Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
To fix it would be that everyone vote straight Democratic ticket and elect a Democratic House and Senate. One must remember that single payer would require a significant transfer of wealth via taxation and higher taxes for everyone also. Replacing insurance companies would make everyone happy for a while but then the anger would be directed at whatever name our new National Health care system would have, which would probably Medicare For All.

And there would be significant rationing. Cataracts, knee repairs, laser surgery, torn rotator cuffs would have longer repair times. Of course private plans would still be around for those able to afford it.

I would vote for it. However I don't think the people continually sending Congresspersons that oppose it over and over again to Washington will. Or they don't know that they are voting against their own self-interests.

I favor the single payer system.
I don't mind paying taxes if the money is well spent.
Rationing occurs now with insurance companies. For every procedure, we must get approval from insurance. Sometimes they approve, sometimes not. I would much rather someone make those decisions who isn't concerned about their profit margin like an insurance company is.
I think we will eventually have single payer..... I'm just not sure it will happen while I'm still around to benefit from it.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:01 AM

I understand the need and comfort for having the same doctor but in reality that does not happen for very long. Change is constant. My primary HCPs are Family Practice residents that get changed out every two years so I am used to it. Some I like more than others.

Plus once you get out of the basic care phase and need to see spe************************ts and have surgeries you are going to get what is available in your area and your choice will be limited to that. Unless you can afford to go to the Cleveland Clinic or other places like that.

I have worked in ERs for 20 years so I see things from the inside.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:55 PM

If I could wave a magic wand, I would make everything realated to health care a "not for profit business". Sure, cover all of your expenses, pay all of the slaraies, and well too. Maybe even allow a certain amount of reserve funds to be built for emergencies. But as a whole, not for profit.

I kid about have half a dozen pairs of sock that cost $500 each. These are the ones that have the little silicone wavy's on the bottom, the ones they put on your feet if you are admitted to a hospital.

I worked for two different bio-medical companies during my working career. One made blood tubing sets for a kidney dialysis machine. Our cost was just a little over $6 per set. We sold them for about $130 per set. The insurance companies were being billed about $600 for these. That cost didn't include the price of the procedure either.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:00 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
I kid about have half a dozen pairs of sock that cost $500 each. These are the ones that have the little silicone wavy's on the bottom, the ones they put on your feet if you are admitted to a hospital.

I worked for two different bio-medical companies during my working career. One made blood tubing sets for a kidney dialysis machine. Our cost was just a little over $6 per set. We sold them for about $130 per set. The insurance companies were being billed about $600 for these. That cost didn't include the price of the procedure either.
That's the kind of thing that people should be burned at the stake for.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
That's the kind of thing that people should be burned at the stake for.
No, that's typical american capitalism. Fuck em for everything you can. These people aren't burned at the stake, they're awarded with 25 million dollar bonuses.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Persona non grata

I can't verify it, but I saw something on the net that seemed to indicate that the Republican health care credits would only apply to people under 65.

So I guess the feeling is that those of us on Medicare are subsidized enough already and we won't get any help with the cost of insurance we buy to cover what Medicare doesn't.

Oh well, to be honest I didn't get shit for help from Obummercare and I never expected to get shit from the Republicans either, so it's a wash for me.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:27 AM

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...224-story.html

The other viewpoint besides our resident bugaboo.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...224-story.html

The other viewpoint besides our resident bugaboo.
She's 55?

What a lardass.

I look a helluva lot better than that and I'm pushing 70.

There's an 82 year old Dude that walks the same trail that my wife and I walk everyday and he looks better than her. A lot better.

No wonder she has diabetes and heart problems.

The cancer I don't know. Could be bad luck, or if she smokes, then that's on her too.

I want everybody to have healthcare. Cheap single payer like Medicare. But Dayum, lift a finger to take care of yourself too.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
She's 55?

What a lardass.

I look a helluva lot better than that and I'm pushing 70.

There's an 82 year old Dude that walks the same trail that my wife and I walk everyday and he looks better than her. A lot better.

No wonder she has diabetes and heart problems.

The cancer I don't know. Could be bad luck, or if she smokes, then that's on her too.

I want everybody to have healthcare. Cheap single payer like Medicare. But Dayum, lift a finger to take care of yourself too.
Didn't you say you have a stent?
Old 03-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Didn't you say you have a stent?
Yes I do.

So does George W. Bush

I got mine at the age of 67 years and 11 months.

He got his at 67 years and 2 months.

And our physical fitness regimens are very similar.

But you know what?

My dad died of a heart attack at 45.

My mother died of a heart attack at 53.

So with those genes, I'd say I'm doing pretty good.