Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
If by "staying alive" you mean generating terror.
If by "generating terror" you mean in the hearts and minds of murderous Islamic radicals.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:27 PM
Banned

I thought I would revisit the issue of the difference between Hamas, Isis and Al-Qaeda being that the former is interested only in securing a homeland for poor oppressed Palestinians and not the establishment of a Caliphate...

Article 33 of the Hamas charter:
The Islamic Resistance Movement, being based on the common coordinated and interdependent conceptions of the laws of the universe, and flowing in the stream of destiny in confronting and fighting the enemies in defense of the Moslems and Islamic civilization and sacred sites, the first among which is the Aqsa Mosque, urges the Arab and Islamic peoples, their governments, popular and official groupings, to fear Allah where their view of the Islamic Resistance Movement and their dealings with it are concerned. They should back and support it, as Allah wants them to, extending to it more and more funds till Allah's purpose is achieved when ranks will close up, fighters join other fighters and masses everywhere in the Islamic world will come forward in response to the call of duty while loudly proclaiming: Hail to Jihad. Their cry will reach the heavens and will go on being resounded until liberation is achieved, the invaders vanquished and Allah's victory comes about.

The above is clearly a call for worldwide jihad...an Islamic Caliphate.

Fathi Hammad, Hamas Minister of Interior and National Security, November 2013:
"We look forward to future victories, in which, Allah willing, we will liberate our land, our Jerusalem, our Al-Aqsa [Mosque], our cities and our villages, Allah willing, all this in preparation for establishing the next Islamic Caliphate. Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are at the brink of a period of global Islamic culture, whose fuel is Gaza, whose spearhead is Gaza, its Jihad fighters (Mujahideen) and commanders are Gaza, Allah willing…"

Gaza is nothing more than the stepping off point for the next Islamic Caliphate.

Official Hamas cleric Muhsen Abu 'Ita, 2008:
Palestine's blessing is linked to destruction of the center of global corruption, the snake's head [Israel]. When the snake's head of [global] corruption is cut off, here in Palestine, and when the octopus's tentacles are cut off around the world, the real blessing will come with the destruction of the Jews, here in Palestine, and it is one of the splendid real blessings in Palestine. A greater blessing will come later, praise Allah, the Lord of the worlds, with the establishment world-wide of a rightly-guided Caliphate."

So much for the differences between Hamas, Isis and Al-Qaeda. Finn...you're in bed with the philosophical and operational partners of the same people who have been slaughtering innocent "infidels" in Syria, and the philosophical and operational partners of the same people who incinerated and crushed 3,000 innocent people to death on 9/11.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 08-26-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
So much for the differences between Hamas, Isis and Al-Qaeda. Finn...you're in bed with the philosophical and operational partners of the same people who have been slaughtering innocent "infidels" in Syria, and the philosophical and operational partners of the same people who incinerated and crushed 3,000 innocent people to death on 9/11.
I'm in bed with Hamas? With all due respect, you're a fucking idiot.

Bibi introduced the Hamas=ISIS meme to the foreign press just after the Foley beheading video was made public in a cynical attempt to quash foreign criticism of Israel's tactics in Gaza. It seems to have worked on you, less so on others.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/israe...q-extremists-0

Last edited by finnbow; 08-26-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

Bibi introduced the Hamas=ISIS meme to the foreign press just after the Foley beheading video was made public in a cynical attempt to quash foreign criticism of Israel's tactics in Gaza. It seems to have worked on you, less so on others.

Another candidate for the ignore list old friend.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post

So just because Bibi and I are on the same side of an argument the argument is automatically wrong. Yeh...and I'm the fucking idiot.

You think Bibi's comments have anything to do with the history I've presented. His comments don't have a fuckwad worth of anything to do with the information I've presented, unless he used the same section of the Hamas charter and the same quotes from the same high ranking Hamas officials. In which case you'll be wrong about Bibi as well as wrong about everything else you hold up Hamas to be. Hamas is cut from the same cloth as Isis and Al-Qaeda as documented from their own charter and from their own mouths. And a long time before Bibi uttered Hamas=ISIS.

You said Hamas was not seeking a Caliphate. Their own charter says Hamas' goal is an Islamic Caliphate around the world. Their own people identify their goal as an Islamic Caliphate. How's about you zip your spine back in, retrieve your cojones from out your other pants, ditch the frothy righteous indignation, and acknowledge that you've been proven wrong.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I've gotta say, I think a great way to insult the Israelites would be by saying they're acting like Hamas.

Pete
Old 08-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I've gotta say, I think a great way to insult the Israelites would be by saying they're acting like Hamas.

Pete
And a great way to weed out the anti-Semites.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Anti semite, racist, nazi, they'll get the hackles up.

Pete
Old 08-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Rational Anarchist

I just downloaded a copy of the Hamas Charter (http://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp) and searched for caliphate (one hit) and Israel (four hits). Pertinent sentences follow:

"They were behind World War I, when they were able to destroy the Islamic Caliphate, making financial gains and controlling resources."

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it." The other three Israel hits do not mention its right to exist.

It also has this to say about other Islamic movements:

"The Islamic Resistance Movement views other Islamic movements with respect and appreciation. If it were at variance with them on one point or opinion, it is in agreement with them on other points and understandings. It considers these movements, if they reveal good intentions and dedication to Allah, that they fall into the category of those who are trying hard since they act within the Islamic circle. Each active person has his share."

Last edited by nailer; 08-26-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Lest anyone believe that Bibi wants peace more than he wants land on the West Bank, read on:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...865_story.html