Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
We could have accepted the Taliban's offer to turn bin Laden over to a neutral third party government.

But then what would have become of the pipeline?

Or all those minerals!

John
As noted in another thread I still see all those good muslims dancing in the streets on 9/11. I also see those beautiful faces at the end of the Newshour, all the God Damned minerals and oil there are not worth one of those lives, nor worth any of our tears at the waste of their lives. Karzai and his crooked brother stealing millions of the aid money. If they turned Afghanistan into a glass lined pit the world might be better off.

As far as the Taliban goes the world would definitely be a better place if they all miraculously disappeared. The are somewhere below baboons on the evolutionary scale.

Last edited by merrylander; 09-08-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
As noted in another thread I still see all those good muslims dancing in the streets on 9/11. I also see those beautiful faces at the end of the Newshour, all the God Damned minerals and oil there are not worth one of those lives, nor worth any of our tears at the waste of their lives. Karzai and his crooked brother stealing millions of the aid money. If they turned Afghanistan into a glass lined pit the world might be better off.

As far as the Taliban goes the world would definitely be a better place if they all miraculously disappeared. The are somewhere below baboons on the evolutionary scale.

nothing to disagree with here.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
As noted in another thread I still see all those good muslims dancing in the streets on 9/11.
That's a lot like what's going to go down in Gainesville this weekend, a pure orgy of hate. Would you like others to characterize all Americans on the basis of those people?

Also, to counterbalance the hateful people in Patterson and The Palestinian Territories, there were candlelight vigils in Teheran and other Muslim cities. Guess which demonstrations got all the airtime.

Quote:
I also see those beautiful faces at the end of the Newshour, all the God Damned minerals and oil there are not worth one of those lives, nor worth any of our tears at the waste of their lives.
Agreed but perhaps your blaming the wrong people.

Quote:
Karzai and his crooked brother stealing millions of the aid money. If they turned Afghanistan into a glass lined pit the world might be better off.
The world will be far worse off if "they" (I think you really mean "we") use nukes anywhere.

Quote:
The only thing in this post I can't disagree with.

John
Old 09-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
That's a lot like what's going to go down in Gainesville this weekend, a pure orgy of hate. Would you like others to characterize all Americans on the basis of those people?

Also, to counterbalance the hateful people in Patterson and The Palestinian Territories, there were candlelight vigils in Teheran and other Muslim cities. Guess which demonstrations got all the airtime.

The world will be far worse off if "they" (I think you really mean "we") use nukes anywhere.

John
your problem John is that you are just too rational
Old 09-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:

Still waiting for the groundswell of imams denouncing terrorism

No, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz will someday answer to a higher power than me.

Yes so we hamstring our troops with worry about civilians, so tell me have the Taliban taken to wearing shoulder patches?

John
Afghanistan is one big cesspit we should merely leave it to its own devices. We send fortunes in aid to these countries whenever there is a disaster, are we thanked? Not bloody likely. Where was the aid from the rich ME countries for Haiti?, for Katrina?. For any of the disasters that seem to be increasing. Don't hold your breath.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It was my unserstanding that the only pro American rally in the ME outside the imperialist Israel was in Teheran.

Pete
Old 09-08-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
It was my unserstanding that the only pro American rally in the ME outside the imperialist Israel was in Teheran.

Pete
Maybe. I dunno and, since even one, especially that one, makes my point, I'm not going to bother trying to look it up.

As for Israel, the government there (as opposed to the people) were rubbing their hands together thinking we would finally get on board with them and "take out" Syria, Iran and any other Muslim nation they didn't want to get along with.

John
Old 09-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Only in the city, by the folks who were just viciously beat down in the green movement.

Pete
Old 09-08-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Only in the city, by the folks who were just viciously beat down in the green movement.

Pete
You know this how? And why weren't they beaten down then?

John
Old 09-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I followed it while it happened.

Unless the Supreme Leader of Iran has a soft spot for the US.

Pete