Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Did the research. An IQ of 120 would put one in the top 10%. The average IQ of college graduates has dropped over the last 50 years. I would expect that much of that can be explained by the fact that college is more universally available now than fifty years ago.

Regards,

D-Ray
I must confess that the number I was given applied to the Mensa test in 1964 and applied to Canadian universities so things may have changed. Regardless the numbers are meaningless given that any individual could take all of the tests that are out there and receive a different number for each. Frex, Mensa required a score of 148 on their test to be allowed into the group. That number when applied against the standard distribution would put you well into the upper 98th percentile.

It was an interesting experience, while I was expecting such a group would apply logical thought, only to find as many bigots and narrow minded people as any other cross section of society. Then again I suppose logical thinking is what made me a good programmer. It only has one downside - you can't turn it off.

Memory is a strange thing, it was 48 years ago but it just came back to me that Mensa used the Catell test back then, along with the CTMM.

Last edited by merrylander; 05-13-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Yes we are smarter...we do not spell California with a K!
Just Amerika

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
High Scool Guidance Counsellor;

"David, I just don't understand why your failing English when your scores elsewhere are well above average."

"Three reasons;
1). English class comes right after lunch. I'm usually stoned.
2). I take issue with being forced to learn a language I already speak.
3). Mrs. Prescott is a drunk and a bitter old hag. I don't like her and she doesn't like me. So, it's best that we avoid each other. Wouldn't you say?"

See. I've always been like this.
ROTFLMAO!!

Pete
Old 05-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I thought IQ was innate. In other words. and education level achieved don't necessarily correlate, correct?
The numbers relate to what people take into college with them. Presumably, if the colleges have entrance standards based on academic capabilities, it makes sense that some of the indicators for intelligence are going to be higher for those accepted to attend college.

On the other hand, a person's physical agility or running speed are subject to a number if innate factors, but training can allow a person to improve speed and agility. I believe that mental agility can be enhanced by training as well.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-20-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Here's what liberal intellect looks like to me:

amazing what a few lines will do for ya!

At the next AK fest maybe yall can keep an eye out for people with their face set like that. And when you see one. And Yell, LIBERAL!!! all the while poointing a finger?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Loyal Opposition

Got news for ya. Very few people here believe that the term liberal is an epithet. Just because Rush sneers when he uses the term does not make being liberal a bad thing. You really need to broaden your base of information.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 05-20-2012, 11:48 PM

ok...maybe i should have used commie bat turd? I was making a joke. To me a liberal is some one who wants to spend other peoples money. by way of taxes of course. To help heal their bleeding hearts. Never mind the out come of the actions.

Lets take a look at detroit?. Once the proudest(one of) cities of north america. Now adays its pretty much a giant slum. Where did it start? Welfare started there first as far as i could recall. Pay some one to do nothing, encourages doing nothing to get the equal pay. Welfare does not help in the long term. only short term of less then a year and the poor guy gets back on his feet as he found a job. But the administration does not want that. Why there are so many regulations put upon industry by obama administration. Anti energy. Must tax the rich! their robbing us for petes sake(sorry pete) Arent they the ones who creat the jobs...there is more to it. Wheres the barr tender? hic
Old 05-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetaudio6 View Post
ok...maybe i should have used commie bat turd? I was making a joke. To me a liberal is some one who wants to spend other peoples money. by way of taxes of course. To help heal their bleeding hearts. Never mind the out come of the actions.

Lets take a look at detroit?. Once the proudest(one of) cities of north america. Now adays its pretty much a giant slum. Where did it start? Welfare started there first as far as i could recall. Pay some one to do nothing, encourages doing nothing to get the equal pay. Welfare does not help in the long term. only short term of less then a year and the poor guy gets back on his feet as he found a job. But the administration does not want that. Why there are so many regulations put upon industry by obama administration. Anti energy. Must tax the rich! their robbing us for petes sake(sorry pete) Arent they the ones who creat the jobs...there is more to it. Wheres the barr tender? hic
Yeah. That's what it is.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Admin

My gawd, they'll let anyone in here Dave. I'm thinkin' of asking for a refund....
they can keep the decoder ring.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
My gawd, they'll let anyone in here Dave. I'm thinkin' of asking for a refund....
they can keep the decoder ring.
Amazing, how simple the long and storied history of a struggling, de-industrialized city becomes when viewed through the eyes of a........Ahhhhh, now, I'm trying hard to remain respectful now.......

Last edited by BlueStreak; 05-21-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:23 AM

hehe funny. Im thoroughlly amused.hehe(how ever thourally is spelled. its been years since i took ingliss clase! hehe