Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Here's how I look at it;

If the person is cognizant, wants do be done with it and refuses medication, etc., then who are we to get in the way?

If the person is not cognizant, legally dead, on life support, then it goes to the legal guardian.

If the person is not cognizant, legally dead, on life support, and has no legal guardian or next of kin to be found, then the state decides.

When that sanctimonious imbecile Hannity and the Grandstanding Old Party get involved and start trying to prolong suffering and misery they should be told to sit down and shut their stupid, noisy holes. Unfortunately, those balloonheads have 1st amendment rights too.

The Schaivo case was the worst example of media & governmental interference vs. individual free will of our lifetimes.

Regards,
Dave
Bingo.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Congrats, we're one step closer to democrat utopia. Dissent forbidden! Maybe we'll fold into the Democratic Underground and feel really good about being around people who strictly agree.

Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Bam! We can all sing the same song.... over and over and over. What fun.
Quote:
'This is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend....'

Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Nobody banned him. He can come back whenever he wants to. What I see in your post is the typical rightwing cries of censorship, when nothing of the sort has occured. Disagreement is not censorship.

My guess is he just couldn't win the argument. So, he threw a temper tantrum and stomped off bruised, angry and pouting. Also a typical rightwing reaction. Such sensitive little crybabies they are....................

Regards,
Dave

Pete & JJ, From the looks of things you feel that marketplace of ideas should be required to coddle the babies who can't & won't defend their batshit crazy ideas. So, who's advocating nannyism now?

Dave is right, 100%.

Whell misrepresented his argument, particularly his citations. Most of us are old enough to have lost someone near & dear to terminal illness and those wounds never heal. He chose to go there and rip those wounds open for sadistic reasons, IMO. He got some pretty cogent and respectful arguments. I deleted a couple of my more visceral responses out of respect for the board.Not because they weren't right.

So, you lost one of your favorite trolls, boo hoo. Go cry in your beers and stop misrepresenting what happened.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Admin

Twenty bucks says he'll be back. Any takers?
Old 12-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I hope he does.

Everyone handles grief differently. However everybody has it.

It's the one certain thing in life. Happiness is not, unfortunately.

Pete
Old 12-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Admin

Quote:
I hope he does.

Pete
I agree. I've been hoping Big Bill would show his sweet choirboy mug around here again. DJ? Not so much...

I'll bet JJ is loving the nanny appellation... Olly, olly oxen! Ok, I'll stop now.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:50 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Pete & JJ, From the looks of things you feel that marketplace of ideas should be required to coddle the babies who can't & won't defend their batshit crazy ideas. So, who's advocating nannyism now?

Dave is right, 100%.

Whell misrepresented his argument, particularly his citations. Most of us are old enough to have lost someone near & dear to terminal illness and those wounds never heal. He chose to go there and rip those wounds open for sadistic reasons, IMO. He got some pretty cogent and respectful arguments. I deleted a couple of my more visceral responses out of respect for the board.Not because they weren't right.

So, you lost one of your favorite trolls, boo hoo. Go cry in your beers and stop misrepresenting what happened.
Bob, like noonereal, you and I see things differently. So does Whell. That is no reason to go to personal attacks. State your case, let him state his and go from there. I, for one, don't have to be told whether or not someone is stupid, an asshole, or any other pejorative. I can make up my own mind about that by the arguments they present. Name calling and the like, in my opinion, have kept a lot of people from coming back after a few visits. I am interested in hearing commentary from all sides. That is becoming increasingly hard to do here.

As far as misrepresenting what happened, I don't recall anyone saying he was banned. It looked like to me he got tired of wading through the personal crap thrown at him.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:52 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
I'll bet JJ is loving the nanny appellation... Olly, olly oxen! Ok, I'll stop now.
Believe you me, I've been called worse!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Admin

Aww, JJ. You know I love you. I'm sorry.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Admin

Maybe you righties can pool your resources and.....
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=488572

Check out Sandy's funny appellation and characterization. Sumpthin' about vipers and I called him a ssssssissy in return. I hear ya on namecalling but sometimes politeness can be carried too far. I've been trying, lately but sometimes a resounding, "expletive deleted" makes me feel better. It isn't something I'm particularly proud of.

When whell loses an argument or a point he never admits it and there is a deafening silence from y'alls side of the aisle, why is that? It isn't just that we are picking on him or ganging up on him, he is a dishonest debater, IMO.

Pent up emotions ain't so good for the digestion either, old friend. Peace.

Last edited by bobabode; 12-20-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Area Man

Quote:
I hope he does.

Pete
Me too, despite the fact he irritates me like a bad rash. Arguing with the agreeable gets boring and pointless very quickly.

Regards,
Dave