Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-02-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Grover 'fucking' Norquist - a brief history...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grover_Norquist
You just can't help yourself can you? The challenge was to provide competing data that refutes the evidence that many, many companies (the list is now up to 303) are passing along the benefits of the corporate tax reduction to their employees. In response to that challenge, all you can do is toss lame insults and attempt to steer the convo off topic and/or bark about the source. Very predictable.

Once again, just because YOU don't like the source doesn't mean that the info provided is incorrect. If you don't like the info, that present competing info. But attempting to discredit the source without providing substantive info to refute the info / data / whatever isn't going to cut it. That tactic is particularly not going to cut it in this case where the data is simply a list, complete with sources, of real companies that have passed along direct benefits to their employees.

Sorry, but you'll have to do better than that, if you can.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Admin

Pfffffttt...
Old 02-02-2018, 09:39 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You just can't help yourself can you? The challenge was to provide competing data that refutes the evidence that many, many companies (the list is now up to 303) are passing along the benefits of the corporate tax reduction to their employees...
So, three hundred out of 6 million companies gave their employees a raise? What about the other 5,999,700 companies?

And what about this:
President Donald Trump’s administration will increase the amount of long-term debt it sells to $66 billion this quarter, marking the first boost in borrowing since 2009 as the Treasury seeks to cover mounting budget deficits.

The Treasury is shaping the government’s borrowing plans against a budget shortfall that grew to $665.7 billion last fiscal year because of higher spending on Medicare, Social Security and other programs for an aging population. The gap is expected to widen further due to tax cuts enacted this year that are projected to reduce revenue by almost $1.5 trillion over the next decade.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ime-since-2009

So, whatever raises people in these 300 companies get will get eaten up by increased interest payments on home and car loans.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:39 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Pfffffttt...
Didn't think you could.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:42 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You just can't help yourself can you? The challenge was to provide competing data that refutes the evidence that many, many companies (the list is now up to 303) are passing along the benefits of the corporate tax reduction to their employees. In response to that challenge, all you can do is toss lame insults and attempt to steer the convo off topic and/or bark about the source. Very predictable.

Once again, just because YOU don't like the source doesn't mean that the info provided is incorrect. If you don't like the info, that present competing info. But attempting to discredit the source without providing substantive info to refute the info / data / whatever isn't going to cut it. That tactic is particularly not going to cut it in this case where the data is simply a list, complete with sources, of real companies that have passed along direct benefits to their employees.

Sorry, but you'll have to do better than that, if you can.
Oh please, any of you so-called fiscal conservatives lost any smidgen of relevance that you had when you firmly locked your lips on Trump's budget busting $1.5 trillion grift. Grow the fuck up, Mike.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:43 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Didn't think you could.
Another dipshit speaks.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
President Donald Trump’s administration will increase the amount of long-term debt it sells to $66 billion this quarter, marking the first boost in borrowing since 2009 as the Treasury seeks to cover mounting budget deficits.

The Treasury is shaping the government’s borrowing plans against a budget shortfall that grew to $665.7 billion last fiscal year because of higher spending on Medicare, Social Security and other programs for an aging population. The gap is expected to widen further due to tax cuts enacted this year that are projected to reduce revenue by almost $1.5 trillion over the next decade.
All part of their plan to kill off FDR’s and LBJ’s legacy programs. Their billionaire supporters aren’t rich enough, they want it all, at the expense of the elderly and infirm. They’ll blame it on Hillary and the Dems, of course. Fox “News” will be there, cheering them.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Another dipshit speaks.
I had hoped for better than that.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
I had hoped for better than that.
Look at his posting history.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Oh please, any of you so-called fiscal conservatives lost any smidgen of relevance that you had when you firmly locked your lips on Trump's budget busting $1.5 trillion grift. Grow the fuck up, Mike.
And don't forget Bush's tax cuts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_tax_cuts
The CBO estimated in June 2012 that the Bush tax cuts of 2001 (EGTRRA) and 2003 (JGTRRA) added approximately $1.5 trillion total to the debt over the 2002–2011 decade, excluding interest.[2]
The CBO estimated in January 2009 that the Bush tax cuts would add approximately $3.0 trillion to the debt over the 2010–2019 decade if fully extended at all income levels, including interest.[3]