Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-07-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
1) I think you'll find that the public's opinions on abortion really haven't changed that much over time. Gallup has been tracking the polling on this for decades. According to their data, as I read it, the most notable migration of opinion is from those who think abortion shouldn't be allowed at all to those who think abortion should be allowed only in limited circumstances. In other words, based on Gallups decades of tracking, most folks still don't think abortion on demand is OK.
Let's look at the polls factually, without a raging conservative's blatant bias, shall we?

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/07/10972...contort-their-

Quote:
The draft opinion — which can still change — showed that conservative justices at the Supreme Court support outright overturning Roe.

That is an unpopular position with most Americans, who support abortion rights with some restrictions. Here's what recent surveys said:

CNN/SSRS: 66% said they do not support overturning Roe, while 34% did.

The Pew Research Center: Just 8% said abortion should be illegal in all cases, no exceptions. Broadening it out, roughly 37% said it should be illegal in most or all cases. But even among that group, there are sizable portions that said it should be legal in if the pregnancy threatens the life or health of the mother (46%) or if it is the result of a rape (36%).

Monmouth University: Just 11% said abortion should always be illegal. Another quarter said it should be illegal with exceptions for rape, incest or to save the life of the mother.

YouGov: 24% said Roe should be overturned, while 55% said it should not.

Fox News: 27% said it should be overturned; 63% said no.

ABC News/Washington Post: 28% said Roe should be overturned, 54% said it should be upheld. (Just 16% said abortion should be illegal in all circumstances.)

Gallup: 19% said abortion should be illegal in all circumstances; 48% said it should be legal only under certain circumstances; 32% said it should be legal in all circumstances. And 47% said abortion is morally acceptable, the highest ever recorded in two decades of Gallup asking the question. (46% said it is not morally acceptable.)
So, doing some simple math (which conservatives are apparently incapable of): 48+32=80% are in favor of abortion with some or no restrictions. That's what the Gallup poll actually says.

Last edited by Chicks; 05-07-2022 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:16 AM

Republicans have delivered on Roe v. Wade. They may regret it.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/op...261012177.html

Anyone who thinks this isn't a religious political issue is utterly clueless. Blue wave coming? Let's hope so. This highly politicized SCOTUS is itching to take away many more rights. They've already decimated the Voting Rights act, remember.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:25 AM

Sen. Collins: 'Completely inconsistent' that Gorsuch, Kavanaugh would support overturning Roe v. Wade

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna27099

They lied to you, Susie. They’re disgusting white make conservatives. It’s what they always do.
Old 05-03-2022, 12:03 PM
Jigsawed

The religious right might push the anti-abortion agenda but I suspect there is a significant number of people who are anti and are not religious.

In the absolute abortion is murder. Many people look at the absolute and make adjustments with time...15 weeks...23 weeks. WTF.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
The religious right might push the anti-abortion agenda but I suspect there is a significant number of people who are anti and are not religious.

In the absolute abortion is murder. Many people look at the absolute and make adjustments with time...15 weeks...23 weeks. WTF.
In the absolute is birth control usurping God's will?
Old 05-06-2022, 11:51 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
In the absolute is birth control usurping God's will?
Of course. Just like vaccination is usurping God's will.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:59 PM

The lust and/or desire to procreate is the only sin against God in question.

The soul is infused in a human at the moment of conception. How and when that soul is 'recycled' is ultimately, up to God.

We're not forcing God to make a decision pre-maturely by killing another human being. God already knows the outcome for the soul.

I'm not recommending that you go around killing people. Just stating my opinion, that abortion is no worse than killing an adult during warfare.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:43 AM

I find the argument that abortion is not mentioned in the Constitution to be inconsistent at best.

Automatic weapons aren't mentioned in the Constitution, either. Or the Internet. Or space exploration. Are we to ignore modern day concerns because of a document penned 250 years ago?
Old 05-03-2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Looks like it will happen. The leaked draft puts a fine point on the takeover feared yet hoping would not happen.
For me, the story is not what decision they have or have not made. The ONLY issue for me is the leak. This is unprecedented.
Old 05-03-2022, 05:27 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
For me, the story is not what decision they have or have not made. The ONLY issue for me is the leak. This is unprecedented.
In that you would be mistaken. The Roe v. Wade decision was leaked back in '73. I get why conservos are losing their shyte over this. It means they will be finding their access to wimminfolk to be severely curtailed for the foreseeable future.

In addition, this decision by the Robert's court proves what liberals have been saying all along, conservatives can't keep their dirty minds out of other Americans bedrooms.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...zine-roe-wade/