've found some great old threads on AK that become useless because the link is dead.

Last edited by Bigerik; 12-16-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:50 PM
reflexionar

So seeing as how the Soviet SKS wasn't on the list the first rifle would be unrestricted and I could actually own the second pictured gun as long as it only had a 5 round magazine then?
Old 12-16-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
So seeing as how the Soviet SKS wasn't on the list the first rifle would be unrestricted and I could actually own the second pictured gun as long as it only had a 5 round magazine then?
Could be
Old 12-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Admin

Thanks for posting that Erik. Canada seems to have done it right.
MP, I'm all for temporarily increasing our police forces during the gathering up phase of implementation of similar laws here. One restriction I would insist on is that the gun mfgs. and their lobbyists be prohibited from writing or having any input whatsoever into the drafting of said laws.

I'm done with this subject except that I'll be lobbying my President and Congress as aggressively as I can to do away with most firearms. Take up fencing for a hobby.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
A thought.

The right to bare arms is guaranteed in the consitution - some debate as to it meaning, but it is there.

The right to buy ammunition is not.

Out law premade or manufactured ammunition and control who can buy the supplies and tools to make ammunitions.

Just a thought like I said.
Let's examine the 2nd Amendments text as ratified by the states in 1791:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Until very recently, when the nine kings and queens of the US ruled that individuals have the right to bear arms without that first clause, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state." getting in the way. So, effectively the the SCOTUS rewrote the Second amendment to read, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." completely ignoring the first half of the amendment.

A true "strict Constitutionalist would interpret the 2nd amendment to mean that people could own a muzzle loaded rifle, pistol, or a blunderbuss to be called into service at anytime to serve in a "well regulated militia." The founding fathers never envisioned Glock "9's" with thirty round clips or AR15's with 100 round clips.

Don't kid yourself, the semi-auto assault style weapons can be more deadly than a fully automatic weapon. Even the modern military M-16 is no longer fully automatic, short burst or single shot only. If you have ever fired a full auto weapon, and I have, it is very difficult to control. It is fun though.

I am by no means an anti-gun nut. I have owned hundreds of firearms since I was eleven yeas old. I love to shoot. Many of my Liberal and Conservative friends love to hunt and shoot at the range with me.

In the Newtown shooting the weapons that belonged to the crazy survivalist mother should have never been accessible to her obviously mentally ill son. Owning all those weapons did not do a damn thing to save her life; did they?

There has to be some logical controls on high capacity clips. I think any clip should not hold more than seven shots. Pausing to reload in the most recent shooting could have saved lives. More heavy doors locked to protect the children in the pause between reloading and shooting. This psycho was not a pro by any stretch of the imagination. Reloading would have taken more time with smaller capacity clips.

Then we have to discuss the underlying problems with our society. The 20 year old MAN was living with his mother. He should have been out on his own, going to college, or working to provide for himself. The feeling of depression and worthlessness will drive people insane.

It is a fact that these mass killings have accelerated rapidly in the 2000's. This correlates with the massive income inequality and the lack of jobs for the disappearing middle class.

Income disparity has been proven in study after study that if monkeys, human children, apes, etc... are unfairly rewarded in their environment the losers tend to become violent.

A subject for another thread.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Sounds logical, and I don't have any problem with CC licensing, got a permit myself. It's not an Alaska permit, because we have no requirement. Anyone can carry concealed here, yet (check the stats) our murder rate with firearms is way, way down the list, so the numbers don't support the notion.
Your total population is also way, way, down. Plus there is the survival of the community mentality in Alaska. Winters can be brutal and depressing.

I have also experienced this bonding when I lived in Northern Indiana in the late 70's. The Winters were brutal. We would walk to friends houses in four feet of snow in temps well below 0*F. We were snowed in for weeks with nothing but a stereo and two spotty UHF stations out of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne on the black and white TV. We would congregate at times at different peoples houses and pool our resources for days. Nobody was shot, no gun murders occurred, life was fine on the hard maple tree lined streets of the little town of 1400 people. Thank God we were only 1.5 hours from Chicago. In better weather it was my only saviour.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:40 PM

I would like to see it headed this way. Works for them.

http://rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm
Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 PM

Thanks Erik! I need to go back for a few details but it looks like I can shoot my Semi auto .22 rifle all I want and still have my 25 round magazines. I just gotta make sure that 10 round, semi-auto Ruger Mark II is good and I'm a happy guy.

.22 is about all I can afford to shoot anyways and I find it to be very enjoyable. When you can call your shots at 100 yards with a semi-auto .22 pistol you know you're havin fun.

BC looks better and better...
Old 12-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
I would like to see it headed this way. Works for them.

http://rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm

O hush up, bless your heart... Never heard of no Tennessean lookin' up to Georgia.

Last edited by bobabode; 12-17-2012 at 09:08 PM.