Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Rajoo's Avatar
Rajoo Rajoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SF East Bay
Posts: 11,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
He may decide against Manafort, but not for that reason. Manafort was "tight with Russian money" before he was involved with the Trump campaign, and I've seen no evidence - nor has Mueller charged Manafort with - any activity that is connect to the Trump campaign.



There will be no "conspiracy charge" because there's been no conspiracy. But you'd also need to define what the crime is that Manafort was involved in when committing conspiracy, because conspiracy on its own is not a crime.
Is collusion same as conspiracy?
__________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”― George Carlin
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-04-2018, 06:07 PM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 11,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
First, Mueller IS the adult in this room.
Second, how do you know there is no conspiracy, or collusion?
After two years of various investigations and leaks galore, if there were, the participants would, at the very least, already have been tried and convicted in the press.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-04-2018, 06:09 PM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 11,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Actually, unlike an HR flunky, my job depends on my having original, highy creative thoughts regularly.
Damn shame that absolutely none of that carries over from your job to your participation here.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-04-2018, 06:13 PM
Chicks Chicks is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Damn shame that absolutely none of that carries over from your job to your participation here.
Again with the unintended humor, lol. You’re always good for a laugh!
__________________
"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-04-2018, 06:27 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 21,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
After two years of various investigations and leaks galore, if there were, the participants would, at the very least, already have been tried and convicted in the press.
There hasn't yet been a single leak from Mueller's team and every action he has taken has been a complete surprise to everyone involved. Your faulty logic is an example of the adage "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." In other words, you seem to believe that since you don't know everything that Mueller knows, Mueller knows nothing. It doesn't work that way, Skippy.
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.

Last edited by finnbow; 05-04-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-04-2018, 08:03 PM
Chicks Chicks is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3,754
The White House, OTOH, leaks like a sieve, likely because there are still a few good people working there who are horrified at the ineptness starting from the top. The Mueller team is composed of truly the best of the best. Quite a contrast.
__________________
"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-04-2018, 08:07 PM
Pio1980's Avatar
Pio1980 Pio1980 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Bamastan
Posts: 8,650
I still have difficulty with folks taking this fart joke punchline potus seriously.
__________________
I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-04-2018, 08:41 PM
Rajoo's Avatar
Rajoo Rajoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SF East Bay
Posts: 11,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I still have difficulty with folks taking this fart joke punchline potus seriously.
You and me both.
His own people have called him a joke, a moron and an idiot among other things. What is there to like or admire about this con artist?
__________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”― George Carlin
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Chicks Chicks is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
What is there to like or admire about this con artist?
His great head of hair? Oh, wait...
__________________
"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-07-2018, 03:16 PM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 11,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
There hasn't yet been a single leak from Mueller's team and every action he has taken has been a complete surprise to everyone involved.
Oh, no. Not a single leak. Except for these:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/polit...ion/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ts-cooperation

https://www.wsj.com/articles/special...obe-1501788287 In this one, the WSJ reported on the Grand Jury and the Prez's legal counsel wasn't aware of it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/special...ers-1503694304

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-tower-n796746

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1C92WN

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/02/russi...-says-witness/

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/polit...ion/index.html

You claim no leaks, yet there's been plenty of news from "sources with direct knowledge of the investigation" about what Mueller's merry band is up to. While the articles, of course, don't name sources, the leaks appear in some cases to come from folks on Mueller's team, or possibly someone within the DOJ that Mueller may be required to brief. In any case, the info is getting out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Your faulty logic is an example of the adage "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." In other words, you seem to believe that since you don't know everything that Mueller knows, Mueller knows nothing. It doesn't work that way, Skippy.
More BS. You may be wishing for a particular outcome here, and that's fine. But you don't get to ignore the information that's out there in the process, an then tell me "it doesn't work that way" while you ignore it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.